List Mgmt. Simpson Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzximages5_ZI65_W1_X.jpg

The statement was never questioning him getting on with his life and finding what's going to make him happy.

It was us(me) questioning what he will actually bring to a coaching position. Coaches/captains are leaders.. To lead you need to set an example. Examples are set by reputation by previous work or what you do in front of those you are leading.

His prior history of behaviours and attitude is public because of his time at freo and I question how he will lead his team based on these facts.

I surely would question his leadership ability if I were playing for him irrespective of he has done a kick to kick with pav.

SHill Shall said:
What happened at the Lindt Cafe was not cool, but technically meets your definition. So civil society does have boundaries.

That is a seriously weird idea that just popped into your head. I dont get aussies world view sometimes, especilly when it comes to the indigenous.

What happened at the Lindt Cafe was not cool, but technically meets your definition. So civil society does have boundaries.

Ok, fine. Rejecting societal norms in order to live life in accordance with ones own values is very cool... as long as you're not hurting anyone.

Why is that cool? Don't think it's anything to do with 'cool'.
So the inverse is cool?

Crippling mortgages, processed food, taxes, being part of a governmental system that can disenfranchise you, cars, buying fuel, getting angry at expensive coffee, obesity, Grant Denyer, Channel 7, Karl Stefanovic, the West Coast Eagles... these are all things we should embrace and like? And living a simpler life is somehow dumb or uneducated or not cool?

At the base of it, Josh comes from a community where they care about each other and the land. That is it. The land binds them, and they are a part of their environment. The two things co-exist and mean something. That's why they don't give a s**t about contracts, shiny cars, or whatever else. Because it is superfluous – just like how it should be superfluous to our lives.

Traditional Aboriginal life is so enviable. I'm far too white and uptight and neurotic and angry to be that way, but I wish I could be.

What an immature retort. And an indictment on you rather than PBL/Josh Simpson/contrarianism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the inverse is cool?

Crippling mortgages, processed food, taxes, being part of a governmental system that can disenfranchise you, cars, buying fuel, getting angry at expensive coffee, obesity, Grant Denyer, Channel 7, Karl Stefanovic, the West Coast Eagles... these are all things we should embrace and like? And living a simpler life is somehow dumb or uneducated or not cool?

At the base of it, Josh comes from a community where they care about each other and the land. That is it. The land binds them, and they are a part of their environment. The two things co-exist and mean something. That's why they don't give a s**t about contracts, shiny cars, or whatever else. Because it is superfluous – just like how it should be superfluous to our lives.

Traditional Aboriginal life is so enviable. I'm far too white and uptight and neurotic and angry to be that way, but I wish I could be.

I don't have a gum tree in my yard to hug so I make do with a Hills hoist.
Doesn't drop leaves either.

So the inverse is cool?

At the risk of appearing pedantic I suspect that what he was challenging was the definition and appropriateness of the word "cool" when applied to this situation rather than a value judgement of traditional indigenous values versus western consumerism.

I almost replied to his comment suggesting that what was implied in your original post was approval of Josh's lifestyle choice rather than some sort of fashionable zeitgeist rating.

I could of course be wrong about all of it.

Just for the record I agree with you. There isn't much that I find "cool" about western consumerism and our societies obsession with material possessions and status at the expense of everything else. Disclaimer - I have 3 guitars, 4 basses and a drum kit. And I own and use 3 Mac's, and iPhone and iPad.

So the inverse is cool?

What has any of that got to do with rocking up to training and playing footy with your teammates on a scheduled basis? Does doing that mean you have all of the above? I don't think so. Come back to this board when you get out of university and learn some practical life lessons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back