Official Match Thread SFA S14 Round 11 - Fighting Furies vs West Coast Wonders at Punt Road

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams due in by Friday 9:00pm
Game to be played on Monday

After a loss last week to the Demons, the Furies will be looking to improve their 5-5 record to 6-5. The furies are 5 points ahead of the Wonders and are safe inside the top 4 for another week, but won't want to be relying on that.

The Wonders could have some sore bodies coming into the match after their physical encounter against the top of the ladder Dragons last week. The Wonders will be looking to move within striking distance of the top 4 with a win here this week, and a percentage boost would help them out come finals time.

Players to Watch

Fighting Furies: fightingfury88 is in the top few players in the league for total kicks, his run and carry will be important if the Furies are to feed the ball to their full forward Fumbles.
Fumbles has had an inaccurate season, which is the norm for full forwards league wide. He'll be looking to better his goal tally.

West Coast Wonders: ShaunDuggan averages around 5 marks a game and is a vital part of the Wonders set up. Duggan has made the wing his own in recent seasons and is an experienced finals player and knows how to rise to the occasion.
Tim Saints added another string to his bow last week playing full back on F.Mcveigh and doing it well, but the Wonders will need him firing in the engine room if they are to take the 4 points.​

Looking for a big performance from myself after a hefty absence due to various personal reasons. However, the Furies should be able to account for the Blunders comfortably.

Looking for a big performance from myself after a hefty absence due to various personal reasons. However, the Furies should be able to account for the Blunders comfortably.
Unlikely the Furries can even count to 10 (most can as they still have all their digits on their hands), let alone account for the mighty Wonders squad!

Unlikely the Furries can even count to 10 (most can as they still have all their digits on their hands), let alone account for the mighty Wonders squad!

I can count to 19, don't forget we have toes as well.

I sometimes get stuck at four but can usually figure it out after a while. :D

where is Juggs?

This pleases me :thumbsu:

Never fear, I'm sure he will be here soon enough to enjoy our match thread.

If we are both on a W:L pattern of wlwlwl I am almost certain one of us will manage to uphold our predictable fortunes.

Dear FF88

I am looking forward to a week with you. You are often underrated as a poster but rest assured the Fightingfury88 fan club is thriving... Sort of.

Why don't you take some time to tell us more about yourself. If you find this hard let me know and I will either make my own dossier of you based on my assumptions of who you are OR you can fill in an official WSG survey.

Let me know.

Your Pal,

Wise Guy Sam.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear FF88

I am looking forward to a week with you. You are often underrated as a poster but rest assured the Fightingfury88 fan club is thriving... Sort of.

Why don't you take some time to tell us more about yourself. If you find this hard let me know and I will either make my own dossier of you based on my assumptions of who you are OR you can fill in an official WSG survey.

Let me know.

Your Pal,

Wise Guy Sam.

Well, well, well, if it isn't Wise Guy Sam.

It's been too long since our last encounter. I am pleased and somewhat surprised to hear that I now have a fan club consisting of you and a couple of my cousins who didn't really know what they were signing up for. If any more are added soon then I may just have to start organising a newsletter to send to the members, keeping them updated with my ongoings. Of course this would require a personal secretary as there is no way in hell I can be bothered to do something like that.

I'm not a big fan of surveys so the assumptions will have to do. It's more fun that way anyway.

I can count to 19, don't forget we have toes as well.
You are one of the smart ones!
My condolences on the missing finger or toe.

You are one of the smart ones!
My condolences on the missing finger or toe.

Thanks. I lost my toe in round 7 because of leather poisoning. However all was not lost (well except my toe), as most of my kicks went to fumbles for his 2 goals 12 and a furies win*

*Not sure if we won round 7, I am not good with numbers

Our win vs Stinking Furies will coincide with my Full Time return. Mark my words, you WILL be beaten and there is nothing you lot can do about that :mad:

It's time the Wonders played the footy we know we can play, the footy that drove the club to the Premiership last season. Form is temporary, Class is permanent.

It's clear the Furies are playing above their batting average, it's time we knock them off early and show them what real football is all about. Side by side we Wonders will never give up going back to back.

Funny thing is I am actually missing half a finger.

Dropped a spray unit on it.

True story.

What is a spray unit? And can you now only count to 19.5?

Wonders a shoe-in for this match-up...in fact, I'm going to lay the Furies on Betfair now at $5 :thumbsu:

Well, well, well, if it isn't Wise Guy Sam.

It's been too long since our last encounter. I am pleased and somewhat surprised to hear that I now have a fan club consisting of you and a couple of my cousins who didn't really know what they were signing up for. If any more are added soon then I may just have to start organising a newsletter to send to the members, keeping them updated with my ongoings. Of course this would require a personal secretary as there is no way in hell I can be bothered to do something like that.

I'm not a big fan of surveys so the assumptions will have to do. It's more fun that way anyway.

I would love a bi-monthly publication to look forward to :thumbsu:

I'm pretty sure SKM could be your secretary, you just know he will complete the job at hand.

And because you are some sort of freak that dislikes surveys (wtf!) I'll start my assuming throughout the week and start divulging your so called life to all who will listen.

BILC,

You can expect your member pack in 4-10 working day's. I hope you wear your official Fightingfury88 fan club lanyard with pride.

Note how I'll let any fan join, not just Richmond fans....

Can any of you guys seriously tell me the tradition behind keeping the Furies as a 'purebred' club, so to speak? The origin tale if you will.

Curious as you seem to be a 'less active' club but recruiting quality must be difficult when you have a much smaller pool to recruit from. Have you ever let a 'mudblood' join?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back