SFL Div 2 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Oakleigh having their 4 best players out, and only being beaten by 3 points, would you say they may have got more out of the game despite not getting the 4 points? Sounds like a good game.

Both teams had players out, Was a ripping first quarter by Clayton, and Districts kept coming at em all day great second half of footy.
You mention they had 4 of their best out ? will 4 of their best return ?:cool:

With Oakleigh having their 4 best players out, and only being beaten by 3 points, would you say they may have got more out of the game despite not getting the 4 points? Sounds like a good game.

Todays game was a great game of football between the oaks and clays...At the end of the game though I believe that the Clays were the better side...we had a cracking first quater, and although dropped off after that, still remained in front.

oh and by the way, Kreskas was down today as well to support his teammates!!

Todays game was a great game of football between the oaks and clays...At the end of the game though I believe that the Clays were the better side...we had a cracking first quater, and although dropped off after that, still remained in front.

oh and by the way, Kreskas was down today as well to support his teammates!!

Also supercoachs nev and m allen were there spying;) at the clays huddle *******:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Ok lets get a few things straight right now, there were one or two people who had their own grog and they were told to cut it out but im sure it happens at every ground that there are some people that will sneak their own stuff in.
Now for the rest of us that were there and grabbed quite a few raffle tickets and grog and food im surprised that Caufield even felt the need to cry about it as when i was in their bar after the game there was 10 or 12 Clayton players and supporters and about 6 Caufield players which was pretty disgracefull, but at the end of the day if their not happy then there is no need for them to stay around after the return game at the end of the year.
Maybe they ned to look long and hard in their own back yard before having a crack at another club in a footy record....poor form but hey what do you expect..:cool::cool:

hi homer did you win the raffle ???

Have I been living under a rock or hasnt it been mentioned yet. Fermanis has put in for a clearance from Oakleigh Districts. Does anyone know anything about this. Good game between OD & Clayton on Sunday. Skye were very ordinary on Saturday. Black Rock outplayed them in the second half. Going to be a tight run to finals for 2nd to 6th.

Have I been living under a rock or hasnt it been mentioned yet. Fermanis has put in for a clearance from Oakleigh Districts. Does anyone know anything about this. Good game between OD & Clayton on Sunday. Skye were very ordinary on Saturday. Black Rock outplayed them in the second half. Going to be a tight run to finals for 2nd to 6th.

Watch out here comes the Yarra boys now the dust has settled.
they got of to a poor start to the season because of one peanut that is no longer at the Club.
Now they are back big time Watch out because super coach is excited again....

Off to St Albans i heard, realised that OD was'nt going to win the flag so wants out :D:D

Watch out here comes the Yarra boys now the dust has settled.
they got of to a poor start to the season because of one peanut that is no longer at the Club.
Now they are back big time Watch out because super coach is excited again....

Saturday 5th June, Highett 10.8.68 to South Yarra "4.2.26"

See now i would think that the one bloke that had the sense to get out is the smart one and maybe he left the Peanuts there !:cool:

I'm probably silly for responding and I could possibly create more angst on this forum but oh well here goes. I was a player at Hampton when Mick Allen was senior coach and I can assure everyone that he was not to blame for the disastrous season. Hampton started an U18 team that season and as Senior coach Mick Allen allowed that team to develop. I'm sure he felt the pressures to select the kids and use them as a short term fix but he remained strong and allowed them to develop into a wonderful team and for that I have no doubt all those boys are extremely appreciative. Hampton endured a tough season but they have come out of it better for it. They have fielded a Colts team for 3 consecutive seasons and now are alligned with East Sandringham. Credit must go to Ian Dougherty, Brad Timms, Geoff Gill but some credit must also go to Mick Allen as he was part of that process.

FYI - We did have a few out, including Jones and Zarra, no an excuses for the performance we were in the game until 3qtr time and played ordinary in the last and discipline was not great (50mtr pens x 5), full credit to South Yarra they were better on the day and deserved to win, Beena with some work to do starting this week against Ashwood, time to snap out of this run and back to business.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was not debating on whether he was a great coach or not - I was stating that he was not to blame for the poor season Hampton endured.

