Multiplat Shadow of Mordor

Remove this Banner Ad

holy crap this game has interactivity!

I got a vengeance mission from fresh PK.

looked at the stats punk bitch is only level 8 weak to everything so i charge in..........
the SOB throws a poison spear sends me straight to my knee's i miss the QTE and die!

possible the most humiliating death of all time.

How do you kill veteran captains?
There's this 1 who'sdriving me insane.
He killed me once, fine.
He killed me twice, fine.
I check his strengths/weaknesses.

He's invulnerable to sword, sword finishers and ranged.
His weakness is instant stealth kill.

So I set up a trap, I get a stealth kill. All good and dandy.

He comes back for another attack.
Kills me a third time.

I get another shot at him and kill him via stealth.

He comes back AGAIN. I get trapped into a 3 captain vs 1 and another killed me.

I see a 'ambush' mission on the guy. I let the uruks try and kill him, they get him to enraged point and he'd keep fighting. The last uruk is there. So I go in but he's still too strong to get the 'intel' thing on him.

Another captain has come back once or twice too.

Both veteran captains. How in gods name do you kill these things?????

I have the complete opposite! I kept getting this guy called dosherat coming back, scared of fire i killed him so many times that he was burnt horribly, had one eye, horrible scar's over his body (a ""gift from my carragor)

I beheaded tonight so does this mean he's gone? i'm kinda sad he was so very lame, like a cartoon villain that thinks he's a bad arse and the hero basically one shots him every time!

Where is everyone at?

I've pretty much unlocked all the abilities I want atm, killed all the war chiefs, unlocked 4 slots in Max Health and Elf Shot and only done 7/20 of the missions lol.

Gonna stop messing around killing all the captains and just speed through the story tomorrow.

Game is rad, so glad I traded Destiny for it, not even in the same league.

I'm a bit confused by the rune system though

How do I 'dominate' an Orc and force him to deliver a death threat?

Also, been playing a few hours and have about 6 dagger runes but none for sword or bow. I assume if you take down a captain with the bow you get a bow rune, but how do you get sword runes? Pretty sure I've taken down captains with the sword a few times already
What? i already have an epic rune it's called: Flame of Anor.

No idea how i got it but i can't dominate s**t.
Check their weaknesses, if they are weak to combat finishers they should drop a sword rune. As for the dominating aspect I don't know, but I have a bunch of epic runes and I don't recall dominating. Unless it means they fear you or they have fled from you before. Might have to look into it.
Death Threat is an ability in the 3rd tier.

When you interrogate anyone, an option comes up to use the Uruk to send a death threat to one of the captains. What this does, is it gives +5 power level to that captain, and that captain will then be surrounded by minions, but has a 40% higher chance of dropping an epic rune.

Same thing with War Chiefs, except you either need any captain, or the top captains to send the death threat.

It's pretty neat, once you get to the 4th tier, you're strong enough for even the war chiefs, and death threats just make the game harder.

I guess that works.
"Advance time" after you kill that level 20 guy.
Don't let him come back to life for the 3rd time.
Got replaced by some stupid level 5 guy.

Lets hope the level 19 guy I've killed twice I think now stays dead.

Where is everyone at?

I've pretty much unlocked all the abilities I want atm, killed all the war chiefs, unlocked 4 slots in Max Health and Elf Shot and only done 7/20 of the missions lol.

Gonna stop messing around killing all the captains and just speed through the story tomorrow.

4th tier abilities
6 Bow missions
3 Sword missions
5 Dagger missions
8 outcast missions
5 survival missions
4 hunting missions
12 of the glyth things
50% of the object's

17% of story missions completed. :p

What does everyone use to kill?
Im more a dagger person myself.

carragors! In fact the only problem i have with this game is that when i enter a missions i lose my precious carragor! (i have mounted bonus as well rune :) )

One of them even grabbed one of the ogre things by the arm pinning it down, champ he was....... pitty he died :(

Where is everyone at?

