Roast Seating for r22 v North

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a 3 game ticket and my old man is coming down from Merimbula for Roo's last game. No membership but on concession.

I called the club to see what kind of crowd they expected, how early to get there etc and was told they are planning for a capacity game given its our last home game and Roo is retiring.

I was then advised to go to ticketmaster and book seats.

$63 for 2 seats on level 3. This is with my membership applied and purchasing a concession ticket for my dad.

They have to be joking right? As it stands I get in for free and a concession ticket is less than $20. So we are being asked to front $40 in fees for a game against North Melbourne?

Maybe Im doing it wrong but does anyone have any idea about booking tickets in advance? I expected maybe a couple of bucks extra but $40 is crazy!!

Any help would be appreciated, otherwise we will just rock up at 1pm and settle in for the long haul.

Etihad are an absolute joke with their ticketing. Just come to the ground early-ish on the day, and you'll be able to get good general admission seats. If the game is at 1:10, rock up at 12. If it's at 3:20, rock up at about 2-2:15 to make sure you get good seats, don't get sucked in by Ticketmaster to have to buy reserved seats when we'll probably only end up with 35,000 anyway.

Etihad are an absolute joke with their ticketing. Just come to the ground early-ish on the day, and you'll be able to get good general admission seats. If the game is at 1:10, rock up at 12. If it's at 3:20, rock up at about 2-2:15 to make sure you get good seats, don't get sucked in by Ticketmaster to have to buy reserved seats when we'll probably only end up with 35,000 anyway.

Yep I have stayed away from games this year when they were looking like ticketed only, because I don't have reserved seats and they were going to be capacity games. If you get on line to get three of us with memberships in to the ground it was going to cost $160 dollars because apparently the game was a sell out and no cheap seats were left then on TV the games look empty. They are ******* themselves up and costing our club money. The only time I have ever missed a seat by general admission walk up was against Essendon about 4 years ago and there was still standing room so I don't know why I listen.

Ticketmaster is so unbelievably s**t too, you enter your membership number and half the time tells you it doesn't exist or cancels its self for no reason and you need to start again. It's like it hasn't been updated since the 1990s. The AFL should get their own stand alone ticketing service, the one they use is not up to it.

I rocked up at the dome at about 5.30 for the last north game that was an away game
Cost me 74 bucks a ticket at the gate to sit on level 1 lol

WTF that's obscene.

Great advice there nanganator.

Your our man on the spot!

As I think it was you or another poster said..........ticketmaster seem to only offer the most expensive reserved seats.....I wondered this when out of curiosity,I had a look at the pricing for seats for an upcoming home game earlier this year.

I was more than a little surprised at the high pricing.

This was confirmed mid year when a relo of my Mum came over from Adel with his daughter to watch a Saints game(an away game) and also met up with his son from Sydney.

At a get together the next day,I asked how much it cost for 3 seats after booking them from Adelaide.
I nearly fell out of my seat when he told me the cost for seats on level 3.....I said "you paid that much to watch us get flogged"

I said next time you come over for a home game.......we'll get you in with us(there's always spare seats around us) for no cost.

He then nearly fell out of his seat !!!!!

I rocked up at the dome at about 5.30 for the last north game that was an away game
Cost me 74 bucks a ticket at the gate to sit on level 1 lol
That's outrageous PoppdCorn.

I rarely go to away games but if I did....would just get a GA tic and stand on the concourse and watch.

That's outrageous PoppdCorn.

I rarely go to away games but if I did....would just get a GA tic and stand on the concourse and watch.

When we played the Dogs I got general admission tickets and they charged $42 dollars for me and $19 for my 11 yo for general admission and sat on level 3. I don't know how the ticketing works but it would put people off coming back. last week though I got a friend and his family- wife and 3 kids and me and my son in on our family pass and free Sunday tickets for kids so it was like $19 on top of my membership tickets for 7 of us. Complete contrast.

Yup
Obviously me interstate membership which includes 5 home games isn't valid

Its the same in sa gringo
I get one game in my home state the other game I have to pay for....... $70 each, which is why I won't go to both games
They used to be about $38 at footy park
With George's mid year feed back to Matt Finnis.......I bought up these issues with George as something for the club could look at.

-Interstate members...despite what level membership they have...get access to good priced seats for home or away games...Etihad or MCG.

-If the Saints play once or twice in either OLD,WA or S/AUST.....members there should also get access to good priced seats for those games.

With Etihad...maybe the club has little or no control over pricing/seat options with non reserved seats...if so...hopefully the new stadium deal will address that.

With interstate.....again.....maybe the club can do very little with dealing with the individual stadiums.

