Seriously we were not THAT bad today

Remove this Banner Ad

30YearsOfPain

All Australian
Jul 31, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
It was close all day, we had more scoring shots, were very competitive and in reality Pav was the difference. Jack was injured early and looked very out of sorts after that. As a result our forward line was out of whack.

I thought that considering the conditions, we were pretty good. It just seemed that the conditions affected some of our players skills more than others.

Also Delidio was tagged out of the gme with an awesome tagging role by whathisname.

I think everyone is more disappointed than normal because we were "supposed" to win.

We will learn from this game.

It was close all day, we had more scoring shots, were very competitive and in reality Pav was the difference. Jack was injured early and looked very out of sorts after that. As a result our forward line was out of whack.

I thought that considering the conditions, we were pretty good. It just seemed that the conditions affected some of our players skills more than others.

Also Delidio was tagged out of the gme with an awesome tagging role by whathisname.

I think everyone is more disappointed than normal because we were "supposed" to win.

We were utter rubbish today. No need to sugarcoat. Second to the ball, no hardness in the packs, poor disposal, poor decision making, too many passengers, no plan B. Rubbish.

While it was far from our only issue, we were back to having no semblance of a functioning forward line... for me it's no co-incidence that we have looked better and better as Jack has got some confidence back in his body. Effectively losing him before quarter time today really hurt us. Vickery is never going to take a game apart off his own boot... at this stage of his career the best we can hope for is for him to be a handy foil to the #1 forward (and do a bit of ruck work), and today he was barely that.

Just cannot believe we didn't sub JR out. Watching the last qtr replay, he can't get to contests, can't jump, can't run. Surely subbing him off, and switching Griffiths forward would've given us a better chance of kicking a few goals? Mind boggling stuff.

Worst game we have played by far for the year, fell over, dropped every ball, fumbled every ball, let Freo play extra men behind the ball all day. I'm over it, Freo play a blinder every now and then and today was it.Get your kitchen sink on whoever play Freo next.

Jack was injured early and looked very out of sorts after that. As a result our forward line was out of whack.

Sandilands went down early and they were forced to sub at that time. Didnt get the advantage of bringing him on later in the game. Should have played into Marics hands.

Conditions that should have been advantageous to us being the Melbourne team.

We need to win games with Delidio not being at all effective.

More because we seem to always drop a game when expectations are up. The distant smell of finals does funny things to our club. We are more chance when we look out of contention.

Looking forward to our next test against the Crows. GWS isnt really the game I want next. Waste of kick up the arse. Will win by eighty and players will feel like stars again.

We were mauled and physically worked over...every time their was a ball to be contested for...

And when we had the ball we were ordinary with our use...shite really...

We just were'nt smart enough...experienced enough...tough enough to come up with a Plan B to overcome the wet conditions...Freo/Lyons contested game plan...and/or make the umpires impartial...

We are still babies...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newsflash:Young inconsistent team has off week.

***UN in shock, EU issues warnings of imminent media bans, US threatens coaching staff.***

Read more on the BF Richmond board all week.

When we lose there are only a limited amount of positives, like O'Hanlon and Cotchin. Why did we lose today? We had no enthusiasm. We had no concentration at all. We were not working as a team. What changed this? The game against St Kilda. That was a dirty brand of football with the fast passage of plays throughout the game which meant loads of turnovers, that mirrored todays performance and if we don't do something about it we're going to lose more, if we have no chance of going into the finals we should just tank and take our top 5 pick.
IF we are desperate and want to play for each other we need to be good in all conditions - wet, dry, humid and each and every single player should never think of the word 'surrender'. I expect every player to give it their all and put their head over the ball in suitable situations.
If we lose to GWS we should just start pre-season early.
I am still pondering why the lack of sprays from Dimma. We aren't a young side anymore where there can only be positives, if players aren't performing we need to drop them, not because they're important in our structures. Vickery, he is supposedly holding the structure of the forward line together but when he was gone we won anyways, when he came back in it made no difference. Yet he still contributed nothing.

Cool it lads. We'll be 6 and 6 after the next game and coming back to the G.

Its actually a good time to have a loss. keeps the lid on the tigermania that would have bubbled through the bye and keeps the boys grounded and gives the coach a lot to work on.

Cool it lads. We'll be 6 and 6 after the next game and coming back to the G.

Its actually a good time to have a loss. keeps the lid on the tigermania that would have bubbled through the bye and keeps the boys grounded and gives the coach a lot to work on.

No. We will be 6-6 and playing Adelaide at AAMI stadium.

I actually agree - Freo seemed to just have a slight edge on us all day. To our credit we fought it out for 4 qtrs;
there were a couple of clangers/turnovers across half back by us, and inability to convert from our inside 50s but, other than that (watching the game on TV) it looked an even contest.

I think Ross Lyon's gonads were on the wall though.
Just imagine the pressure he was under in a 2 team town?

Both teams on 20 points.
They had us much to play for as us and Lyon relishes these games when he is under the pump and everyone writes him off.

I thought we just couldn't adapt to his gamestyle.
But we will learn from it.

quote="1980GFVideo, post: 24495480, member: 10919"]

Conditions that should have been advantageous to us being the Melbourne team.

.[/quote]
Cannot agree with that- they had much bigger and older body types. Look at who won them the game aside from Pav- Mundy, Barlow, De Boer. Geez, behind Cotch, there was only really Tucky and look at his body type!! Oh, and Edwards was good too.

You are not wrong- he was in a filthy mood before and during the presser apparently
was just replying to someone that why did he not spay the team i did not quote them yes i am sure he was as i did not watch it or see it i don't know but i like Dimma alway have i read the article on Brett Deledio and what he said about Dimma and he is spot on , he will bat for his players if he see's a wrong done to them just like AC and he will spray them when needed just like AC

I am still pondering why the lack of sprays from Dimma. .

this is what i responded too , yes maybe he was filthy at the press conference as i said i did not see it as i was out at the time anyway better luck next week hope you win

"Spay" them? Whilst I think de-sexing the team after a disappointing loss would be of some motivational value, I'm pretty sure the AFLPA enacted some legislation about that after the post-1970 Grand Final incident involving Bob Rose and a pair of shears.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back