I'm not very far in, played about 5 hours and are 7.5%. Been just roaming mordor collecting those artefacts and doing the side missions. Have killed about 6 captains, one of them I've died twice against so he has become pretty strong so I'll wait until I've got a few more powerful abilities before having another crack at him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

carragors! In fact the only problem i have with this game is that when i enter a missions i lose my precious carragor! (i have mounted bonus as well rune :) )

One of them even grabbed one of the ogre things by the arm pinning it down, champ he was....... pitty he died :(
I hate using those bloody things.
More so I lose most of my health just trying to get on them.
Slowly learning now.

What about getting on a Rancor? (Yeah yeah, I know that's not its name, but it looks like the Rancor in Star Wars VI.)

I hate using those bloody things.
More so I lose most of my health just trying to get on them.
Slowly learning now.

What about getting on a Rancor? (Yeah yeah, I know that's not its name, but it looks like the Rancor in Star Wars VI.)
Make sure you quickly jump onto the cage before destroying the lock lol

Just unlocked Storm of Urfael, I am God in this game.

I have the complete opposite! I kept getting this guy called dosherat coming back, scared of fire i killed him so many times that he was burnt horribly, had one eye, horrible scar's over his body (a ""gift from my carragor)

I beheaded tonight so does this mean he's gone? i'm kinda sad he was so very lame, like a cartoon villain that thinks he's a bad arse and the hero basically one shots him every time!

...lame like a cartoon villain?

* you buddy.

Yeah, beheading means gone.

Next time maybe finish with range or stealth, otherwise just kill him via branding (or just command him).

He's back! he came back! he's now a LVL 20 with a bag over his head......... Just Waltz's up "should have made sure i was dead, Let's finish this" 30 seconds later........ "Retreat"

I'm totally not killing him anymore even at level 20 he's easy it's fun kicking his arse until he bitches out. Plus his name is Dosherat which is narrated as Douche-rat. last time i set him on fire now the bag is burnt and there's a hole in it revealing horribly scarred tissue. as he keeps hunting me down before punking out I've dubbed him Sir Robin....... Bravest of the Brave!

I'm a make him a warchief as soon as i figure out how to kill 20 Uruk's in 2 minutes (When i get home I shall try fire lot's and lot's of fire!)

Don't want to brag but I killed a ogre one on one. Ok i lie. I waited whilst it destroyed orcs and occasionally smacked in and then killed it.

He's back! he came back! he's now a LVL 20 with a bag over his head......... Just Waltz's up "should have made sure i was dead, Let's finish this" 30 seconds later........ "Retreat"

I'm totally not killing him anymore even at level 20 he's easy it's fun kicking his arse until he bitches out. Plus his name is Dosherat which is narrated as Douche-rat. last time i set him on fire now the bag is burnt and there's a hole in it revealing horribly scarred tissue. as he keeps hunting me down before punking out I've dubbed him Sir Robin....... Bravest of the Brave!

I'm a make him a warchief as soon as i figure out how to kill 20 Uruk's in 2 minutes (When i get home I shall try fire lot's and lot's of fire!)
Get the flame of arfuel or whatever its called.

I've never killed an Ogre myself. but i did lead one into the stronghold where the carragor pen's are.

One big arse ogre then I used bait to attract carragors (x3) then released 3 more from there pen's.

Amazing how well the framerate held up, Ogre once again went like a boss killed Uruks left right and centre even one shotted a captain just picked him up and ate him.

But 6 carragors proved too much the Ogre died to the pack!
then i discovered that if you ride a Carragor all the other Carragors are allied with you!

Unfortunately you can't dismount and they have a sweettooth for slaves!

Spoilerrrrrrrr

On the last mission and you fight against an srmy of uruks. Haven't seen these guys since the first half I've been playing and who leads the charge? My rival in the game that I remember who's killed me mulitple times, Gorfel Weapon Smith!

Last edited by a moderator:
Get the flame of arfuel or whatever its called.

Unfortunately i'm still 140 points off tier 5 abilities, I'm thinking about just trying to piss off the entire strong hold before running around like a bitch until i get a mass of the pricks then leading them to the firey barrels of doom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back