SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

You also see a lot of games that look competitive on results are in fact not quite as good a spectacle as it appears. Teams like Sandown, Ashwood, South Yarra that have no standout players, they know their limitations and drag the better sides down to their standard, albeit a great tactic but not really worthy of watching. It happens in the other divisions also with the likes of Highett and Caulfield, Chelsea Heights Caulfield and East Malvern. These sides rarely cop a huge thumping, they just drag their opponents down. I for one, would much prefer sides with that better level of talent go head to head in a skilful display of football. And that's what this league lacks. I would encourage the league to go for a 2 up 2 down regulation process. That would even the comp up a lot quicker and you would see the distinct levels of football between the divisions.
Not sure if your taking the pi$$ or are legitimately *ed...
We (Sandown) drag teams down to our level??? Have you been to any of our games or watched us play??? If so, make sure you come introduce yourself to me instead of hiding behind an alias.
No players worthy of playing higher grade football??? Interesting, we have 3 players that played senior football at Cranbourne, 3 players that played senior football at East Malvern, 1 played senior football at Hastings and myself played 2 years at Cheltenham, 1 season at Altona and played in the gippsland league before that 90% of the time in the seniors...
4-5 of our players were asked by Cranbourne to go play with them, so to say we have no standouts...

I've watched Sandown 5 times actually in the past 2 years, maybe it's because I watched 2 against Mount and 1 against CPL. And yes I am serious, there isn't a player that stands out in terms of ability, maybe those players mentioned could play 2's at those sides you mentioned, but certainly wouldn't make a difference in any 1's side.
I don't know who you are, don't really care to be honest, but you do have a lot to say about yourself.

I've watched Sandown 5 times actually in the past 2 years, maybe it's because I watched 2 against Mount and 1 against CPL. And yes I am serious, there isn't a player that stands out in terms of ability, maybe those players mentioned could play 2's at those sides you mentioned, but certainly wouldn't make a difference in any 1's side.
I don't know who you are, don't really care to be honest, but you do have a lot to say about yourself.
Read the post smart ar$e, I said all
Above players played SENIOR football at them clubs.
Please come down to the game tomorrow so we can formally introduce each other... I'm just a scrawny midfielder with blonde hair, don't be shy...
First you come on here and make all these accusations about mount and how they will be heading off to the EFL etc, now this...

haha, I decided to look back upon your posts to figure out who you are seeing as though you like to talk yourself up. And you surprise me, scrawny isn't too far off the mark. A skinny bloke with definition is like a fat chick with boobs, it's irrelevant. The 1980's haircut you are rocking at the moment though takes the attention of your body, so good option there.
I might actually come down tomorrow, depending how the Dingley v St Pauls game goes. Happy to come introduce myself. Will you be the guy running around in a singlet in -5 degree weather?
My tip for tomorrow for what it's worth, Mount by 14 goals.
My statements about Mount were factual, but what am I stating here? I am merely adding my opinion about the lack of talented footballers in division 3 outside of the top 3 sides. You try and pump your own tyres up, whereas the players who I was referring to, DO NOT need to pump their own tyres up. They have the runs on the board. YOU DO NOT!

I'm defending my club and my players you knob, as stated, I don't need to hide behind an alias... You could just come out right now and let everyone know who you are... You must be a very fashionable and body conscious person with opinions and fashion statements like that. I'm proud of my club and the 21 boys I run onto the field with each and every week. You must be some washed up player who has nothing better to do then to take potshots at blokes having a crack every week...

BFC your comments are merely an opinion obviously based upon little fact, you do not make a lot of sense, having a go at Daniel is unfair. He has a crack and is an excellent club person who has done a lot for Sandown along with the many that have built that club up after a few rocky years. They are very competitive and are a hard team to knock off, they offer great hospitality at their ground and always stick around at away matches. Clubs like Sandown are the very fabric of community footy. I am not a Cobra supporter but definitely an admirer.

