Soft fixture finals pretenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your logic fails in that this wouldn't occur in a vacuum. What if those wins went to Sydney and Collingwood and you lost a shitton of percentage?

I've said time and time again, Adelaide does not "automatically" drop to 15 wins if we didn't play GWS and GC twice. I've already stated that it probably had an impact on finishing in the top 2. But the top 4 is a different story.

If we played Carlton and say StK twice, would we have lost those two games? That would have been 3 teams from last years final + Freo who have finished 7th. I think we would have beaten Carlton at home, and a 50/50 match to StK away. Thats 16 or 17 wins, which is still 1-2 games clear of the Eagles.

How does that see us drop to 4th exactly?

I'm all for a equitable draw, but I'm sick of debating the merits of the Adelaide Football Club's 2012 season. We didn't create the draw, the AFL handed it too us. It will be obvious if the AFC are a legitimate finals team if they win on Friday Night.

Yeah. Except the Saints would still be a game out of the eight...

All this talk of deserving to make finals is crap. We won enough games to be there. Two games clear of 9th with 14 wins ain't exactly scraping in.

As for soft draw? I would happily swap 2012's draw for doubles against Geelong, Hawthorn (one in melb), Essendon, Carlton, and Collingwood.
The deluded mind of some Saints fans on this site blows my mind. They played the bottom 4 teams 7 times, just like us! The only difference is they played Dees twice while we played GWS twice. Yet they still think they're entitled to finals even though they finished 2 games behind us. Unbelievable.

The deluded mind of some Saints fans on this site blows my mind. They played the bottom 4 teams 7 times, just like us! The only difference is they played Dees twice while we played GWS twice. Yet they still think they're entitled to finals even though they finished 2 games behind us. Unbelievable.

TBH after Sunday Norf should never be allowed to play a final again.

St Kilda is next, so they get the spot.

I think it is up to us to give motivation for our team to win, the AFL can give low draft picks and soft draws to those teams which finish outside of the eight, but fans should only become members of clubs which showed some heart during the season.

2012_17.png
2012 ladder each team having played every other once.​
2012_2nd.png
2012: Each finalists results from their 2nd meeting matches.​
9_12_2nd.png
2012: 9th to 12th placed teams' results from their 2nd meeting matches.​

adelaide are still a vry dangerous side, with guys like dangerfield, thompson , tippett ( when he turns up ) , walker and sloane, they can give alot of teams trouble, they came up against a very switched sydney ... with the pressure sydney heaped on their adelaide opposition they would have shut down alot of teams... i say wait till fridays game before judging adelaide

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back