Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 11 - Sin City Swamprats v Fighting Furies @ Underground Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s a good list to ponder over. Off the top of my head, can’t think of anyone I’d rather be than Anton Chigurh. Especially the hair.

javier bardem murder GIF
jerk hal GIF

this is my go to

but I have a million others

jerk hal GIF

this is my go to

but I have a million others
HAL is a go for sure.

I could also go with Hans Landa.

Tarantino could have done a lot better with the way he finished with him.

Last edited:

Holy smokes!

Serious post for a moment.

I watched The Pianist last night, as it's leaving Netflix today. Brilliant movie, but I'm not sure if I've ever had a harder time getting through a film. If anyone is yet to see it, please don't let the chance go by when it's next on Netflix or Prime, but it is not an enjoyable experience. Now while I'm not Jewish (my background is Irish-Italian, so you can easily guess my religion), it will speak to everyone as the absolute best of humanity was present amidst the absolute worst act ever committed by our species in some of the acts of heroism that did take place during the Holocaust.

During the scenes of the devastation of Warsaw at the end though, I did think of Gaza City. While I'm not taking sides in this (what Hamas did last weekend is pure evil), the response is harming the innocent. There are no easy solutions, but remembered it was the simple acts of dehumanisation that escalated and then allowed for state sanctioned murder to be committed. The Holocaust should never be forgotten, but more importantly, those who put themselves at risk to resist tyranny should always be remembered.

I watched The Pianist last night, as it's leaving Netflix today. Brilliant movie, but I'm not sure if I've ever had a harder time getting through a film. If anyone is yet to see it, please don't let the chance go by when it's next on Netflix or Prime, but it is not an enjoyable experience. Now while I'm not Jewish (my background is Irish-Italian, so you can easily guess my religion), it will speak to everyone as the absolute best of humanity was present amidst the absolute worst act ever committed by our species in some of the acts of heroism that did take place during the Holocaust.

During the scenes of the devastation of Warsaw at the end though, I did think of Gaza City. While I'm not taking sides in this (what Hamas did last weekend is pure evil), the response is harming the innocent. There are no easy solutions, but remembered it was the simple acts of dehumanisation that escalated and then allowed for state sanctioned murder to be committed. The Holocaust should never be forgotten, but more importantly, those who put themselves at risk to resist tyranny should always be remembered.
It always difficult. Makes me realise I should be grateful for the time and place in history I’ve found myself in whenever I’m in a pissy mood for one bullshit reason or another. Like if we win and don’t finish bottom, I’ll find peace.

Go Away GIF

Didn't win tattslotto again.

Back to work tomorrow.

No matter how many times I ask Snapchat AI it won't tell me the numbers.

Chat GPT or GTFO

I only use that when I am in desperate need of help.

Like when I need to message my Mrs to ask if I can stay at the pub for another not beer, or trying to get out of Xmas dinner at her brother's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Up early to get myself prepared for a genuine beating today. Rats don’t let me down.

Make sure you beat yourself up a few times first, that always helps.

I only use that when I am in desperate need of help.

Like when I need to message my Mrs to ask if I can stay at the pub for another not beer, or trying to get out of Xmas dinner at her brother's.
I’m at the pub now and I asked chat GPT if I should stay at the pub. It gave me a very informed and helpful response. I feel I might actually be on a good track now.

I’m at the pub now and I asked chat GPT if I should stay at the pub. It gave me a very informed and helpful response. I feel I might actually be on a good track now.

Please to here, if only chat GPT could make a sandwich

Everyone wins in that instance - we'll be a win closer to a finals berth, and the Furies will be closer to their stated goal of winning the spoon.....as long as the Old Boys don't lose any more points.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back