Game Day Second Preliminary Final vs Richmond 4:45PM @ the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

If you don't me posting on your board...I thought your team was the better team in the first half. You guys produce great passages of football. So you have the skills. Ball movement was superb.
I don't think Lids did enough & Stevie J was a bit unlucky. He was dangerous but couldn't quite finish his work. The late bump by Grimes on Himmelburg should have been a 50m penalty. Lucky Himmelb. kicked straight. Losing Shiel was huge & Cotch deserved a suspension but Melbourne town is so psycho, and the Richmond fairy tale meant that if there was a shadow of doubt there is no way a key player is going to get rubbed out before the granny. The best thing would have been for Stevie J or Toby Greene to snot Cotch and even it up.
You have a great backline, great captain, your talls Patton & Lobbe played well. Another year of experience going deep in finals won't hurt
Respectful poster from all club denominations are welcome here mate.

I didn't think that Cotchin should have been suspended for the incident, he should have been fined, but because of the system we have, he would have been forced to miss. I prefer that he miss and there is some minimal outrage over that than have him rubbed out and have a week of outrage and a lifetime of if's and only's should the Tiger Train have been derailed without him on the park.

Yes and no.
Yes, the AFL is to blame.
No, if it was the other way round, the baying from 90,000 unhappy Tigers fans would have had a (slightly supported) Giants player rubbed out. It was fear of a massive media and supporter backlash that let Cotchin off. It's a conspiracy!!
Forget about using Toby as an example as he would've been out for 4 weeks.
Let's take Mummy. He'd have some prior. I bet he would've gone for sure.
It's too much to ask to have a fair game.
In this instance what do you guys think of having a sub? Only specifically for a player taken out.

In this instance what do you guys think of having a sub? Only specifically for a player taken out.

A left field solution could be that for every player in a team lost to concussion, the other team must also sacrifice a corresponding player!!

Cant see it working. In Dylan's case the MRP decided he wasn't taken out anyway. The umpires would have to pre-empt the MRP and possibly the tribunal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back