Status
Not open for further replies.

ansonholt

Premiership Player
May 12, 2009
All in Sunbury
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Game day. Hugely important game for this season, and for perhaps the next few years. We have four of our best 22 out, so we will be tested.

Something to give hope, however, regardless of the result. In the last 10 years, North have not missed the finals when they have a winning record after 5 rounds. We will have at worst a 3-2 record after today.

After 5 rounds, previous seasons:
2013: 1-4 (10th)
2012: 3-2 (8th, EF loss)
2011: 1-4 (9th)
2010: 2-3 (9th)
2009: 2-3 (13th)
2008: 3-2 (7th, EF loss)
2007: 2-3 (4th, PF loss)
2006: 1-4 (14th)
2005: 5-0 (5th, EF loss)

The obvious anomaly there is 2007, where we went on a 6 game winning streak from rounds 4-9 and a 5 game streak from rounds 13-17.

A win today obviously boosts our chances to play finals again. Go Roos!!!!

Grouse to be back at the G, just like the good old days!

We will play finals this year. Richmond will miss, as will the Blues. Bookmark it.

Was thinking the same thing. How good is it to be heading to the G on a Saturday afternoon?

Have been looking forward to this one all week. Hope we get lots of North fans there.

Can't see us missing finals given our last 11 but I don't think that is our aim for this year. The win in Sydney was fantastic. We also need a win out west. 8-3 at halfway with our run in would make people sit up

Jesus I'm amped for this one. Yesterday dragged way too long for my liking. Looking forward to North putting on a master class and Thompson shutting down cloke

Was thinking the same thing. How good is it to be heading to the G on a Saturday afternoon?

Have been looking forward to this one all week. Hope we get lots of North fans there.

Geeeez. Wish I woz there.

Remember some huge games against the Pies at the G in the 90s. Walking back to Flinders St after a win amidst thousands of pissed off ferals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is Jacobs sub again??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because we clearly like having an inside midfielder in that role and the others are all more important to us

Sent from my Nokia 3210

I have a bad feeling about this one for some reason. Perhaps it is the over confidence on this board during the week that has put me off.

Was quietly optimistic when I thought Ziebell would be playing but without him and with queries over wells' fitness, our midfield is gonna have to really fire today. Hopefully Goldy / Currie can give us first use again

Sent from my Nokia 3210

Hey guys,
Sorry to intrude but was just seeing you guys and girls know of a stream site for the game... Yes, I am poor and can't afford foxtel. Thanks

Good luck for today's game

We are North Melbourne Kangaroos, not Shinboners. Not sure why, but that reference is irritating.

I have a bad feeling about this one for some reason. Perhaps it is the over confidence on this board during the week that has put me off.

Was quietly optimistic when I thought Ziebell would be playing but without him and with queries over wells' fitness, our midfield is gonna have to really fire today. Hopefully Goldy / Currie can give us first use again

Sent from my Nokia 3210

Agree. Some of the comments this week have led me to the same conclusion, Pies have been underestimated. If Wells is out as suspected then we could get smacked.

Goldstein and Petrie need to raise their games and no better opportunity for both of them than today.

Quite right Arch. I am disgusted that's it's about making money out of kiddies.

I think the eagles shirt looks like they ran over some eagle and there is blood every where.

Even though eagles is a relatively young club as opposed to say Carlton or Essendon, what is wrong with 'tradition'.

Now get back to work Arch.
Wells is playing. Any late changes have to be announced 90 mins before the game unless they get injured in the warm up. Let's hope he doesn't get tagged and has a good game

Sent from my Nokia 3210

Edit - that was supposed to be quoting Saintly, not sure what happened there

Sent from my Nokia 3210

Just need to come out and play like we did last week. We do that and we will be fine. Wells wouldnt be playing if he wasnt right, look whats going on with JZ.

He probably is sore, so because we have two short breaks and coming off a wet weather game they gave him a light week of training. Dont think theres much in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back