Official Match Thread Season 35, Round 8: West Coast Wonders vs Sin City Swamprats at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m mildly beside myself…. Tipped my mob to win by Barry Round - 25… were up by 29 at half time but it is hot and muggy on the GoCo….I blame Dingster
Dingster was seen watering the centre square at 1/2 time to try and take a bit of sting out of it.

7677EF7C-FCF9-444E-AFB9-F20120708B79.jpeg

Then how did I get in in the first place?

The external entrance usually used for lions and hippos. You’re spending the night in a cage between the panthers and a pride of hungry lions. We are nothing if not hospitable at the Colosseum.

Look, I’d love to get this 1000 done so I can talk about something else.

But even I don’t think I can get to 1000 this week.

Instead, let’s all sit back and admire as I kick my 500th behind, another milestone worth celebrating. I’ll be the 2nd to ever do so.

And a lazy 10 goals puts me ever closer…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets Go Nfl GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Game day has two meanings at the Colosseum. Yep we play and win a game of Qooty. But inspired by my old Romans we also hunt the Oppo as game. Many a former Oppo player has made unique contributions to the cuisine enjoyed at our home ground.

500 behinds is kinda lame, Clarkey’s 400th goal and Crowwy’s 500th goal today will be a much better celebration 🥳

I am going to kick my 500th kick today

That is definitely worth celebrating

500 behinds is kinda lame, Clarkey’s 400th goal and Crowwy’s 500th goal today will be a much better celebration 🥳
No, it’s awesome. Every point matters.

But yes, the 1000 goal mark is so close.

The CCs can only dream of being that close.

Kennedy Parker this is extreme, I know.

But desperate times, desperate measures.

As league administrator, I encourage you to announce a formal review into the downturn of the West Coast Wonders.

The review should be conducted by a panel of highly accomplished and experienced posters who will interview all players on the list, past and present, from the last five seasons.

The scope of the review would be wide, with an end goal of making recommendations to the committee on actions which will reinstate the Wonders as one of the most influential, relevant and sustainable clubs in the Sweet FA.

Though the review would be wide reaching, it would focus particularly on the inept leadership. If, as I suspect, the review recommends a clean out of leadership at the club, the Sweet FA should make the drastic and unprecedented move of forcibly sacking many of the Wonders’ top brass, replacing them with league appointed posters who will reestablish this once proud club.

Should I be called upon to take control of the Wonders for a season or two, I’d fulfill my duties admirably.

As league administrator, I encourage you to announce a formal review into the downturn of the West Coast Wonders.

The review should be conducted by a panel of highly accomplished and experienced posters who will interview all players on the list, past and present, from the last five seasons.

The scope of the review would be wide, with an end goal of making recommendations to the committee on actions which will reinstate the Wonders as one of the most influential, relevant and sustainable clubs in the Sweet FA.

Though the review would be wide reaching, it would focus particularly on the inept leadership. If, as I suspect, the review recommends a clean out of leadership at the club, the Sweet FA should make the drastic and unprecedented move of forcibly sacking many of the Wonders’ top brass, replacing them with league appointed posters who will reestablish this once proud club.

Should I be called upon to take control of the Wonders for a season or two, I’d fulfill my duties admirably.
So you’re thinking of joining the Wonders huh? Is it because we’ve invited damicky to join the Swamprats Or because you know you will improve them?

8428DB1D-5297-4696-96A0-88E87F55368E.jpeg

So you’re thinking of joining the Wonders huh? Is it because we’ve invited damicky to join the Swamprats Or because you know you will improve them?
They need all the help they can get, and I’m the best there is and the best there ever will be.

Though I talk myself up, I do put the league first.

Teehee at Okey. The Wonders are at the top of their game s they have been throughout their 35 Seasons.

Your “desperate times..” lines is a very sad projection reflecting the misery of the SmarmyPratts, a fly by night mob or Johnny come lately team that could disappear or merge and few would notice. All that would be left is a disconsolate spookism sobbing in the rain.

Look, I’d love to get this 1000 done so I can talk about something else.

But even I don’t think I can get to 1000 this week.

Instead, let’s all sit back and admire as I kick my 500th behind, another milestone worth celebrating. I’ll be the 2nd to ever do so.

And a lazy 10 goals puts me ever closer…

something else? Like 2,000?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back