Seedsman gone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Seedy could do really well at a club that feeds him the ball (like hawthorn) but if he goes somewhere that plays contested ball....he'll be "meh"
Seedy has a lot of the "Burgoyne" silk without the Burgoyne grunt. If we have enough grunt to sustain 4-5 seedy's....then keep him. If that's not the kind of style we want to play....then Seedy's redundant.
Poor mans Shaun Burgoyne that's putting it politely. We'll be lucky to get pick 50 for him.

Not sure how to feel about this one, always liked the Seed, seemed like a good personality to have around the club.

He has the weapons to make it, pace and long kicking, however it's true, he has stagnated with us. I've always had a feeling that you wouldn't back him in in a final, has an element of softness about him.

Anyway a pick in the 20's, probably late 20's seems adequate. If we got GC's pick 22(?) I'd be wrapt, and in a shallow draft, they may offer it up..

Not sure how to feel about this one, always liked the Seed, seemed like a good personality to have around the club.

He has the weapons to make it, pace and long kicking, however it's true, he has stagnated with us. I've always had a feeling that you wouldn't back him in in a final, has an element of softness about him.

Anyway a pick in the 20's, probably late 20's seems adequate. If we got GC's pick 22(?) I'd be wrapt, and in a shallow draft, they may offer it up..
I would prefer a player for Seed. We need someone with meat on their bones.

I would prefer a player for Seed. We need someone with meat on their bones.
Nobody stands out to be honest. Probably don't want a mid if Treloar and Aish are coming. Someone like Matera maybe? Bloke called Ablett isn't bad as a small forward either.;)

Nobody stands out to be honest. Probably don't want a mid if Treloar and Aish are coming. Someone like Matera maybe? Bloke called Ablett isn't bad as a small forward either.;)

I'm sure Hine has his eye on someone that will be a complete shock to us.

if we let Seedsman go it will be the dumbest move the club has made since turning down Steve Johnson.
He will come good and be a superstar no doubt about it. Probably next year even.
Don't understand the hate for him he's had a rough trot with injuries but like Reid and brown will come good you better believe it.
Bring back Seeds.

if we let Seedsman go it will be the dumbest move the club has made since turning down Steve Johnson.
He will come good and be a superstar no doubt about it. Probably next year even.
Don't understand the hate for him he's had a rough trot with injuries but like Reid and brown will come good you better believe it.
Bring back Seeds.

He has everything going for him except hardness, which is kind of important in finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has everything going for him except hardness, which is kind of important in finals
That's what everyone said about Varcoe, look how his year turned out.
Seeds can turn it around and when he does he will be elite, hope we give him a bit more time.

Bring back Seeds.
I think he not only suffered because of his own injuries, but also injuries to guys like Ramsay. His best footy this year was earlier in the year when he was able to play more offensively without worrying about defence so much. Reckon wing or even high half forward is more his go.

I'm sure the tin crap shack that Gold Coast train is was super exciting when compared to the Westpac centre :rolleyes::rolleyes:
I'm sure he only looked at the ground, I don't think he is one for the weights room, so maybe the tin shack wasn't really an issue. And I must admit, it is a lovely looking ground and training up there in mid winter will be like being on holiday, which sadly suits his intensity.

Bring back Seeds.

Isn't it Seedsman who wants to be traded? Are we supposed to force him to stay?

Bring back Seeds.

The words "star" and "superstar" get thrown around very loosely these days!
Pendles is a star. Swanny is a star. Perhaps Cloke is too.
Seedsman is a fringe player with some very nice attributes (run-and-carry and long kicking) and some big deficiencies (winning contested ball, consistency, mental toughness). He is a very long way from being a star.

I'd prefer convince to force.

I would imagine a frank discussion took place between Bucks and Seedsman during his review, in which the expectations of the club were made clear. Seedsman has since let it be known that he is seeking a trade and the club appear to support this decision. Why would the club then try and convince him to stay?

I would imagine a frank discussion took place between Bucks and Seedsman during his review, in which the expectations of the club were made clear. Seedsman has since let it be known that he is seeking a trade and the club appear to support this decision. Why would the club then try and convince him to stay?
If all of your assumptions are correct they wouldn't but that is all they are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back