Rumour *Separated discussion* Board, Mick, Rogers, whiteanting, powerbrokers, competency or lack thereof

Remove this Banner Ad

God these Rogers Groupies are embarrassing. The most embarrassing thing is they won't say anything....again and again. Content to act like insiders instead of just hangers on. Stop acting like your tiny "in" at the Club is remotely important or contingent to what will determine the Club's future.

Rogers really was a genius, just everything conspired against him. Everyone gets it.:rolleyes:

He is one of many who won't be missed.

Now a new dynamic is being tried. They might fail too. But we haven't got far left to fall.

What makes this forum enjoyable is allowing those that know football do discuss football............all that fluffy stuff is filler and doesn't belong on main boards. (no winks included)
From what I've read lately, you're our head recruiter. Why can't you just shed some light on it all so everyone can be done with it...

Carlton
GM - List Management and Strategy Stephen Silvagni
Recruiting Officer Glenn Elliott
Recruiting Officer Dale Harris
Recruiting Officer Michael Jordan

Let's just look at what some other clubs have in the way of list management and recruiting:

Hawthorn
Graham Wright - Recruiting and List Manager
Dale Bleach - Recruiting Manager Pro Scout
Mark McKenzie - Recruiting and Special Projects Manager
Geoff Morris - Recruiting Manager - West

GWS
Paul Brodie - Scout
Phil Scully - Scout

Collingwood
Derek Hine - General Manager of List Management
Matthew Rendell - Senior National Recruiting Assistant
Dominic Milesi - National Recruiting Assistant
Adam Shepard - National Recruiting Assistant

North
National Recruiting Manager Bryce Lewis
Recruiting Officer Andrew Carson
Recruiting Assistant Ben Birthisel

Essendon
Adrian Dodoro - List and Recruiting Manager
Merve Keane - Senior Recruiting Coordinator
Rob Forster-Knight - Recruiting Officer
Mark Micallef - Recruiting Analyst

Can't be stuffed looking through the rest, but we get the picture. It's not as though nobody else has a List Manager doubling as a Recruiting Manager and it's not as though we are running with a skeleton recruiting team.

Thanks for the research and it fairly supports your conclusion that the Club is not necessarily too badly off without a designated Head Recruiter.

That said, it seems that Hine and Rendell and perhaps Dodoro and Keane exemplify the division of labour between a List Manager and Head Recruiter that we will adopt one year after our rebuild begins in earnest, although one would need to know the position descriptions of each to be sure. And Hawthorn may not be a good comparator. It is a mature list and most of their action is list managing, topping up with mature players and recruiting fresh talent, though important, is largely after thought.

I guess my concern we might be one year too late will be tested by (a) whether, as is rumoured, we recruit in a whole heap of SOS favourites from GWS; and (b) if so, whether they become as underwhelming as Jaksch and Whiley have thus far. I dislike appearing to be clever after the event and that is why I raise these concerns now.

And what is the idea behind a reported 3 year deal for Kerridge? Why do we continue to offer permanency to fringe players at the cost of flexibility if they turn out to be duds? Presumably Kerridge thinks he is worth a spot in a starting 22. He won't get a better chance that with us and he should have the confidence to think a 1 year contract is all that he needs to prove it.

Mod Note: This thread is a breakaway discussion from the Bluemour discussion thread. I found an arbitrary start to the breakway so Blue For Life ... I'm blaming you.

There is always going to be rumors, innuendo, and speculation, and everyone has an opinion when it comes to most issues in life, but when referring to matters pertaining to the Carlton Football Club or any other sporting organization we can all have our own say and the fun begins. The truth is and all ways will be, we are kept in the dark, drip fed bull####, media speculation running rampant, whether it's the truth or not and yet the Carlton Football Club, with MLG coming out and saying we are going to be more fan friendly and be a transparent club. So can anyone tell really what the club has forecast for the now and the future. I for one as a long time supporter and member would appreciate some clarity and at least sold on hope with something tangible and not fed crap to keep us interested enough and with just enough hope. MM hijacked the club and didn't allow it to grow positively but instead ran his own agenda and made sure we always got bad publicity through the media etc. We now have our club back, looking to rebuild, on the lookout for a new head coach, need to keep sponsors happy and attract new ones and one really important issue is to get credibility back from the supporters and grow our membership base to some where around 60,000.
Not to be a pessimist as I love this club but where is the communication where is the transparency and where and when are we going to be a power house of the competition, the club I know and supported through the 70's and 80's that was arrogant and successful and other clubs feared playing us, players could only dream of getting picked up by the mighty Blues. This is what the powers that be should be doing, reconnecting with it supporters and members as without them, there is no Carlton. Get the Media department out and about and advertising and making noise, getting interest and positive feedback through media outlets, social media and creating excitement amongst supporters and members.
As I have previously stated, I run a gym in eastern suburbs and we are always looking at ways of improving our business as we understand without our members we are nothing. I can guarantee you that people in my position/ role would not even mix or talk to the members, out of a very strong membership base I know a good 65 to 75% of them, I know them by name and I am always on the gym floor talking and getting to know who is frequenting our business and ensuring our culture and reputation is the best it can be. One thing I also know is we always have lots to improve on, but by knowing our members they will give me the feedback good and bad.
Please Carlton reconnect with the members, we are not just revenue but are the lifeline of the club and just give us something that is the truth and that will get us enthusiastic and passionate again as actions speak volumes.
Here Here

I know this may come off somewhat sexist but women are a little smarter and somewhat more insightful than men.

Can't vouch for the individual but happy to give her a shot.

Female intuition Harker.

She certainly has an impressive resume

Intuition is good........bravado is passe.

true. how many possessions did she get in the 95 GF?

exactly why its about time we have gone outside the boys club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

behind Melbourne and doggies already

Far from confirmed, and ironically two of the least likely teams that can afford to expand football operations to include stand alone womens sides.

all depends on how big the womens comp is supposed to be at launch and whther its aligned to teams or BBL style new creations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back