FTA-TV Sherlock

Remove this Banner Ad

Episode 2 felt more like a "clip show"
And its more noticeable when there is a poorish episode, given there are only 3 in the season
We'd be far more accepting of fandom pandering episodes such as this, if it wernt 33% of the series gone

That's the issue I take.

If you have say 10 episodes (which is the min for most shows) - 1 or 2 poor episodes can be excused.

When you have 3 per season. 1 poor episode cannot be excused.

It tends to happen with three show british shows. Episode One and Three are great, but the second tends to slip a little bit.

Episode one wasn't great either.

But look at the talent they have in the two leads...it's 100% on the writers...

Episode one wasn't great either.

But look at the talent they have in the two leads...it's 100% on the writers...
I haven't seen the latest series. Only just got back from a cruise so I didn't have internet or anything :(. As for the writer, Mark Gatiss is a wonderful writer, as is Moffat (although he can be hit and miss). I think its a mixture of writers, actors and trying to live up to the hype the fans have built

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Magnussen on Sherlock:
Sherlock Holmes
  • Consulting Detective
  • pr0n preference: Normal
  • Finances: Unknown
  • Brother: Mycroft Holmes, MI6 (see file)
  • Officially deceased: 2011-2013
  • Pressure point: John Watson / Irene Adler (see file) / Jim Moriarty (see file) / Redbeard (see file) / Hounds of the Baskerville / Opium

Much better. Really enjoyed this episode.

The credits started to roll and the voice over guy said you have to watch till the end of the credits or you'll miss something... And than my feed stopped. Did I miss something?

The credits started to roll and the voice over guy said you have to watch till the end of the credits or you'll miss something... And than my feed stopped. Did I miss something?

The first time the credit music started then they launched into the Moriarty bit. After the credits they basically showed the clip he put on the satellite feed (well a close up imitation of it) saying 'did you miss me' iirc

I loved the first two seasons and the show is enjoyable but I can just see the executives thinking

Exec 1: Holy s**t, we made an awesome show and the actors have now made big it over in America... s**t s**t s**t... what do we do...
Exec 2:I know... Bring him back!
1: Who?
2: Sherlock !!
1: That's brilliant, nobody will see it as us wanting to milk the tit while it's still warm.
2: Of course not and we can bring Moriarty back at the end of this season as the grand finale.
1: Great idea! He was the favoured villain and the fans will love that as a cliffhanger.
2: Then in season 4 we can bring back Jack The Ripper
1: Too far man... too far...
2: It's never too far when it comes to money.
1: $$$$$$

I'll still watch it and I still enjoy it but I see this continuation as nothing more than a money grab.

I loved the first two seasons and the show is enjoyable but I can just see the executives thinking

Exec 1: Holy s**t, we made an awesome show and the actors have now made big it over in America... s**t s**t s**t... what do we do...
Exec 2:I know... Bring him back!
1: Who?
2: Sherlock !!
1: That's brilliant, nobody will see it as us wanting to milk the tit while it's still warm.
2: Of course not and we can bring Moriarty back at the end of this season as the grand finale.
1: Great idea! He was the favoured villain and the fans will love that as a cliffhanger.
2: Then in season 4 we can bring back Jack The Ripper
1: Too far man... too far...
2: It's never too far when it comes to money.
1: $$$$$$

I'll still watch it and I still enjoy it but I see this continuation as nothing more than a money grab.

If I'm not mistaken, Sherlock came back from the dead in the books. And it's hard to agrue three episodes every twenty four months for three seasons over four years is a money grab.

At the end, all I could think of was Andrew Scott saying "Surprise, bitch!" And cracked up laughing for about 5 minutes after :D

Great episode, much better than the last 2. One little point, Magnussen never really seemed to threatening to me. I never got a "big baddie" sense from him like I did from Andrew Scott. He seemed far too clean cut to ever do anything too bad, and also when we saw him cowering below Mary it just looked like he was a normal person. I didn't get much of a bad guy vibe from him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back