I have found Mick to be a good bloke, passionate about football and committed - what more do you want out of an assistant. You are kidding if other clubs wouldn't use his services. Have you seen the standard of assistants and reserves coaches in Div 2 & 3 football over the past 10 seasons - the majority are ferals and spend the majority of the game abusing opposition players and umpires. Get fair dinkum here the comp is stuck in a time warp when it comes to reserves coaches/assistants. Coaching isn't about abusing players/umpires, it's not about barracking, it's about process and ensuring that team rules are adhered to. I have been involved in a club and over a period of 10 seasons several reserves coaches failed to turn up on Tuesday and sometimes only turned up for selection on a Thursday. I bet Mick Allen is at both sessions, on time everytime and would help in anyway he possibly could.
I'd quite happily have a person who I could rely on, knowing he is willing to learn, who will embrace senior coaches disciplines and will do everything in his power to ensure the club would improve. I bet 3/4 of clubs in Division 2 still do circle work at training - Come on get with the times

Think you'll find the yarra 2's team has changed by about 75%, Only 5 blokes from last season played on the weekend.They have lost most of there players from the 2008 premiership side and there top 5 players have been injured most the season its almost basically a 3rd's side. They also have a number of blokes playing there 1st year if footy.

I was not debating on whether he was a great coach or not - I was stating that he was not to blame for the poor season Hampton endured.

I have found Mick to be a good bloke, passionate about football and committed - what more do you want out of an assistant. You are kidding if other clubs wouldn't use his services. Have you seen the standard of assistants and reserves coaches in Div 2 & 3 football over the past 10 seasons - the majority are ferals and spend the majority of the game abusing opposition players and umpires. Get fair dinkum here the comp is stuck in a time warp when it comes to reserves coaches/assistants. Coaching isn't about abusing players/umpires, it's not about barracking, it's about process and ensuring that team rules are adhered to. I have been involved in a club and over a period of 10 seasons several reserves coaches failed to turn up on Tuesday and sometimes only turned up for selection on a Thursday. I bet Mick Allen is at both sessions, on time everytime and would help in anyway he possibly could.
I'd quite happily have a person who I could rely on, knowing he is willing to learn, who will embrace senior coaches disciplines and will do everything in his power to ensure the club would improve. I bet 3/4 of clubs in Division 2 still do circle work at training - Come on get with the times
You must be mighty mick himself pumping his own tyres up

You must be mighty mick himself pumping his own tyres up

I'm certainly not mate. As stated I had played at one club for 10 seasons and was a player at the time Mick Allen coached Hampton. I'm sure I will be ousted on this forum but to be honest I don't care. I'm being honest and I wont use this forum to ridicule a particular person or hide behind a screen.

I'm certainly not mate. As stated I had played at one club for 10 seasons and was a player at the time Mick Allen coached Hampton. I'm sure I will be ousted on this forum but to be honest I don't care. I'm being honest and I wont use this forum to ridicule a particular person or hide behind a screen.

you wont ridicule a particular person but you have no qualms
in ridiculing a group of coaches /assistants but you are hiding :eek:

Would you prefer me to defame/oust certain individuals ? I perhaps shouldn't have made that particular comment. I'm sure there are quality assistants/reserves coaches out there but I do feel this is an area that needs improvement in Division 2 & 3. From my perspective I'd rather have someone who isn't as knowledgeable but has good attitude and a quality person rather than someone who carries on like an idiot.

Would you prefer me to defame/oust certain individuals ? I perhaps shouldn't have made that particular comment. I'm sure there are quality assistants/reserves coaches out there but I do feel this is an area that needs improvement in Division 2 & 3. From my perspective I'd rather have someone who isn't as knowledgeable but has good attitude and a quality person rather than someone who carries on like an idiot.

I think maybe its time you pull your head in and talk footy..
You come across as a sad individual that has been bagged on here from your so called mates....

Whats the problem with OD they seem to have hit a deadend?
I am tipping they will miss the top 3

Suggestion

Can I make a suggestion. Let's make a new Div 2 thread and ban any talk about Kreskas and Allen. That way kreskas won't be able to talk to himself with all his aliases and the yarra boys won't be able to bag him. Maybe then it would be more focussed on actual football. If you read the div 1 thread, there is a massive difference in the quality.

Re: Suggestion

Can I make a suggestion. Let's make a new Div 2 thread and ban any talk about Kreskas and Allen. That way kreskas won't be able to talk to himself with all his aliases and the yarra boys won't be able to bag him. Maybe then it would be more focussed on actual football. If you read the div 1 thread, there is a massive difference in the quality.

Can i make point the yarra boys are impersonating him and make out there him with all these aliases all this focus on him is from nev and his bandits THEY need TOOOOOOOOOOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE OOOOONNNNNNNNNN he is no longer apart of your pathetic club .

Can i make point the yarra boys are impersonating him and make out there him with all these aliases all this focus on him is from nev and his bandits THEY need TOOOOOOOOOOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE OOOOONNNNNNNNNN he is no longer apart of your pathetic club .

Ok RK:D

How many weeks till Robert Kreskas returns? Will he be back for July 17th against Sth Yarra? Are Clayton beatable from this point on? What has improved at Clayton this year because they were Shouse in Div1 last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back