Sick Bay (Or what ails you)

Remove this Banner Ad

I still not 100% sure I believe that
You certainly don’t have to believe that Dave.
This is what is called free will.
But this has been an actual study applying all the scientificrules that these types of surveys have for decades.
Versus peoples personal opinions with no scientific backing whatsoever.
Facts are facts versus non facts. I know where I stand.

No more free Age articles? Do you have to subscribe now?
Been a subscriber for years so I wouldn’t know.

No truth to anti-vaxxers’ claims linking COVID vaccine and sudden cardiac arrest: study

ExclusiveNationalCoronavirus pandemic
No truth to anti-vaxxers’ claims linking COVID vaccine and sudden cardiac arrest: study
Henrietta Cook
By Henrietta Cook
April 26, 2023 — 3.30pm

The COVID-19 vaccine does not cause sudden cardiac arrest in young people, according to new research that dispels a persistent and unsubstantiated claim from anti-vaccination activists.

Researchers from the Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute examined more than 2000 instances of out-of-hospital cardiac arrests in Victoria before and during the pandemic, and found no change in the median monthly rate of cardiac arrest among those aged under 50.

New research shows that there is no association between the COVID-19 vaccination and sudden cardiac arrest.
New research shows that there is no association between the COVID-19 vaccination and sudden cardiac arrest.CREDIT: JAMES BRICKWOOD
Dr Liz Paratz, a cardiologist at the institute, began the study, which has been published in the journal Circulation, after being besieged by abusive emails from anti-vaxxers following the publication of separate research into sudden cardiac arrest.

“They said I was a child-killer participating in state-sponsored genocide,” she said.

It didn’t stop there. A US Republican senator accused the cardiologist of a cover-up and the producer of Fox News’ Tucker Carlson Tonight asked Paratz to share her database so it could be examined more closely.

“We realised that there was this intense interest in whether vaccinations were causing sudden cardiac death,” Paratz said.

A cardiac arrest occurs when the heart suddenly stops beating.

The Heart Foundation says 20,000 sudden cardiac arrests occur out of hospital in Australia every year, and the survival rate is just 10 per cent.

It can be caused by genetic mutations, a blockage of the coronary arteries or a weakness in the heart muscle. In about 20 per cent of cases, the cause is unknown.

RELATED ARTICLE
Cardiologists believe increased deaths from ischemic heart disease are likely linked to the damaging effects of COVID, but also delayed diagnoses, prevention and treatment through the pandemic.
Exclusive
Coronavirus pandemic
Fatal heart attacks have surged in Australia. Here’s why
Using data from a registry set up to investigate cardiac arrests among Victorians aged under 50, Paratz looked at 2242 instances of cardiac arrest from April 2019 to the end of March 2022.

She divided the data into three periods: before the onset of COVID-19 in Australia, during the pandemic but before the rollout of a vaccination program, and following mandatory vaccination.

No variation was seen in the median monthly rates of cardiac arrest – it ranged from 61 to 63 deaths per month – or myocarditis, where there were just 13 cases over the three-year study period.

Previous research has linked the coronavirus vaccine to rare complications such as myocarditis (inflammation of the heart) and pericarditis (swelling of the membrane around the heart). But it has also found that COVID-19 infections are much more likely than vaccines to cause these heart complications, and when they do occur, they are more severe.

Paratz said the majority of myocarditis or pericarditis episodes associated with the vaccine were mild, and her research showed they had not led to a rise in deaths.

Play Video

New study to improve survivals from cardiac arrests
Play video
1:36
New study to improve survivals from cardiac arrests

A new study in Sydney is aiming to improve the odds of surviving a cardiac arrest.
“This is an incredibly reassuring amount of data for people who’ve been vaccinated,” she said.

“Extrapolation can be the enemy when you say, ‘vaccinations may cause a cardiac issue, therefore, cardiac deaths are going to go up’ ... we’re not seeing that borne out. ”

Paratz also examined the deaths of 38 people who suffered cardiac arrest within 30 days of their COVID vaccination. No differences were observed in the underlying causes of their deaths when compared with age-matched data, and no one in this group had myocarditis.

RELATED ARTICLE
Sandra Russell at home in West Pymble .
Exclusive
Coronavirus pandemic
Thousands left waiting for compensation after claims of COVID-19 vaccine injury
Professor Jason Kovacic, the executive director of the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute in Sydney, said the research convincingly showed there was no increase in sudden cardiac death linked to the COVID vaccine.

Kovacic, who is also a senior cardiologist at St Vincent’s in Sydney, said he had also observed this clinically.

