Computers & Internet Silk Road

Remove this Banner Ad

If you are interested there are plenty of stories/forums around google.

Accessing the site is not hard either, or illegal, and there are forums on there with plenty of information to serve your curiosity.

iGNITER

Another crusader for liberty has been taken down by the biggest drug cartel the world has ever seen.

So he allegedly tried to organise a hit, did he? Sure. I guess they couldn't use the 'tried to rape sleeping women' one again. The next one they take down will be charged with 'child pr0n' surely. Whatever it takes to get the masses to say, 'well, he is a bad guy'.

Of course it will only be a matter of time before the next Silk Road is up and running. Apparently >$1b worth of transactions have been made in the last two years on Silk Road. Yeah, prohibition reduces demand for drugs. No worries.

Dang. I looked around Silk Road a couple times ages but never got around to process of buying anything. Oh well, I'm sure a new market site will pop up soon enough.

Buying reviewed product from around the world seems far preferable to buying whatever probably cut down product is being flogged in your city. Not to mention the hassle/chore of acquiring it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way they have busted this guy is so stupid. All they have done is show the next people to set one up exactly what to avoid doing. They admitted the security of the site was pretty much unbreakable, it was just a few mistakes doing other things that caught the guy out.

The way they have busted this guy is so stupid. All they have done is show the next people to set one up exactly what to avoid doing. They admitted the security of the site was pretty much unbreakable, it was just a few mistakes doing other things that caught the guy out.
The human element is the weakness in any security system.

Dude's stupidest mistakes were the easiest to avoid.

That 'hit' though seems pretty far fetched. Aside from the fact that no homicides or curious deaths actually occurred in the area the hit supposedly did, the vernacular and back and forth seems a bit Hollywood. "He won't be blackmailing anyone again.... ever.." Yeah okay.

While it's likely that someone in that position would carry the s**t out to avoid a extortionist farkin' 'em, I don't think it'd happen in that way. But then again I wouldn't actually know.

More of this s**t exists on there anyway. They're just lesser known to the mainstream world.

I've never understood why people need to use the internet to buy drugs? Surely it can't be that hard to find a decent "friend".

I think it's more to do with efficiency, options, purity, and price. I'm way too much of an overthinker though so I could never deal with the postbox paranoia, but hey. I can see why people do it.

Political activism is a bit different to facilitating the sale of illegal drugs tbf.

Can't really compare Assange and Manning to this bloke.

Dude's stupidest mistakes were the easiest to avoid.

That 'hit' though seems pretty far fetched. Aside from the fact that no homicides or curious deaths actually occurred in the area the hit supposedly did, the vernacular and back and forth seems a bit Hollywood. "He won't be blackmailing anyone again.... ever.." Yeah okay.

While it's likely that someone in that position would carry the s**t out to avoid a extortionist farkin' 'em, I don't think it'd happen in that way. But then again I wouldn't actually know.

More of this s**t exists on there anyway. They're just lesser known to the mainstream world.

There's a rumour out that the guy blackmailing him and the guy organizing the "hit" were the same person, and the owner Ulbrichts figured it out and so just paid the "hitman" the $150k instead of the $500k the blackmailer was after.

Political activism is a bit different to facilitating the sale of illegal drugs tbf.

How is facilitating treason any better than facilitating narcotics trafficking?

Both are equally reprehensible or admirable depending on your opinion on the justness of the respective laws being broken.

But the people who'll go on the Silk Road aren't going to be idiots. You'd say the demographic isn't the trackie wearing cone-smoker from Reservoir or the meth-head from Franga. Facilitating the use of drugs for those people is something that's hugely illegal but unethical? In my personal opinion, it's less harmful than buying from a regular, traditional dealer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back