Sky Ashes Promo.

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What coverage do Fox get?
Wouldn't they take the Sky feed?
For the first time in few years Nine are sending their own commentators over to commentate, so the above as about as much as you'll be hearing from the Sky Sports commentators this winter. I know, great isn't it.

This is gonna be the best series since 05 IMO

2009 a bit underrated I reckon. No cricket series I've seen has matched the heartwrenching brilliance of 2005 but I genuinely felt we were a chance on the final day at The Oval - the English certainly did too despite the huge chase we would have had to pull off. Strauss recounted how he felt it was all unraveling out on the field in his book as Ponting and Hussey regained the ascendency and began taking command, until Huss called for that optimistic run and of course it was inevitable that Flintoff would peg the stumps down ending all our hopes.

2009 a bit underrated I reckon. No cricket series I've seen has matched the heartwrenching brilliance of 2005 but I genuinely felt we were a chance on the final day at The Oval - the English certainly did too despite the huge chase we would have had to pull off. Strauss recounted how he felt it was all unraveling out on the field in his book as Ponting and Hussey regained the ascendency and began taking command, until Huss called for that optimistic run and of course it was inevitable that Flintoff would peg the stumps down ending all our hopes.

2009 was an excellent series. Two far more frail teams than 2005, that always makes for compelling cricket.

2009 was an excellent series. Two far more frail teams than 2005, that always makes for compelling cricket.

Ponting obviously did a hell of a lot more good than bad - and I think some of the retrospective commentary about his captaincy is a bit harsh, but his and Hilditch's handling of Hauritz was utterly abysmal. I remember Strauss saying he nearly dropped the teamsheet in shock when he saw Hauritz wasn't in for the final test. Hauritz was no worldbeater, but nor was Lyon and we've seen how much more effective a spinner can be when he feels he has the backing of the captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back