Game Day Second Preliminary Final vs Richmond 4:45PM @ the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Feels inevitably like the AFL version of the 300..
I think the guys will be up for it, it's not as though they rarely play in front of hostile crowds, though obviously not as large.

The teams match-up pretty well, should be a great game, but I'd happily settle for an awful game and a win :)

GIANTS!
eff21904c99218ac23203cf76f27ea22.gif

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

And so it comes, gameday. I'm surprisingly nervous and releived I dont have to watch on TV, which stresses me more. Eyeing off the rum wondering if it's a bit early and a lot of travelling to do. Thinking quiet nip or two.

Fingers crossed the guys come out pumped and put them and the crowd on the back foot.Tipping Toby to have a blinder and want to see as many forward 50 entries by foot as possible. If we do that we do that a lot we'll win.
It's the first final for the club at the home of footy and destiny beckons.

good luck today guys.

this will be the "close" prelim game which would favour your team. gws has been the best team in close games (same as dogs 2016). if thats the case back yourselves to win it if close, its prob your best shot at winning.

win this game and history says you wont lose to the team you lost in QF

And so it comes, gameday. I'm surprisingly nervous and releived I dont have to watch on TV, which stresses me more. Eyeing off the rum wondering if it's a bit early and a lot of travelling to do. Thinking quiet nip or two.

Fingers crossed the guys come out pumped and put them and the crowd on the back foot.Tipping Toby to have a blinder and want to see as many forward 50 entries by foot as possible. If we do that we do that a lot we'll win.
It's the first final for the club at the home of footy and destiny beckons.
Won't mind a few I50 by hand myself. Particularly where we are bursting out of the center!

Won't mind a few I50 by hand myself. Particularly where we are bursting out of the center!
I meant running with the ball in hand, I think we're on the same page. Scully, Whitfield, Shiel and Kelly determine our fate I think. We haven't really established outside dominance over the Tigers this year, but this is the day to do it.

I've heard that drainage on the ground is quite good at the G, but no one ever mentions the stands.
I suggest ALL Giants take gumboots to the game as I think the stands will be drenched with the tears of 95,000 people and that could run quite deep.
Stay dry Giants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back