Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

In regards to paid players on contracts.
Because football is seasonal & not full time the contracts won't stand up in court.
That's coming from a Lawyer
Contracts are a civil issue and there are many hoops to jump through before a matter ever eventuates in court. Contracts do stand up in court but it is an expensive and drawn out process. The dollars and time usually dictate outcomes. Clubs are run by volunteers who often have short tenures in executive positions, therefore it is unlikely that anyone is likely to hang around for a legal fight. Should it be an aggrieved player, how much of what is owing will cover the costs?

Well Nth Albury mite be down but they are not out.Reading on here where guys think players mite be going from nth is just that speculation.What's happening at nth is nothing new to football every club in the league has been through it at least once.To the players that are at nth this is the year that is going to test what sort of character you guy's are made of, you can either stand up for the club in it's time of need or take the easy way out. Money has stuffed the comp clubs are paying players to much money ,district leagues are doing the same making it hard for the O.M. CLUBS to recruit them in. Regarding D.Leslie i think he will stay at nth, as club captain this is the time the players need him to lead by example like he does on the ground.If money is the only thing that is keeping players there[not just nth] then we have really lost the plot what country footy is about.

It's got me absolutely stuffed why anyone is supporting the committee that has got Nth Albury into this mess. They were writing cheques that they knew they couldn't cash!! It's bloody easy to lure players in with the cheap talk. The players have been totally let down by the committee, whether that be the recruiting team who lead them down the merry path or the executive who oversaw the whole process and allowed it to happen. Don't forget most players train and play for 10-11 months before they receive any compensation for their efforts, they well and truly upheld their end of the bargain in this case. They have been absolutely screwed over by a select few of incompetent managers who failed to see an overwhelming problem developing early on. I mean c'mon, to be $72K out in a player budget, that would account for something like 30-40% of total player payments. Don't get me wrong, it's a situation no neutral supporter likes to see any club go through but to point the finger at the players now is totally inaccurate. The people who got the club in this mess need to take responsibility and if players want to pursue a career at another club, O&M or elsewhere, then Nth Albury should allow them to do so with minimal issue. Who knows if Nth Albury get there own house in order in a couple years' time they could be benefiting from another clubs mismanagement via players seeking better stability elsewhere.

It's got me absolutely stuffed why anyone is supporting the committee that has got Nth Albury into this mess. They were writing cheques that they knew they couldn't cash!! It's bloody easy to lure players in with the cheap talk. The players have been totally let down by the committee, whether that be the recruiting team who lead them down the merry path or the executive who oversaw the whole process and allowed it to happen. Don't forget most players train and play for 10-11 months before they receive any compensation for their efforts, they well and truly upheld their end of the bargain in this case. They have been absolutely screwed over by a select few of incompetent managers who failed to see an overwhelming problem developing early on. I mean c'mon, to be $72K out in a player budget, that would account for something like 30-40% of total player payments. Don't get me wrong, it's a situation no neutral supporter likes to see any club go through but to point the finger at the players now is totally inaccurate. The people who got the club in this mess need to take responsibility and if players want to pursue a career at another club, O&M or elsewhere, then Nth Albury should allow them to do so with minimal issue. Who knows if Nth Albury get there own house in order in a couple years' time they could be benefiting from another clubs mismanagement via players seeking better stability elsewhere.
I have absolute faith in the bloke who has taken the reins at the footy club. He will definitely not let this happen again. The club was poorly ran and poorly being polite. I have no problem with blokes leaving after being screwed around. They lose trust and that's fair enough. I just think some players need to look back and remember what the clubs done for for them. Respect and trust is a two way street. People seem to forget prior walked out on he's junior club after playing in a grand final to raiders for big money.north copped that on the chin didn't they.

Ash eames reportedly going to don the red black white and teal. If they weren't a genuine chance before they definitely are now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I recall correctly , a few years ago the various country stars at WRFNC played as amateurs ( some genuine OMFL stars e.g R Walker ) to support a club in crisis at that time. The club ( supporters & sponsors) that had provided them with a very helpful 2nd income for a number of years. Something for a few NAFNC players to ponder.
Maybe the southern 5 clubs have an advantage that way , 4 one club towns , and one a very parochial two. Pretty hard to walk out and live in town.
It is the obvious interest of all clubs not to have a very weak club (or two) , with gate receipts and food/beverage sales. No point going to the grove to watch yarra 35.22 beat n.a 1.2 ? Fev or no Fev.
Of interest - WRFNC appear to be spending a bit too? Big sponsor? "show me the money?"

WRFNC 1997 - Walker, Wilson x 3, Pasquali, Tossol, Freund all for $0, all were about 1/3 of Vic Country sides in the 90s. A different time indeed
If I recall correctly , a few years ago the various country stars at WRFNC played as amateurs ( some genuine OMFL stars e.g R Walker ) to support a club in crisis at that time. The club ( supporters & sponsors) that had provided them with a very helpful 2nd income for a number of years. Something for a few NAFNC players to ponder.
Maybe the southern 5 clubs have an advantage that way , 4 one club towns , and one a very parochial two. Pretty hard to walk out and live in town.
It is the obvious interest of all clubs not to have a very weak club (or two) , with gate receipts and food/beverage sales. No point going to the grove to watch yarra 35.22 beat n.a 1.2 ? Fev or no Fev.
Of interest - WRFNC appear to be spending a bit too? Big sponsor? "show me the money?"

Will Lavington's second and third tall forwards from last year get a game this year with Kosi and Prior coming in?
Could North be well served by speaking to one or both of them? There's a spot at North and theirs may be gone at Lavi.

They could, but I personally think flagg could be the best benefactor with prior and kossie coming on board, he will now get the third best defender and I think he is too good a player potentially for that..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

They could, but I personally think flagg could be the best benefactor with prior and kossie coming on board, he will now get the third best defender and I think he is too good a player potentially for that..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Exactly, Flagg drops from first tall to third, which means he'll be very dangerous. But it means the two blokes behind him either have to find another role in the team or go back to the seconds. Would they want to do that?

Anyway, what does everyone think of the decision to remove most of the Sunday games?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back