Women's Ashes 1st ODI England v Australia July 12 2130hrs @ Bristol

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

England from, Heather Knight (c), Natalie Sciver-Brunt (vc), Tammy Beaumont, Lauren Bell, Alice Capsey, Kate Cross, Alice Davidson-Richards, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Lauren Filer, Danielle Gibson, Amy Jones, Emma Lamb, Issy Wong, Danielle Wyatt.
Australia from, Alyssa Healy (c), Tahlia McGrath (vc), Darcie Brown, Ashleigh Gardner, Kim Garth, Grace Harris, Jess Jonassen, Alana King, Phoebe Litchfield, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland, Georgia Wareham.

England were impressive in that T20 series win. They will be up for the challenge.

And yes I believe the gap between the two sides has closed in the white ball format. Key batters for England sense will be Wyatt. Think of all the batters in their side, she is kind of the barometer for their team. Also impressed with Alice Capsey who plays spin very well (being a spinner herself)

...they've all made contributions in the top 4.

T20I
Mooney: 61*, 22, 32
Healy: 5, 37, 16
McGrath: 40, 4, 10
Gardner: 31, 9, 32

Test
Mooney: 33, 85
Litchfield: 23, 46
Perry: 99, 25
McGrath: 61, 1

McGrath in the T20s, the format she's no.1-ranked in the world, was the only one to perform well below average (which is 51.46). Helped immensely by Mooney running her out at The Oval.

Mooney did the hard yards down the order waiting for Haynes to retire before opening in her preferred position and she gets shafted back down the order already? Don't like that at all, Litchfield would be more than capable at 3 or 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently she meant it according to the female pom commentator. :moustache:
Yeah I know it's what prompted me to comment. It was a half tracker long hop, and she reckons, brilliant bowling that cramped Perry for room.

This pitch is not coming on to the bat at all.

Pepsi Commercial Oops GIF

Should sticky this gif when England are fielding.

Back