nut

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 16, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
What is it’s purpose?

Its now Attacking the LNP more than it attacks labor.
It’s trying to push the LNP into oblivion and further right. Which is clearly not working.

It would make no money, ad revenues would not be covering the cost of production wages etc…

Is it’s only purpose to try push a right wing agenda? To a tiny audience ..

How long is it going to continue this… who is funding it and why?

What is it’s purpose?

It’s trying to push the LNP into oblivion and further right. Which is clearly not working.

It would make no money, ad revenues would not be covering the cost of production wages etc…

It is not there to make money - this murdoch owned angerfest exists to push his agenda. It gets far more airtime than it really deserves.

Technically the medium it runs in is 'tv', but in reality it is a social media platform. Articles and stories from it pop up in a lot of people's feeds, whether they want it or not, it generates discussion. largely derided here of-course, but more sympathetic platforms will give it undeserved legitimacy.

I blame the Google, FBs and Apples of this world. They foisted the content upon us, because they are willing to do anything to pursue advertising dollars. I should have to opt-in to any news content, rather than opt-out. Unless people actively reject, then it just gets more widespread. Without the avarice of the social media platforms, this toe-rag of bigoted nasty organisation would quickly whither and die.

What is it’s purpose?

As long as the LNP are in power Sky and Murdoch's other entities make plenty of money

It is very very thinly veiled corruption

Last edited:

What is it’s purpose?

They have a few goals, but one is to influence politics in the way of their owner (to the right). Now they are aware that post Fed, NSW, Vic and now Aston elections they have been criticised, even by some of their own MPs, for being too far right. They want to push the Liberals further right so they use influence to try and stop any Dutton movement to the left. They can do this as they are the main media of choice for those who vote for Liberals MPs in individual branches.

Their goal is long term. To ideologically cleanse the party of moderates may cost them seats next election, but they operate on a more long term principle. They believe “inevitably” the public will grow tired of Labor, or Labor will implode and they’ll move back to the Liberals, who are now dominated by Sky after Dark conservatives and Bridget Archer types are nowhere to be found.

It’s loss making but it’s being propped up by Fox Corp’s other revenue streams like entertainment and sports.

It’s viewership is only about 30,000 per night, but that may include Liberal branch members who preselect candidates. Therefore their influence is bigger than it appears.

Lachlan is apparently more right wing than Daddy. Reactionary populist politics has been around forever, and will continue forever.

Ok so it’s purely about influence .. which I know we all know.

We have an American family spending millions on right wing propaganda to push an agenda and trying to influence our democracy … from a foreign country.

And this is considered normal!!!

It is not there to make money - this murdoch owned angerfest exists to push his agenda. It gets far more airtime than it really deserves.

Technically the medium it runs in is 'tv', but in reality it is a social media platform. Articles and stories from it pop up in a lot of people's feeds, whether they want it or not, it generates discussion. largely derided here of-course, but more sympathetic platforms will give it undeserved legitimacy.

I blame the Google, FBs and Apples of this world. They foisted the content upon us, because they are willing to do anything to pursue advertising dollars. I should have to opt-in to any news content, rather than opt-out. Unless people actively reject, then it just gets more widespread. Without the avarice of the social media platforms, this toe-rag of bigoted nasty organisation would quickly whither and die.
You've gotten bitter in your old age!

The “stories” on the feed from sky (the Microsoft edge one) are pathetic in detail. Basically the headline and sometimes a second sentence. That’s it. No discussion, no extra opinion or detail. Just a couple of lines.
Compared to other feed stories from other sources (abc, guardian, even mammamia ffs which have more details)

the platform is there to sing to the choir. a m8 of mine watches it for larfs as their agenda is so so obvious. i mean, bolt, murray, credlin use as their political luminaries peeps like hanson, latham, bernardi. so out of touch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back