Sick Bay (Or what ails you)

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m sure you don’t think it’s low priority.
Like my shoulder replacement. Cat 2 I was told. That’s a “90 day” waitlist time.
I was told this 850 odd days ago!
yikes not good. That's crazy.

I called them up on Friday after I had finished with the doctor and they'd said the referral hadnt been sent yet, and reading the referral it says I am low priority I would definitely disagree with being low priority but I guess I have to deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thinking I am getting a Cold. Feel Freezing Cold and Feel like I could Vomit
Well…….
We attended a show in Melbourne last night and the Mrs froze throughout the whole thing.
Then coughed all night long. Deep, deep coughs. Enough to make her vomit at one stage.
Just back from the doctor and it’s borderline pneumonia.
She has 2 days on antibots and steroids to show an improvement or she’s off to hospital.
All the symptoms are much the same as yours Dave so I suggest going to a doctor asap. You want to be fighting fit on Saturday.

Well…….
We attended a show in Melbourne last night and the Mrs froze throughout the whole thing.
Then coughed all night long. Deep, deep coughs. Enough to make her vomit at one stage.
Just back from the doctor and it’s borderline pneumonia.
She has 2 days on antibots and steroids to show an improvement or she’s off to hospital.
All the symptoms are much the same as yours Dave so I suggest going to a doctor asap. You want to be fighting fit on Saturday.

I hope don't get Pneumonia

I taken Antibiotics

See how I am Tommorow. In Bed now

My Mum has/had a Terrible Cold/Bronchitis/pneumonia

Some dreadful lurgies going around.
I've had a doozy of a man flu since Saturday arvo... I thought it was beer/wine flu after the Fri win!
Feel like utter shite...
Hosting a party here Saturday!

Some dreadful lurgies going around.
I've had a doozy of a man flu since Saturday arvo... I thought it was beer/wine flu after the Fri win!
Feel like utter shite...
Hosting a party here Saturday!

Flu seems to be doing the Rounds

Not my actual x-ray, though I did get to see it.
This is what has been done to me.
This is why my life is currently boring…

View attachment 1906562
Does it work OK? I assume your waiting time was as a public patient? My cousin's wife was booked in for shoulder surgery under the public system and had waited for a long long time. The day before admission, she got covid, so another 5 month wait.

Does it work OK? I assume your waiting time was as a public patient? My cousin's wife was booked in for shoulder surgery under the public system and had waited for a long long time. The day before admission, she got covid, so another 5 month wait.
Oh bugger.
Yes my wait was related to being a public patient, but the couple of years that Covid filled the hospitals certainly played a much bigger place in that waiting time.
So far I’m very happy with the surgery. Three weeks tomorrow and I went back to work last week. Very lucky I have an employer that is happy for me to do as I wish regarding return to work and how many hours a day I do. Last week I managed four to five a day, today I did six. Next week hoping to be back to full time excluding my normal 7 hours overtime.
I did modify my own car so I can drive. I have parts on order so I can modify my work vehicle so when I’m back to “full” time I can have it back.
I need to be very careful about just how I use my arm. The support I get at home and work though makes this pretty easy.
Have to be up and running by the 16th as I have a stage show in Melbourne to go to. Might take 2 of the “little cans”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back