Rumour *Separated discussion* Board, Mick, Rogers, whiteanting, powerbrokers, competency or lack thereof

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm just concerned that while we seem to be getting the right people into place, the machinations behind the board driving private agenda's might wreck the club again.

While we have someone pulling strings behind the scenes, we could end up stuffed again at some point in the future.

As a whole, I'm fine with what we are doing at the moment and won't agitate against them based on who is there and what they might or might not do in future BUT reserve the right to assess them on how this all turns out AND whether a certain someone agitates AND who else they may choose to bring in to the fold.

I'm just concerned that while we seem to be getting the right people into place, the machinations behind the board driving private agenda's might wreck the club again.

While we have someone pulling strings behind the scenes, we could end up stuffed again at some point in the future.

Yes and a sound principle it may be, but you can't be this wealthy but wise benefactor spouting this rhetoric at us, still not helping us to recover and still staking your claim to special privilege in the club. Either/or ... please.

I think Mathieson had different ideas about our recruiting than the previous pres/CEO. He wasn't the only one there. MLG/Trigg and the board will be under watch. If the decision making reverts to the bad old ways, then there won't be the apathy displayed to them that there was to the previous incumbents.

As a whole, I'm fine with what we are doing at the moment and won't agitate against them based on who is there and what they might or might not do in future BUT reserve the right to assess them on how this all turns out AND whether a certain someone agitates AND who else they may choose to bring in to the fold.
At the point when the president of the club starts trying to make deals behind the scene and start telling the AFL to pull their head in... is the time when I will really start worrying.

I think Mathieson had different ideas about our recruiting than the previous pres/CEO. He wasn't the only one there. MLG/Trigg and the board will be under watch. If the decision making reverts to the bad old ways, then there won't be the apathy displayed to them that there was to the previous incumbents.
While Trigg is the CEO of the club and is politically unconnected within the club, MLG is firmly in the Mathieson camp in term of club politics.

While Trigg is the CEO of the club and is politically unconnected within the club, MLG is firmly in the Mathieson camp in term of club politics.

Yeah we all know that. I don't really have an issue with Bruce opening his trap if the club finally starts down the right path.

At the point when the president of the club starts trying to make deals behind the scene and start telling the AFL to pull their head in... is the time when I will really start worrying.

Jack was a caricature of himself by the end. Thought he was invincible and was brazen as all hell about it. You won't see the like again.

In fact you could have put his Rubbery Figures puppet in charge and barely noticed a difference.

Yeah we all know that. I don't really have an issue with Bruce opening his trap if the club finally starts down the right path.
I have a problem with him pulling the strings behind the scenes if the club starts going down the path of the later years of the Elliott era.

I do. It tells the rest of us that money buys influence and keeps us from making this a member's club which is what we should aim to be.

I have a problem with him pulling the strings behind the scenes if the club starts going down the path of the later years of the Elliott era.

Yeah, they won't have the popularity to head down the path of poor decision making.

I do. It tells the rest of us that money buys influence and keeps us from making this a member's club which is what we should aim to be.

Well the thing was, we weren't getting the job done and someone needed to shake the club up. That has happened and it seems positive. Every club has wealthy board members, getting the people in place to slowly chip away at becoming the utopian club is the most important thing for me.

Well the thing was, we weren't getting the job done and someone needed to shake the club up. That has happened and it seems positive.

I don't give Bruce credit for these changes. I believe the supporters voices were being heard loud and clear and Bruce was white noise and even though we shared some of the same concerns, we didn't like the fact that he was so indiscreet. If you are going to start giving Bruce credit, then he can also be added to the dissenters that saw Ratten sacked and Mick appointed. Works both ways. They need to stay out of it.

Every club has wealthy board members

Yeah but can you name them? I can't ... and that's the point.

I don't give Bruce credit for these changes. I believe the supporters voices were being heard loud and clear and Bruce was white noise and even though we shared some of the same concerns, we didn't like the fact that he was so indiscreet. If you are going to start giving Bruce credit, then he can also be added to the dissenters that saw Ratten sacked and Mick appointed. Works both ways. They need to stay out of it.

Yeah but can you name them? I can't ... and that's the point.

For whatever reason, the old recruiting network was extremely connected and left to bake its bread year after year. It failed. Mathieson got fed up and went media street. It was annoying at the time, but we've hardly heard boo from him since. I'm not giving Bruce credit, I'm giving it to MLG and Trigg for beginning proper process.

For whatever reason, the old recruiting network was extremely connected and left to bake its bread year after year. It failed. Mathieson got fed up and went media street. It was annoying at the time, but we've hardly heard boo from him since. I'm not giving Bruce credit, I'm giving it to MLG and Trigg for beginning proper process.
Mathieson didnt just go media street. He got his boy MLG to approach the hawks guy behind their back after bleating earlier in the year about our recruiting issues. However since the start of this year and the emergence of Cripps, he seems to have shut up.

Mathieson didnt just go media street. He got his boy MLG to approach the hawks guy behind their back after bleating earlier in the year about our recruiting issues. However since the start of this year and the emergence of Cripps, he seems to have shut up.

