Seedsman gone?

Remove this Banner Ad

If all of your assumptions are correct they wouldn't but that is all they are.

Not sure I am making too many assumptions. All players sit down with the coach at the end of the year and have a review. There is little doubt that Bucks would have been pretty straightforward about how he rates Seedsman performance and what he thinks the future holds. Seedsman has requested a trade and the club have not said anything about wanting to keep him. What other assumptions am I making?

jman, there have ben a few players leave Collingwood. Seedsman is another one. Sure as heck they weren't all happy at Collingwood. What Seedsman, his manager or the club say publicly is self serving as it always is. The question as to why players want out is my biggest concern. It's an assumption that Seedsman does or does not like being a Collingwood player or that Buckley or Hine do or do not want him to be a Collingwood player.

jman, there have ben a few players leave Collingwood. Seedsman is another one. Sure as heck they weren't all happy at Collingwood. What Seedsman, his manager or the club say publicly is self serving as it always is. The question as to why players want out is my biggest concern. It's an assumption that Seedsman does or does not like being a Collingwood player or that Buckley or Hine do or do not want him to be a Collingwood player.

I'd say Seedsman wants out because he isn't in our best 22?

Pretty straight forward.

Maybe but again it is assumption.
In my view he is one of our best 22 players.
He played 12 games and missed some with injury so the club had him thereabouts at least.

I think he not only suffered because of his own injuries, but also injuries to guys like Ramsay. His best footy this year was earlier in the year when he was able to play more offensively without worrying about defence so much. Reckon wing or even high half forward is more his go.
I think you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned the defensive side of his game. I think what's happened is that Varcoe's outside ball movement and ability to be in the game when we haven't got the ball has highlighted possible deficiencies in Seedsman's game - not up to it when we haven't got it. That means its 18 taking on 17 and in today's game can't afford to carry anyone when playing defense.

Maybe but again it is assumption.
In my view he is one of our best 22 players.
He played 12 games and missed some with injury so the club had him thereabouts at least.

He was dropped like a sack of potatoes.

When he finally got his chance to return, he played one of the worst games I've ever seen against Carlton iirc.

He was dropped like a sack of potatoes.

When he finally got his chance to return, he played one of the worst games I've ever seen against Carlton iirc.
Lots of players get dropped in the first 4 years. Leon Davis got dropped from a GF in his 10th season. Witts got dropped this year and people seem to still rate him. Elliot probably had a similar season to Seedsman.

Lots of players get dropped in the first 4 years. Leon Davis got dropped from a GF in his 10th season. Witts got dropped this year and people seem to still rate him. Elliot probably had a similar season to Seedsman.

Difference is the amount of poor performances he had before he was dropped.

I don't rate Witts too high but then I don't rate myself too high either! I'd be happy for Witts to be traded for a high pick to Sydney or wherever (Mike Pike retired today).

Good luck seedO in 2016, thanks for the Anzacday memory's

The words "star" and "superstar" get thrown around very loosely these days!
Pendles is a star. Swanny is a star. Perhaps Cloke is too.
Seedsman is a fringe player with some very nice attributes (run-and-carry and long kicking) and some big deficiencies (winning contested ball, consistency, mental toughness). He is a very long way from being a star.
Probably about the same position as Dane swan was early in his career. Showed talent and potential and eventually it all clicked in to place and he became a superstar. Same will happen to seeds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mite have to be a bloody big flash bulb for seeds to click unfortunately. no denying the talent from me
just the desire and commitment to make it happen

The question as to why players want out is my biggest concern.

That is so unbelievably short-sighted - there isn't a club in the competition that doesn't have players who are dissatisfied with their current status in the team and their potential lack of future prospects. Heck even the reigning back-to-back-to-back premiers have a bloke wanting to leave to seek opportunities elsewhere (and Jed Anderson is a jet who is far, far above the level of blokes like Seedsman and Freeman by my reckoning).

Probably about the same position as Dane swan was early in his career. Showed talent and potential and eventually it all clicked in to place and he became a superstar. Same will happen to seeds
I like the seed, really do, but as i recall dane swan was at the cross roads, but i dont really remember one top game then quite a few av games. I just remember swan geing so so and then.... It all clicked

I like the seed, really do, but as i recall dane swan was at the cross roads, but i dont really remember one top game then quite a few av games. I just remember swan geing so so and then.... It all clicked
Different times. We don't have spots available in the best 22 anymore, there are more deserving players there. So he can be in the VFL until it clicks or somewhere else. Same goes for Freeman.

Different times. We don't have spots available in the best 22 anymore, there are more deserving players there. So he can be in the VFL until it clicks or somewhere else. Same goes for Freeman.
True true.
Its a shame we never saw freeman in action fully fit at senior level.
But thats how it goes.
Good luck to him, maybe st kilda will suit him better, a nice average club

True true.
Its a shame we never saw freeman in action fully fit at senior level.
But thats how it goes.
Good luck to him, maybe st kilda will suit him better, a nice average club
Maybe they will florish somewhere else. They had a chance and didn't took it. Sports is brutal sometimes. But if you want to win, you want players that are competitive . Didn’t get the feeling that was the case with either of them.

Maybe they will florish somewhere else. They had a chance and didn't took it. Sports is brutal sometimes. But if you want to win, you want players that are competitive . Didn’t get the feeling that was the case with either of them.
Certainly didn't get that from Freeman, if he was, would have signed for at least a year determined to work hard and break into the team.

Certainly didn't get that from Freeman, if he was, would have signed for at least a year determined to work hard and break into the team.
I know we can all say things after the event
But in do remember when both matthew S and nathan F first came to us and i heard them do the stuff on the website etc and i did think ok, Matthew is the smart measure professional one, and freeman well hes not the sharpest but maybe a bit of a boy who could mature.

I know we can all say things after the event
But in do remember when both matthew S and nathan F first came to us and i heard them do the stuff on the website etc and i did think ok, Matthew is the smart measure professional one, and freeman well hes not the sharpest but maybe a bit of a boy who could mature.
I remember the interview. The first impression I got from Freeman was 'flog'.

I think we will regret trading Seedsman.

He could have developed into the perfect wingman with a good preseason under his belt.

If it enables us to get both Treloar and Aish then it may be worth it though.

Poster over at Nick's seems pretty confident Seedsman will end up in Adelaide, probably at Port.

I would have sworn that would have been his least preferred option.

Straight swap for Young?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back