Official Match Thread Season 24 Round 12: Las Vegas Bears vs Fighting Furies at The Stadium in the Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

Bears_vs_Furies.jpg

Las Vegas Bears vs Fighting Furies
Match Preview – Round 12​

Summary

With Super Qooty weekend now done and dusted we turn our attention to Round 12. This is an intriguing match-up. Essentially, it’s 11th vs 2nd however with the way the league is at the moment, the Bears are all in with a chance here at the Stadium in the sky. The Furies have won their last 2 games heading into this one so they’ll be taking full confidence while the Bears looked to be on a bit of a winning streak however fell at the line in last week’s match.

LAST TIME THEY MET

Furies_vs_Bears.jpg

If this weekend’s match is anything like the match we witness in round 1, then we’ll be in for a cracking contest. 7 points is all that separated these two sides 12 weeks ago with the Furies running out on top by 7 solid behinds. It was a close contest in round 1, however I don’t see it being that way this time around.

This Is Anfield showed experience through the midfield with 23 disposals with big help from Nuffers and Tarkyn_24 as he enjoyed a stint through the middle as well after being the clubs main goal kicker for many a-seasons. Wacky Tiger was the difference between the two sides with the main man up forward kicking a bag of 7 goals to kick start his season and charge towards the Fred Medal.

For the Bears, it was close but no cigar in their first encounter of season 24. Doctor Gero and RU_ battled hard with 48 disposals between them while a few multiple goal scorers up forward couldn’t quite get the job done. OFFtheBALL, reggie and Avatarp all finished with multiple goals.

LEAGUE TEAMS
Las Vegas Bears – Round 11 Team
B: FKASC - AngryRanga - avishka5
HB: KO_KO - Magruder - Striker475
C: Matera92 - FiveStrings - JoshWoodenSpoon
HF: OFFtheBALL - Noidenous - RookiePick
F: tim_saints - Broken - reggie
R: Doctor Gero - RU_ - Avatarp
INT: kane249 - hilly

Fighting Furies – Round 11 Team
B:
Stevi_Tigers - EvenExhale - TJASTA
HB: rfctigerarmy - Helen Wheels - Shadow Man
C: Nuffers - JackNah_8 - footy_fumbler
HF: akkaps - Michaels - Tarkyn_24
F: Tiger71 - Wacky Tiger - _Cayz_
R: This Is Anfield - Sterge - NaturalDisaster

INT: tigland - Grockadoc

Captains please submit Official Team Sheets by 11.59 AEST Thursday

Saturday or Sunday game? Wonder if the Bears will turn up... Our last two opponents have been in the bar at half time.

We're normally in the bar before the game and at all of the breaks, sometimes during the quarters too

Furies with 2 wins in a row! I thought Richmond had wrenched back the success mojo from the Furies and the Furies were going to be the s**t pairing of the two now...

Looks like I'll have to find another far fetched reason why we'll win this week.

Furies with 2 wins in a row! I thought Richmond had wrenched back the success mojo from the Furies and the Furies were going to be the s**t pairing of the two now...

Looks like I'll have to find another far fetched reason why we'll win this week.

Furies have never won in the same week as Richmond winning a final, unlucky for you AFL is finished

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Furies have never won in the same week as Richmond winning a final, unlucky for you AFL is finished
Furies have also never won at the Stadium in the Sky in the three months following a Richmond Grand Final win.

I sure hope I can take a mark with my hands full of these straws I'm clutching.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back