Official Match Thread Season 35, Round 12 - Roys FFC v Dragons FFC at Brunswick Junction Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Roys FFC v Dragons FFC at Brunswick Junction Oval
The 9th-place, 5-5 Roys host the 7th-place, 6-4 Dragons this week. The Roys were disappointing after holding a slender 1 point lead at quarter time, slumping to a 41 point loss to the Royals. The Dragons had not one, but two goalless quarters on the weekend en route to a shocking 51 point loss to the Bombers. With so much to play for and a tight ladder, both teams will be desperate to turn around their form and resurrect their seasons.

Last time they met
In Round 5 of last season, scores were level at quarter time before the Dragons found another gear, kicking 5.6 to 3.0 to take a handy lead at half time. They maintained their advantage for the rest of the game despite the Roys' impressive accuracy en route to a crucial 26 point win. Hatchy1992 kicked 4 goals and was a standout in an even team performance by the Dragons and got 1 Mobbs vote for his trouble. However champion Roys DERRINALPHIL (106 DT, 2 goals, 27 disposals) and tigs2010 (99 DT, 9 tackles) were best on ground in a losing cause and deservedly walked away with 3 and 2 Mobbs votes respectively.

Players to watch
For the Roys, veteran 3KZ is Football (86 DT, 2 goals, 23 disposals) lead from the front and was well supported by Runk (22 disposals, 1 goal) and Ed_Gein (74 DT, 20 disposals) . Meanwhile for the Dragons, Knifey Spoony (105 DT, 2 goals, 24 disposals) played one of the best games of his career in a special performance and Strigoi (13 hitouts, 18 disposals, 3 tackles, 77 DT) was dominant throughout the game.

Prediction
Dragons by 11 points

Leadership Groups, please have your team sheets submitted by 11.59pm Vic Bias Time (AEST) this Thursday

Roys FFC v Dragons FFC at Brunswick Junction Oval
The 9th-place, 5-5 Roys host the 7th-place, 6-4 Dragons this week. The Roys were disappointing after holding a slender 1 point lead at quarter time, slumping to a 41 point loss to the Royals. The Dragons had not one, but two goalless quarters on the weekend en route to a shocking 51 point loss to the Bombers. With so much to play for and a tight ladder, both teams will be desperate to turn around their form and resurrect their seasons.

Last time they met
In Round 5 of last season, scores were level at quarter time before the Dragons found another gear, kicking 5.6 to 3.0 to take a handy lead at half time. They maintained their advantage for the rest of the game despite the Roys' impressive accuracy en route to a crucial 26 point win. Hatchy1992 kicked 4 goals and was a standout in an even team performance by the Dragons and got 1 Mobbs vote for his trouble. However champion Roys DERRINALPHIL (106 DT, 2 goals, 27 disposals) and tigs2010 (99 DT, 9 tackles) were best on ground in a losing cause and deservedly walked away with 3 and 2 Mobbs votes respectively.

Players to watch
For the Roys, veteran 3KZ is Football (86 DT, 2 goals, 23 disposals) lead from the front and was well supported by Runk (22 disposals, 1 goal) and Ed_Gein (74 DT, 20 disposals) . Meanwhile for the Dragons, Knifey Spoony (105 DT, 2 goals, 24 disposals) played one of the best games of his career in a special performance and Strigoi (13 hitouts, 18 disposals, 3 tackles, 77 DT) was dominant throughout the game.

Prediction
Dragons by 11 points

Leadership Groups, please have your team sheets submitted by 11.59pm Vic Bias Time (AEST) this Thursday
Just another reminder how my teammates stabbed me in the back in the Mobbs Medal count.

Dragon gifs over/under please?
I think the bookmaker that was offering that market went broke last time when you helped the dragons fix the outcome

I’ll let you on but with a maximum bet size of $1.30

season 7 dragon GIF by Game of Thrones

dragons-banner-s35-rnd12.png

Chief, A Swallow, DJ75, Blaze Storm, Pie 4 Life, serial_thrilla, T2B_, Mooresome, Stoods, DragoDelph, BringBackTheAnchor, Matt_352, Strigoi, Hatchy1992, paraaaa, Knifey Spoony, VandoHawk, Bradesmaen, Ashman OG, HawkAussie, Ljp86, PhenomenalV1, Ge3ks, Lbaddie29, prpl_jss

Well well well, Dragons. From the Bombers prison to the Roys retirement village, not sure which is a worse stay but I'll let you be the judge.

I think the Roys lack a Wosh these days, so no carrot cake for anyone this week, but I'm sure we'll make up for it with our usual culinary delights. We also have a game to win this week coming off a very bad loss where we seemed to forget to turn up for entire quarters.

Go Dragons!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance. You’ll be up against DERRINALPHIL which will be as painful as extracting teeth mostly because that’s what he’s likely to do to you under a pack 😳
I was already at the dentist - last week, actually. 😬 See, all is well.

BF000519-D361-4015-9AAF-7192A8D23C11.gif
Just let him try to work on my teeth.

BC96F9E2-0BBA-4231-9DC2-785F3BBDBB3B.gif

No chance. You’ll be up against DERRINALPHIL which will be as painful as extracting teeth mostly because that’s what he’s likely to do to you under a pack 😳
I feel like if the ruck is constantly under a pack he doesn't quite understand his role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back