Schulz Tackle on Ted Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

images

Somebody, anybody please explain WTF has happened here?

How about a bit of consistency MRP you bunch of tools. First Buddy cops a week for something that Stevie J or Ballas would have copped 3 or 4 for and now Schulz gets let off for basically doing the same thing that Gibbs did. Give me a ******* break.

Whilst I don't agree the Schulz tackle was as bad as the Gibbs one, the MRP really have to come out and say what the difference is.
AFL counted up the cost of empty seats at the SCG and tarps at Adelaide oval an came up with the Franklin and J Schulz decisions.:D:D

Nah, just probably compared the fact that Gibbs got up with a smirk and Schulz actually gave a stuff.

Anyone that actually agrees with this decision is Carlton prejudice.
There is literally no difference between the two tackles

I agree with it and have no prejudice against Carlton. I said early in the piece in this thread that it would get thrown out and I was right.

Apart from the same result to both of the players that got tackled, I don't understand why people can't see that the tackles were different.

Isn't it a load of bollocks?

I'm fine with Gibbs going... But FFS when looking at other similar tackles surely they can go "right we've been giving this out, so we need to be consistent".

Same for the Franklin rubbish. Ticked every box - intentional, high contact, didn't play the ball at all... Wet lettuce response.

WD to Schulz and hope he has a ripper next weekend... But the MRP panel is just flapped for its bs inconsistency.

Whilst I don't agree the Schulz tackle was as bad as the Gibbs one, the MRP really have to come out and say what the difference is.

Nah, just probably compared the fact that Gibbs got up with a smirk and Schulz actually gave a stuff.

Makes a change.
Doesn't look like Schulz has given a stuff all year.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe this is even a discussion.

Perfectly legitimate tackle in which the tackled player dropped the ball. Schulz was doing the same thing that every person ever trained to play AFL is taught to do, pinning the arms and continuing the tackle to make sure the player can't get a disposal away.

If that's illegal, then proper tackling has suddenly become illegal.

It might as well be, given that the holding the ball rule has been abolished anyway.

New topic: why does the AFL hate Aussie rules football and want to destroy it?

Cannot believe this so close on the heels of Gibbs.

Did Evans stick his head in the door today to see what direction things were heading?

Just when you think the AFL is regaining lost credibility.

I'm not going to trouble myself with the MRP anymore. Chooklotto is far too kind.

Anyone that actually agrees with this decision is Carlton prejudice.
There is literally no difference between the two tackles
Bar the minor detail that Gibbs did it in 2 motions and stuck his head in the ground....

Anyone that disagrees is a Carlton fan.

Bar the minor detail that Gibbs did it in 2 motions and stuck his head in the ground....

Anyone that disagrees is a Carlton fan.

Mate, Jake King got two weeks not so long ago for a sling tackle that the MRP conceded was "one fairly fluid motion".

There is no consistency whatsoever. They will make up any bullshit required to justify their decisions.

It's time the MRP's operations were opened up to public scrutiny so trust can be restored.

Last edited:
And if you listen to Ball on TSFS you can tell... He has NFI when he really should given his quality of being a player and person in general .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back