Slobbos top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

People getting upset over this list will never not be funny to me.

This list is Mark Robinson's prediction. Only time will tell if he's wrong with any of them.

You're currently more wrong than he is if you've read the list or bothered to try and dissect it, because Robbo is an idiot who is not worth listening to.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable for Freo or any lower club to have only two players on a top 50 list. 2.7 spots per club on average. Collingwood and GWS rightly taking up a big chunk of that with their A graders.

Personally would have Jackson, Serong and Brayshaw in my top 50 but there are plenty of jets across the competition.

… lol… The reason for footy existence of Carlton fans this century has been into argue for over representation of their players on such lists.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable for Freo or any lower club to have only two players on a top 50 list. 2.7 spots per club on average. Collingwood and GWS rightly taking up a big chunk of that with their A graders.

Personally would have Jackson, Serong and Brayshaw in my top 50 but there are plenty of jets across the competition.
Two is ok even if I disagree it’s none in the top 33 that’s hard to swallow, particularly with the names ahead of them.

Looking forward to the season starting and Freo confirming a lot of the consensus that they are terrible or proving a bunch of people wrong

And haven’t you argued in other threads that Carlton have too many top liners and 0 role players/depth?

Keep up old fella.

Chew on my dust ya wee young scamp.

Literally impossible to make a list without everyone screaming "WHAT ABOUT THIS PLAYER WHO I PROJECT WILL BE BETTER??"
It’s a pisser to see people try and talk in a matter of fact way about projections of individual players.
Mine would be very, very different to this list but I’m sure most would disagree with mine too.

It’s a pisser to see people try and talk in a matter of fact way about projections of individual players.
Mine would be very, very different to this list but I’m sure most would disagree with mine too.

Aye.

My list commences with at least 40 Bloods players.

We know our own teams better that these ‘journalists’. So even with his potential I can’t fathom how JUH is above Naughton. JUH looks more spectacular at times but Naughton gives so much than just flying for marks, pressure, tackles chasers etc.
As for someone not from my team, Tom Stewart is too low. The guy is a freak, reads the game as good as anyone I’ve seen and always my most worried about opponent when we play Geelong.

DeGoey is the absolute master of deception

0 top 3 finishes in his teams b&f. 0 AA's

Big game player myth
Terrible assessment. He’s not a top 10 player in the league, but any person can clearly see he lifts in the biggest games.

Terrible assessment. He’s not a top 10 player in the league, but any person can clearly see he lifts in the biggest games.
* some big games

Probably going at 50/50 for good games in finals

By no means a s**t player, but his myth exceeds his output

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it's a prediction then I reckon Max King is a fairly large oversight, in my opinion obviously

Slobbo's top 50 Pizza joints.
I wouldn't read that either, but at least it may have some research behind it.
Actually a pretty similar numbers exercise for the slob - there are 733 Domino's Pizza franchises to chose from in OZ.

The only group of people in Australia that had Cripps in last years AA 40 man squad happened to be the selectors themselves.

It was openly mocked on here as one of the worst selections in recent memory.

Belonged nowhere near the AA 40 squad last year and wasn’t in the best 20 midfielders in the comp.

People have short memories it seems.

Based on his 2023 he’s lucky he’s even that high, he was garbage for most of it.
The fact you are even comparing LDU to Cripps is bewildering.. How many games has LDU dragged his team to victory in?? LDU played a handful of good games in 23, prior to that there were question marks on if he would even make it as an AFL level player, didn’t he get dropped in 2022.

Cripps has spent his entire career with 3 blokes hanging off him, LDU runs around without an opponent. Clubs will tag Sheezel before they bother with LDU..

Why do posters have to try to belittle other players in an effort to talk up their own player?

It really is an interesting psychological case study... maybe one day they might come to the realisation that it doesn't work like that...
Indeed …. Like that young daicos fella. Damn good player and only just behind Greene, Green and Taylor …. But he’ll be a gun

Why do posters have to try to belittle other players in an effort to talk up their own player?

It really is an interesting psychological case study... maybe one day they might come to the realisation that it doesn't work like that...
Yeah I normally stick to pumping my own tyres up no need to go around deflating others

The fact you are even comparing LDU to Cripps is bewildering.. How many games has LDU dragged his team to victory in?? LDU played a handful of good games in 23, prior to that there were question marks on if he would even make it as an AFL level player, didn’t he get dropped in 2022.

Cripps has spent his entire career with 3 blokes hanging off him, LDU runs around without an opponent. Clubs will tag Sheezel before they bother with LDU..

I never even raised LDU.

Was responding to specifically the following post

Mate, Cripps is a Brownlow medallist, multiple AA and multiple B&F coming off a year where he made the AA squad and captained his team to a Prelim.

LDU is not even fit to gargle his balls.

I was talking about Cripps in isolation.

He was garbage last year and well down on his previous seasons.

Nowhere near deserved the 40 man AA squad and him "captaining his team to a prelim" has as much relevance to this discussion as Tom Jonas Captaining his side to the finals.

In terms of the entire top 50, he's probably lucky to even be in it based on 2023.

I will give Robbo the same benefit of the doubt you should with LDU, it's a prediction based list, Robbo is obviously predicting Cripps to bounce back, which is fine.

But if you want to nit pick on actual recent performance, Cripps doesn't belong in the Top 50 at all if we are talking about his last 25 games.

Off the top of my head I thought I would have a stab because I have been so critical.
This is my ratings of performance this season and by seasons end as well predictions.

1- Daicos
2- Bont
3- Greene
4- Petracca
5- Cameron
6- Neale
7- Rozee
8- Butters
9- Green
10- Stewart
11- Serong
12- Gulden
13- Taylor
14- Curnow
15- Merrett
16- Dawson
17- English
18- S Walsh
19- Sinclair
20- Sicily
21- S Bolton
22- N Anderson
23- M Gawn
24- C Cameron
25- Brayshaw
26- Larkey
27- J Daicos
28- C Oliver
29- M King
30- D Moore
31- Dangerfield
32- De Goey
33- T Liberatore
34- Martin
35- O Allen
36- H Sheezel
37- T Hawkins
38- LDU
39- R Marshall
40- T Miller
41- J Weitering
42- Dunkley
43- Coniglio
44- M Rowell
45- S De Koning
46- Taranto
47- JUH
48- JHF
49- T Kelly
50- Amiss
I left cripps out, put him 26 and everyone below can slide back one.

God I hope all the coaches in the AFL have written off Cripps as much as some of BF posters have..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back