BFC your comments are merely an opinion obviously based upon little fact, you do not make a lot of sense, having a go at Daniel is unfair. He has a crack and is an excellent club person who has done a lot for Sandown along with the many that have built that club up after a few rocky years. They are very competitive and are a hard team to knock off, they offer great hospitality at their ground and always stick around at away matches. Clubs like Sandown are the very fabric of community footy. I am not a Cobra supporter but definitely an admirer.
Mate, nicest thing anyone has ever said about me in the footy community! Cheers :)

Unfortunately the clubs in div 3 don't have a bottomless pit of money to attract volumes of better players.... Which in some ways is a good thing because majority of blokes are playing for the enjoyment/social/competition aspect of a footy club, something that is very underrated in my opinion . Div three clubs don't have the same income as country clubs who get gate money, community backed, they are often relying on the players to attend functions and put money back into the club to assist in fundraising.... Which again is something I consider a massive positive because it puts the enjoyment back into playing and being a part of a club. Guess what I'm trying to get across is, yes it is s**t footy, even the top sides have at least half a dozen players in first 18 that would struggle to get a game in any other league but at the same time it's a level of footy that is enjoyable to play and having played with plenty of mercenaries in my time the club environment is as good as u will get without the bull s**t politics of bringing in players only playing there for the cash!

Unfortunately the clubs in div 3 don't have a bottomless pit of money to attract volumes of better players.... Which in some ways is a good thing because majority of blokes are playing for the enjoyment/social/competition aspect of a footy club, something that is very underrated in my opinion . Div three clubs don't have the same income as country clubs who get gate money, community backed, they are often relying on the players to attend functions and put money back into the club to assist in fundraising.... Which again is something I consider a massive positive because it puts the enjoyment back into playing and being a part of a club. Guess what I'm trying to get across is, yes it is s**t footy, even the top sides have at least half a dozen players in first 18 that would struggle to get a game in any other league but at the same time it's a level of footy that is enjoyable to play and having played with plenty of mercenaries in my time the club environment is as good as u will get without the bull s**t politics of bringing in players only playing there for the cash!

Wilkin is one of the best players in the comp, top ruck man, yet they utilise him in the backline... I'm far from Wilkin's level, but I'll have a crack...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't this board getting a little more interesting, but further to the worst league in Victoria

Omeo and District league has 6 teams. 16 a side football, no reserves. The teams are filled from 15year olds to 45 year olds. Would be equivalent to SFL Thirds

Wilkin is one of the best players in the comp, top ruck man, yet they utilise him in the backline... I'm far from Wilkin's level, but I'll have a crack...
don't you worry about the big guy in Gough running through you from behind? You're not quite as big as wilkin are you? But then again, is he as big as you?

A bit of hostility here behind the keyboard. Who would you say is the best team at sledging on field in Div 3. I'l say Lyndale and Mt Waverley got a few chirpy guys as well. Any one else?

Gough is a massive unit, if I need to stand under it I will... I know that my team mates will let me know... Doesn't matter who you are or how big you are, a 140kg bloke coming to you at speed is gonna cause some damage...
Yeah Wilkin would have a good halva foot on me... Plus he can bloody jump!!!

A bit of hostility here behind the keyboard. Who would you say is the best team at sledging on field in Div 3. I'l say Lyndale and Mt Waverley got a few chirpy guys as well. Any one else?
Endeavour hills supporters can get quite chirpy!
But its all in good fun...

Southern Football League is definitely the worst standard of football in Victoria. The top 3, maybe 4 sides have some quality about them, Mount have a few that are obvious, likewise with CPL (they also have a few who are well past their best but they continue to stand out in this competition proving the point), black rock have 2 maybe 3 quality players, lyndale no real standouts but a couple of mid range players, and the rest of the teams have no players that you would expect would get games in other competitions. lets be honest here, southern is the worst comp in Victoria, and division 3 is the bottom division of that comp. it is a long way off. in saying that, I still enjoy watching the battles between certain teams in all divisions of sfl. it is the contest and the rivalries that are enticing, not the skill level or apparent lack of it.

Jordy Cellini from South Yarra will be top 5 league b&f this year, if not the winner...would get a game anywhere in Melbs just about

So long as everyone sticks around for a beer after the game no probs with sledge.... Far more disrespectful when a team plays host to another team and hardly any and in extreme cases none stick around afterwards.... Clubs in div 3 rely so heavily on revenue from home games, it's much more insulting to not support the host post game than any sledge on the ground in my opinion.

I think gough and dunn from mount waverley are the worst sledgers in the comp personally!
Although his words don't hurt as much as him running through you would

Jordy Cellini from South Yarra will be top 5 league b&f this year, if not the winner...would get a game anywhere in Melbs just about
Gotta win plenty of games to get votes. I don't know if he would sneak in if they have only won that many games. Also yeah iv heard some of the rubbish that came from mount on the weekend, it was pathetic. I guess those guys can sledge a bit more when they let their footy do the talking.

Can anyone explain how gough has kicked so many goals? Everytime I've seen mount play he has barely got a touch!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back