He has treated a handful of people with vaccine-related myocarditis and said they had all made a complete recovery following a short stay in hospital.

He has also treated patients with heart issues linked to COVID infections and said they had spent much longer in hospital, and some had never recovered.

How can you tell if you’re having a heart attack?
“I am aware that there’s been a couple of people around the world who have had a serious cardiac issue related to vaccination,” he said.

“But there’s no question the vaccination has saved many, many lives, is very effective, and has been the thing that has helped us get out of this pandemic.”

You certainly don’t have to believe that Dave.
This is what is called free will.
But this has been an actual study applying all the scientificrules that these types of surveys have for decades.
Versus peoples personal opinions with no scientific backing whatsoever.
Facts are facts versus non facts. I know where I stand.

Who Funded the Study?

90% of Thais in Bangkok are wearing masks. No reason why you shouldn't too. I will certainly be considering one next time I am with a crowd, in an airport or on a plane. I don't want to get covid again.

I know we have Big Crowds at our AFL Game so I take it and Wear it espically when going to Toliet and Getting Something to eat when lot of people around me and are very close

Funny with:

Pfizer
AstraZeneca

are some of the Sponsors
Dave, can you list the sponsors of your alternative views?
Those who are pushing the conspiracy theories?
Who are they? What are their qualifications? Are they getting money for their rantings?
It’s no surprise that drug companies are sponsoring research. In fact research wouldn’t exist without commercial enterprises like the two you name investing.
Why do they invest? Because they can see a commercial benefit if there is a breakthrough in the treatment of diseases that injure and kill people.
AusDiab have been doing work on these diseases for over 20 years and now suddenly they are involved in conspiracy?
I actually knew that if I linked the sponsor page that you would cherry pick something to reinforce your conspiracy theories. Because you are so far down the rabbit hole that there really is no way back. Unfortunately.

Who are they? What are their qualifications? Are they getting money for their rantings?
It’s no surprise that drug companies are sponsoring research. In fact research wouldn’t exist without commercial enterprises like the two you name investing.
Why do they invest? Because they can see a commercial benefit if there is a breakthrough in the treatment of diseases that injure and kill people.
AusDiab have been doing work on these diseases for over 20 years and now suddenly they are involved in conspiracy?
I actually knew that if I linked the sponsor page that you would cherry pick something to reinforce your conspiracy theories. Because you are so far down the rabbit hole that there really is no way back. Unfortunately.

So I Guess I Die of Covid Soon Then

I wore my Mask at the Anzac Game on Tuesday
Not a bad idea Dave as there apparently is another new strain - Arcturus.

There is no evidence this strain is more severe, but according to studies in Japan was that found it spreads more easily.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a bad idea Dave as there apparently is another new strain - Arcturus.

There is no evidence this strain is more severe, but pointed to studies in Japan that found it spreads more easily.

Probably wind up being a Lot Like the Flu/Cold that be Easily Spread but no very Deadly

I been Wearing Masks at all AFL Games I been too this year

I think that your final sentence is totally unnecessary. I get that you have strong opinions on this however keep in mind that anyone you reply to might also have similar strong feelings and it is much better just explaining your position. If no understanding can be reached, move on.

I think that your final sentence is totally unnecessary. I get that you have strong opinions on this however keep in mind that anyone you reply to might also have similar strong feelings and it is much better just explaining your position. If no understanding can be reached, move on.
How is it unnecessary?
The facts continue to dismiss the conspiracy theorists.
The science continues to dismiss the conspiracy theorists.
Yet they continue to pull people into their rabbit holes and no amount of repeatedly stating the facts and the science appears to have no effect.
So I think the sentence Absolutely sums up where poor Dave is at the moment. Being taken advantage of in his time of grief.
It upsets me. And it should upset you.

Feeling alive again and rat is coming up negative though this cough is as persistent as a Mick Gayfer tag.

Just in time to have to do lots of housework.

The pony has transferred his affections to his owner now his owner is home which is a relief.

Feeling alive again and rat is coming up negative though this cough is as persistent as a Mick Gayfer tag.

Just in time to have to do lots of housework.

The pony has transferred his affections to his owner now his owner is home which is a relief.

Does this mean you had to take the ad down? Glad to learn that the pony's custodian is back home.

IMG_8098.JPG

I am not saying the Vaccines does NOT Work but saying my Dad died under a Week after he Recived his 4th Vaccine make me not really want to risk it.

So more Worried about the Possible Side-Effects of the Vaccine

Remove this Banner Ad

Back