Multiplat Skyrim - The Elder Scrolls 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Would rather have them focus solely on Elder Scrolls VI but if it's not going to hinder the development then I'm fine with it.

Just had a quick peak around the interwebz, is apparently set 1000 years before Skyrim. Daedric Prince trying to take over Tamriel

Molag Bal to be specific ;)

Am I right in saying this is only going to be on PC's and Mac's?

Would rather have them focus solely on Elder Scrolls VI but if it's not going to hinder the development then I'm fine with it.

Completely different development team I think. 250 man online gaming studio has been given the job.

Much like Blizzard has different development teams between WoW, Starcraft and diablo.

I mean a thread on Elder Scrolls online. I know the teaser was only yesterday :p
Yeah I know, but the game was literally announed 2 days ago too.

Hey guys new to this forum.
Quick question; Im a level 100 at smithing but i cant seem to upgrade general tullius's armor to anything higher than flawless. Any tips would be greatly appreciated :)

Smithing potions and gear with smithing enchantments will help you there.

Just started playing this game again and it is an absolute joke.

You'd think the latest update would improve the game, especially the PS3 version and it's severe lag problems, but now, every time my character swims or has the camera go underwater, the game freezes, which is a real pain in the neck because I've been doing the Thieve's Guild missions and there's a part where you have to swim until the water level rises.

Most overrated game over the last 10 years, hands down. Even with it's positives, a game with this many issues is an 8/10 at most, yet people are still calling it a masterpiece :rolleyes:.

You'd think the latest update would improve the game, especially the PS3 version and it's severe lag problems, but now, every time my character swims or has the camera go underwater, the game freezes, which is a real pain in the neck because I've been doing the Thieve's Guild missions and there's a part where you have to swim until the water level rises.

Most overrated game over the last 10 years, hands down. Even with it's positives, a game with this many issues is an 8/10 at most, yet people are still calling it a masterpiece :rolleyes:.

Why so mad?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should of bought a 360 :)

You mean the thing that charges $80 for online service, $150 for wi-fi and it melts itself? Pass.

Why so mad?

Typical. No Skyrim fanboys are able to defend the technical flaws in the game. Sorry, but the game just isn't as good as you think it is, and it's only getting worse.

It was actually as good as I thought it would be.

Played it for over 150hrs with barely any issues.... Guess I was just lucky.

The positives far out weigh the negatives in this game.

I also played it on PS3 for about 150 hours and the game only froze on me once, and that was the day it came out. I've had no problems at all the whole time I played it.

Game was better than I thought it would be, and it had extremely high standards to meet, since I was looking forward to it a lot.

Here's what you should do after every Skyrim patch.

1. Start Console
2. Go to Game Icon
3. Go to "Game Data Utility"
4. Delete Update File for Skyrim
5. Turn off PS3
6. Turn PS3 back on
7. Start Skyrim
8. Reinstall 1.05 update when it asks you to
9. Play Skyrim

And then

1. To ensure the fastest jump in performance after applying the patch, be sure to first create a new manual save by entering the save menu and choosing 'save game'. You should then restart your PlayStation 3 before continuing to play.
2. If you encounter strange behaviour while playing immediately following application of the patch, do not be alarmed - this is a temporary effect of Skyrim scripts correcting themselves after the update. Once this process runs its course, be sure to make a new save and restart your PlayStation 3.

PS3 version is probably as good as the 360 version these days, you just gotta follow the instructions above.

Bethesda should really give instructions when you're installing the patch, because the people who don't read Bethesda/Gamespot forums aren't getting the most out of these patches.

bruthah
i've probably made maybe half a dozen posts in the skyrim threads, not that i absolutely hate the game but that it... really has not been all that fun for me.
i've noticed facebook followers of bethesda (and skyrim related) tend to heap scorn on skyrim. i've been quite (and pleasantly) surprised by its criticism, actually.

steam says i've logged 125 hours on skyrim. i will go back and play it at some point but i've been thinking of re-installing oblivion...
problems with keymapping from the start. dual-wield, just has never really worked.
simplified storyline... i go to one place to complete all the quests for the college of winterhold, for example, and becoming grandmaster of guilds does not particularly require the same sort of exertion needed in either morrowind/oblivion, so it's quite hollow.
lots of menial activities, but not much to do. i can repeatedly invoke the same animation on various types of rock if i choose. i understand and agree with todd howards argument that choice of activity gives the greatest depth even if you never do it - but at what cost to things like quests and their complexity?

the mountain of mods are uninspiring. i can find 50 different ways to fancy dress my character, but ones that fix game problems are much harder to come across.

it goes without saying that a game set in the frozen part of the gameworld is going to have serious problems with terrain variety. they probably did as much as they could.

there are a few things which i like compared to previous ES. dungeons were improved. a few other things which i forget as well (need to play to remember).

Looks pretty damn awesome. Any word on when they're releasing it?

Will be released in Summer which is between June 21 and September 21 in the Northern Hemisphere.

PS3/PC will get it a month or so after 360 and it will cost 1500 points for 360 which is around $25 for PS3/PC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back