Maybe MLG felt the same way about needing a list manager? Sticks struck me us the puppet type. MLG seems strong enough to be his own man to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FromTheMLG.jpg

Dear Aph,

Our football club has recently undergone some exciting and necessary changes that we believe have put us in the best position to move forward. I’m writing to advise you of some further changes at Board level.

At the next Annual General Meeting we will put a resolution to our members to reduce the size of our Board from 10 members to eight. This follows the decision of Directors Ahmed Fahour and Raphael Geminder not to stand for re-election.

Both Directors will retire from the Board at the next AGM to focus on their own businesses: Ahmed Fahour is the Managing Director and CEO of Australia Post, while Raphael Geminder is the Executive Chairman of Pact Group.

Both Ahmed and Ruffy have been intrinsically involved in Carlton’s marketing sub-committee.Both are passionate Carlton people who have given their time and expertise to make our football club better.

Over the past 18 months, our Board has overseen the appointment of a new CEO, the return of Stephen Silvagni to head up list management and strategy, the restructure of our management team, and most recently, the appointment of our new coach Brendon Bolton, to take our team forward.

I would like to extend a sincere and heartfelt thank you to both men for their loyal service and the role they have played in Carlton’s renewal.

Furthermore, I can advise that Carlton Director and PwC CEO Luke Sayers will stand unopposed for re-election.

We will now refresh and reset our Board to ensure we have the best leadership structure in place at the top to take Carlton forward.

Details about the AGM will be communicated in the coming months.

In the meantime, I hope to see you at our final game of the season against Hawthorn at the MCG on Saturday.

It has been a challenging year, but we have now set the foundations upon which together we will build something special.

Regards,

logiudice_signature_png.png

Mark LoGiudice

President, Carlton FC

Underwhelming. No new faces. Nobody with presence. Nobody with new skills.

Not sure what the two departees did for our marketing. Geminder made some unauthorised youtube videos. Fahour probably mailed in some ideas but they got lost *boomtish* #OzPosthumour

Still, stability is there. Things are moving forward. Let them keep at it.

Underwhelming. No new faces. Nobody with presence. Nobody with new skills.

Not sure what the two departees did for our marketing. Geminder made some unauthorised youtube videos. Fahour probably mailed in some ideas but they got lost *boomtish* #OzPosthumour

Still, stability is there. Things are moving forward. Let them keep at it.
Geminder coming off is a positive.

But as you said, Trainor didn't return and we still have the likes of Clark, Gleeson, Pratt, Mathieson doing nothing.

Settle down Veruka.

We had one. He quit. All the best ones were contracted. We are bringing someone in this year. We were never getting someone to break a contract just before the season started.

We have Bolton now but we played out the year with Barker in charge. You're not stealing coaches or recruiters mid year.

It was said on this board early in the season that Brodie was coming from GWS. He has a wealth of experience. He just had to see out the year first.

Oh ok Mr Wonka.:$
I am prepared to wait for Brodie because the Club think he is the best Head Recruiter we will be able to get our hands on (particularly seeing as we couldn't get Hawthorn's). It still doesn't explain why we think it is a good idea to NOT have a Head Recruiter NOW in this most important draft with a new coach and all.

Are you suggesting we couldn't get anyone, even a temp from our recruiting network to step up? IMO it is much more likely that the Club has failed to give full credit to SOS's role as List Manager and is treating him as the temporary Head of Recruiting. It is a bit like appointing Murphy as Captain/Coach because, well, he is Captain anyway. That last worked, famously, in 1979, which is about how out of date we seem to be.

I am prepared to wait for Brodie because the Club think he is the best Head Recruiter we will be able to get our hands on (particularly seeing as we couldn't get Hawthorn's). It still doesn't explain why we think it is a good idea to NOT have a Head Recruiter NOW in this most important draft with a new coach and all.

Are you suggesting we couldn't get anyone, even a temp from our recruiting network to step up? IMO it is much more likely that the Club has failed to give full credit to SOS's role as List Manager and is treating him as the temporary Head of Recruiting. It is a bit like appointing Murphy as Captain/Coach because, well, he is Captain anyway. That last worked, famously, in 1979, which is about how out of date we seem to be.
For one trading and recruiting period, Carlton's recruiting manager is also the list manager, until the guy we are very pleased to have secured starts the job in a month or so.

Cool.

We done yet?

The recruiting manager reports to the list manager anyway under our new system.

We still have a recruiting team. Are you telling me you know the inner workings of the club enough to know that none of those recruiters have stepped up in any way to help SOS out? Our scouts and networks are in place. SOS just sits in instead of Rogers to help make our final list.

And no, getting some out of contract former recruiter to step in to the top job for a year is pointless. We've managed a bad situation quite well to date. I'm certainly not seeing any problems that have arisen, just people trying to create problems that may not be there.

Haven't we got enough known issues to be miserable about without surmising other problems exist?

For one trading and recruiting period, Carlton's recruiting manager is also the list manager, until the guy we are very pleased to have secured starts the job in a month or so.

Cool.

We done yet?
No. You're a good poster ShanDog but people are posting opinions as fact on this topic way too often on this topic when they're miles off the mark. I know Windhover's style can s**t people at times but he's on to something here. Kind of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back