Recommitted Sidebottom rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Sidebottom is top 3-5 player on our list, a proven finals performer and has at least 4-5 years left of top quality football. He's also an outside player which is something we currently have a shortage of. If we have not planned to have enough room in the cap for him then it's a monumental screw up and I'd expect head to role over it.
We could even make a play for Danger like Melbourne supposedly did and still not bat an eyelid. Steely knows the upside of staying at Collingwood. He will be rewarded in his next contract offer. Relax. I can recommend a nasal spray against premature melting. Or get a cat.

Rofl, anyone who believes Sidey is going anywhere has rocks in their head.

As a side note, he'd be mad to leave a year before he becomes a free agent. That will be his big payday and the club has already saved the cash for it.

Yep, club has a huge amount banked. Even considering bringing in Treloar/Aish.

"I'm very honored to be a Collingwood player, and will be a Collingwood player for many years to come"

-Steele Sidebottom, 2015 Copeland Trophy night.

The only way this starts to look likely is if Collingwoods salary cap is being pushed too much. Cloke, Pendles, Swan, Reid, Greenwood all on good coin and Grundy, Moore, DeGoey, Adams all looking like players worthy of big pay increases. Throw in big coin for Treloar and now Aish, it starts to look like a well paid top end. If North did offer Sidebottom around $750k per year could collingwood match it?
Really??? 7Fiddy?? No way Jose, nonono. Mate, I love him, but he is not a 7Fiddy player. Pies supporters, help me out. What would he be on, 500k?

Really??? 7Fiddy?? No way Jose, nonono. Mate, I love him, but he is not a 7Fiddy player. Pies supporters, help me out. What would he be on, 500k?
Not sure, but he just came 5th in our B&F off the back of only 16 games. Averaged 27 disposals per game and played quite a few games with a broken thumb that hadn't fully healed.

I think he would be rated a lot more highly by everyone had he not been injured in round 1. Looked set to have a breakout year.

Not sure, but he just came 5th in our B&F off the back of only 16 games. Averaged 27 disposals per game and played quite a few games with a broken thumb that hadn't fully healed.

I think he would be rated a lot more highly by everyone had he not been injured in round 1. Looked set to have a breakout year.
Pendles is on?? Cloke is on?? Swanny?? Treloar we expect about 650. Reckon he would be on less than Pendles, Cloke and Swan, thats why i guessed the 5 hunnert....

Pendles is on?? Cloke is on?? Swanny?? Treloar we expect about 650. Reckon he would be on less than Pendles, Cloke and Swan, thats why i guessed the 5 hunnert....
At a guess I'd say you're close. Will likely get a bump next year for his new contract.

Cloke was reported to be on $800k but his contract is rumoured to have been heavily front loaded with our recent departures, so there's a good chance he'll be on a pittance going in to the final year/s of his deal.

Other thing to note about Sidey is he is an elite endurance runner. The type of player which will be gold in a new age of interchange restrictions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boyd is on 1mil, the salary cap is expanding contracts are getting bigger. I think he's worth 600k, he's a very unique player which is why I think he's underrated
On open market, 600k no probs. In house, my guess is less. Ripper. Will stay. All good.

You r probably spot on. His next contract will be higher no doubt. A 24 yr old and wage inflation. But caps keep expanding as well and swanky 1 maybe 2 more years to go. Clones next contract will be lower as well. Plenty of capacity at Pies

That was kinda my point. You have to pay more to get a good player out of a good club like Collingwood. Most people seem to think he is worth 600k to pies that means north have to offer 700k + to even tempt him.

That was kinda my point. You have to pay more to get a good player out of a good club like Collingwood. Most people seem to think he is worth 600k to pies that means north have to offer 700k + to even tempt him.
yep, get that. And my point was no way on this earth, even to get him to move, would I go to 750. Pendles, yes. Sidey, no.

yep, get that. And my point was no way on this earth, even to get him to move, would I go to 750. Pendles, yes. Sidey, no.
I think $750k will be thrown about a bit more with the new tv rights increasing salary cap. I don't think North will get Sidebottom, I think this thread is pure speculation. If he did come I wouldn't be upset if north had to pay that coin. Exactly the kind of player we need.

The Sidebottom to North rumour is just that. No truth in it. However, Pies asked about Garner and were told to fxxx off! Seedsman was keen on North, but North not interested.

Why would Sidebottom want to leave this season when he is a restricted free agent next season and could command a much higher price?

He seems happy at the pies and obviously the pies love him, he may well explore his options at the end of next season but I can't see him playing anywhere else but Collingwood in 2016.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back