State of Origin Series XVIII Round 2: South Australia v Vic Country @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

nfa4O7X.png

D1d5In3.png

SERIES XVIII - ROUND 2
SOUTH AUSTRALIA v VIC COUNTRY

{ Preview by damicky }
{ Preview not found }

LAST TIME
VIC COUNTRY
def
SOUTH AUSTRALIA

The last time these two sides met in State of Origin was an instant classic. Round 4 Series XVII at Bordertown Oval saw visitors Vic Country overturn a three quarter time deficit to overpower a wasteful South Australia by just a solitary point in an absolute thriller.

In Series XVIII, these two sides come into this clash with differing form in what shapes as yet another hard fought battle between these two modern day rivals. South Australia riding high after a come from behind last gasp win against the Allies on the road, while the Counts will be licking their wounds after going down in a blaze of glory in an old school shootout on their own patch against the all-conquering reigning champs WA.

ONES TO WATCH

VIC COUNTRY

Premiership stars Tigerturbulance, Robertio and Elton Johns Wig all had days out for Vic Country against the West, but the most outstanding performance from the Counts has to be that of the debutant and newly signed Warriors talent Ocha905 who racked up 29 touches and 2 majors in the best State of Origin debut since estibador.

Look it up.

SOUTH AUSTRALIA

While for the barrels, a 7 goal bag kicked by Rats skipper philreich on the lowly damicky going head to head against Allies spearhead The Filth Wizard was the standout, only rivalled by the incredible performance of vice captain por_please_ya and her herculean effort of 31 touches, 18 hitouts and a major in the ruck to give the croweaters ascendency in the middle and ultimately the chocolates. In cannoli form I'm sure.

Captains please have your teamsheets in by 11.59PM AEST Friday. Game day is this Sunday 9th July.

sausageroll manangatang

Last edited:

Oh, Adelaide Oval, real original here guys. What, is Victor Harbor too far away?
Kick a Vic although these aren’t real Victorians
At least we've seen Victoria as opposed to the Metrocities who complain when they have to travel to the next suburb over.

At least we've seen Victoria as opposed to the Metrocities who complain when they have to travel to the next suburb over.
You might have a point there...we do tend to term games at Marvel Stadium as interstate games, given how far away it is from the 'G.

Captains please have your teamsheets in by 12PM AEST Friday. Game day is this Sunday 9th July.
Can you confirm that teamsheets are due at lunch time tomorrow? On a work day?
If so, I'll need to do it tonight as I can't guarantee I'll be able to post it in the moring.

Can you confirm that teamsheets are due at lunch time tomorrow? On a work day?
If so, I'll need to do it tonight as I can't guarantee I'll be able to post it in the moring.
They were due tonight but thought I'd give myself a sleep in.

Fixed. Thanks roll

If SA wins this game we will have already equalled the total number of wins the Demons had in Season 35.

Let's get it done :thumbsu:
If SA wins this game, the opposition will be down for the count(s) in series 18.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:tearsofjoy:

Actually, I was genuinely thinking it might just be a typo seeing the deadline is actually during work time which I've never seen before.

But don't worry. I'll post it now :thumbsu:
Thank you. Twas a typo tho.

I'm half South Australian anyways, Mount Gambier always looks great in the summer.

Hey Ocha905 are you a mongrel as well or are you purebred Vic Country?

I'm half South Australian anyways, Mount Gambier always looks great in the summer.

Hey Ocha905 are you a mongrel as well or are you purebred Vic Country?
Depends how far back you go. I've grew up in Country Vic but Dad's side came from NSW and Mum's from Qld via SA. Chuck in Darwin and it makes for difficult family gatherings haha.

As an aside I'm going to give a shout out to Port Elliot bakery. One of the best I've come across.

I'll think of something mean to say about the Crow-eaters but it's too early/late.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone :)

I'm starting my day with a compliment for the Counts and who knows if that will turn into insults later.

Loved travelling through Vic with my partner. Yarra Valley 😍 We drove up to Cactus Country in Strathmerton three times (from Yarra Glen). Fantastic place. They featured it on MasterChef the other night.

nfa4O7X.png

D1d5In3.png

SERIES XVIII - ROUND 2
SOUTH AUSTRALIA v VIC COUNTRY

{ Preview by damicky }
{ Preview not found }

LAST TIME
VIC COUNTRY
def
SOUTH AUSTRALIA

The last time these two sides met in State of Origin was an instant classic. Round 4 Series XVII at Bordertown Oval saw visitors Vic Country overturn a three quarter time deficit to overpower a wasteful South Australia by just a solitary point in an absolute thriller.

In Series XVIII, these two sides come into this clash with differing form in what shapes as yet another hard fought battle between these two modern day rivals. South Australia riding high after a come from behind last gasp win against the Allies on the road, while the Counts will be licking their wounds after going down in a blaze of glory in an old school shootout on their own patch against the all-conquering reigning champs WA.

ONES TO WATCH

VIC COUNTRY

Premiership stars Tigerturbulance, Robertio and Elton Johns Wig all had days out for Vic Country against the West, but the most outstanding performance from the Counts has to be that of the debutant and newly signed Warriors talent Ocha905 who racked up 29 touches and 2 majors in the best State of Origin debut since estibador.

Look it up.

SOUTH AUSTRALIA

While for the barrels, a 7 goal bag kicked by Rats skipper philreich on the lowly damicky going head to head against Allies spearhead The Filth Wizard was the standout, only rivalled by the incredible performance of vice captain por_please_ya and her herculean effort of 31 touches, 18 hitouts and a major in the ruck to give the croweaters ascendency in the middle and ultimately the chocolates. In cannoli form I'm sure.

Captains please have your teamsheets in by 12AM AEST Friday. Game day is this Sunday 9th July.

sausageroll manangatang

Not my South nor yours, but… LONG LIVE THE SOUTH!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back