$70 for the second game seems a bit rude PoppedCorn....very Bloody rude !!!!

Exactly. Get into the game 2 hours beforehand and you will be fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just get there early and bag a seat. Then head down to the Gate 5 bar and bag a few froffies. That's what I do. Too easy!
I love the Gate 5 bar. I worked the West Coast game on Sunday and was right in front of it, then I knocked off just after the end of the game and had a couple of celebratory beers with the Saints family!

It's no wonder why Level 2 at Etihad is always empty, it's so expensive and you can't even actually buy Medallion seats, the only way you can get them is if you know someone who has them. Costs $5,000 for a season ticket and you have to buy 4 at a minimum, so it's only big businesses that use them. Level 1 is crap too. even when the seats are empty you're not supposed to let people sit there. For the North v Gold Coast game this year there was like 14,000 at the game and they still wouldn't open it up for General Admission. Even reserved seats on Level 3 are $55 or something, it's ridiculous.

I love the Gate 5 bar. I worked the West Coast game on Sunday and was right in front of it, then I knocked off just after the end of the game and had a couple of celebratory beers with the Saints family!

It's no wonder why Level 2 at Etihad is always empty, it's so expensive and you can't even actually buy Medallion seats, the only way you can get them is if you know someone who has them. Costs $5,000 for a season ticket and you have to buy 4 at a minimum, so it's only big businesses that use them. Level 1 is crap too. even when the seats are empty you're not supposed to let people sit there. For the North v Gold Coast game this year there was like 14,000 at the game and they still wouldn't open it up for General Admission. Even reserved seats on Level 3 are $55 or something, it's ridiculous.

Yeah, that bar is great. The Locker Room is hideous...it's about time they added a decent bar in a good spot.

gringo2011...is a GA tic $42 these days?

Not meant to be, I couldn't believe it, I think it was the AFLs dynamic ticketing thing. Apparently the Saints and Dogs the two worst gouger clubs.

Yeah Medallion club is really ordinary anyway. A couple of mates have corporate boxes and they are legitimately luxe but the medallion club is just like a fenced off area with an indoor bar and slightly less s**t seats. It's the worst value. Level one being constantly empty looks embarrassing on TV. they should do some kind of upgrade lottery. You have to be in at a certain time or they upgrade random seats to the middle tier or just make the whole level heaps cheaper and it will fill up. It would be better to have the stadium full that sell 1000 full price seats on an entire level.

Yeah Medallion club is really ordinary anyway. A couple of mates have corporate boxes and they are legitimately luxe but the medallion club is just like a fenced off area with an indoor bar and slightly less s**t seats. It's the worst value. Level one being constantly empty looks embarrassing on TV. they should do some kind of upgrade lottery. You have to be in at a certain time or they upgrade random seats to the middle tier or just make the whole level heaps cheaper and it will fill up. It would be better to have the stadium full that sell 1000 full price seats on an entire level.
At the MCG they have Level 1 General Admission. Of course it's twice the size of Etihad but it's ridiculous they don't have GA at Etihad. Only when they know it'll be a s**t crowd they make it aisles 2-4 or whatever GA and that's it

Great advice there nanganator.

Your our man on the spot!

As I think it was you or another poster said..........ticketmaster seem to only offer the most expensive reserved seats.....I wondered this when out of curiosity,I had a look at the pricing for seats for an upcoming home game earlier this year.

I was more than a little surprised at the high pricing.

This was confirmed mid year when a relo of my Mum came over from Adel with his daughter to watch a Saints game(an away game) and also met up with his son from Sydney.

At a get together the next day,I asked how much it cost for 3 seats after booking them from Adelaide.
I nearly fell out of my seat when he told me the cost for seats on level 3.....I said "you paid that much to watch us get flogged"

I said next time you come over for a home game.......we'll get you in with us(there's always spare seats around us) for no cost.

He then nearly fell out of his seat !!!!!

I will go out on a limb and say the saints direct to sell the dearer seats so they make more money. Ticketmaster don't make anymore money whatever seat is sold.

Then head down to the Gate 5 bar and bag a few froffies. That's what I do. Too easy!
That Gate 5 is fantastic.....always crowded....heaps of atmosphere and seating outside in the better weather.

I will go out on a limb and say the saints direct to sell the dearer seats so they make more money. Ticketmaster don't make anymore money whatever seat is sold.
Given our financial situation plugger66,they makes a lot of sense.

If so they obviously would want that to be kept quiet.

Very interesting what you say about Ticketmaster.......didn't know that.

I remember when we played at Waverley.......after a year or two of playing there,the club was selling reserved seats in the Grandstand behind the Member bays....at the time I thought "good luck with that one".

Don't know how successful that foray was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back