So when do we start talking about the fitness staff.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Rucci claiming Burton has quit the Lion's and has a job lined up, here most likely, but that it wouldn't be the end for Poulos.

Something about hiring the guy who has been in charge of Brisbane for the last 5 years to lead our program doesn't seem to fit Fagans best football program in the competition promise, but if there is some other role that will fit him it could be good.

I think it's one of the areas we were told there would be further investing in so there would be room to bring him in without it simply being one in and one out.

Plenty of Lions fans were glad to see Burton go. Our injuries and serious lack of fitness were a huge issue this year and last year. No one else to blame but the fitness coach, really.

Burton himself probably needed a fresh start. Tough gig looking after blokes that go down with long-term injuries.

Confused...really angry right now.

Not sure what is right and wrong.

Apparently Brett Burton is now our senior fitness man next year.

and

Essendon are going to get Woosha as their coach?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's all put the pitch forks down for the time being and see what eventuates.

Could be to add not to replace.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Plenty of Lions fans were glad to see Burton go. Our injuries and serious lack of fitness were a huge issue this year and last year. No one else to blame but the fitness coach, really.

Burton himself probably needed a fresh start. Tough gig looking after blokes that go down with long-term injuries.

I used to criticise Stephen Schwerdt (our fitness coach) back in the Neil Craig years because of our long injury lists every year, but then Craig left and things got much better. What that showed me was that we need to be careful when laying blame for lack of fitness and injuries at the feet of the fitness staff because as supporters we usually don't know the full extent of the head coach's influence in this area.

This does not sound good at all... someone please convince me otherwise!

I used to criticise Stephen Schwerdt (our fitness coach) back in the Neil Craig years because of our long injury lists every year, but then Craig left and things got much better. What that showed me was that we need to be careful when laying blame for lack of fitness and injuries at the feet of the fitness staff because as supporters we usually don't know the full extent of the head coach's influence in this area.

Under Sanderson, we looked too bulky and slow, and we blamed Poulos. Seems like fitness hasn't really been an issue this year, yet Poulos is still the man in charge. I'm guessing the head coach tells the fitness coach what it is they want from the players, and the fitness coach then designs a fitness program to achieve this. Much like they tell the recruiting department what kind of players they need, and the recruiters then go out and fill those needs.

Under Sanderson, we looked too bulky and slow, and we blamed Poulos. Seems like fitness hasn't really been an issue this year, yet Poulos is still the man in charge. I'm guessing the head coach tells the fitness coach what it is they want from the players, and the fitness coach then designs a fitness program to achieve this. Much like they tell the recruiting department what kind of players they need, and the recruiters then go out and fill those needs.
This was discussed before I reckon, as Polous suggested to sando to get fitter and focus more on running and aerobic capacity. But sando from his geelong days wanted high impact players, big on muscle and speed hence the high rotations and injuries. Reckon this was brought up in the review headed by roo. I want to keep Polous, has high end connections and no one's mentioned fitness or injuries this year.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/sport...501736828?sv=cb3cdadfda9dddebcd4ce3332e70e235

Is the Rucci article, no major statements but does mention he thinks Poulos will stay.

My guess is the whole department grows, one plan isn't right for everybody on the list, with injuries, SANFL, young recruits, senior players etc. There are many ways the work could be split up.

Like many I'd be concerned if we're going to scrap all we've got and be led by Burton across the board.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/sport...501736828?sv=cb3cdadfda9dddebcd4ce3332e70e235

Is the Rucci article, no major statements but does mention he thinks Poulos will stay.

My guess is the whole department grows, one plan isn't right for everybody on the list, with injuries, SANFL, young recruits, senior players etc. There are many ways the work could be split up.

Like many I'd be concerned if we're going to scrap all we've got and be led by Burton across the board.
Bloody hell now we are relying on Rucci.

Not having a good night!

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back