Song Contest Part XXII, Host: Purple7x08_24, Theme: Gone Girl, Noms Due: Friday 8am AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

There were three nationalities in a toilet.

One was Russian, one was Finnish and one was Papuan.

There were four guys visiting the infamous red-light district of Amsterdam. All different nationalities.
One was Finnish, one was Russian, one was Himalayan. The last guy was Irish, waiting for the red light to change.

Judge Judy GIF by Lifetime Telly
Not yet. Maybe in the morning

Results won't likely be until the morning if the times of the theme announcement and nom release are anything to go by.
Is there a rule on timeliness? Let me check.... you guys wait here...

I've been watching Doctor Who.

A while back I decided to start from the start, from the 60's, some episodes lost, lots of B&W.

Currently up to the 4th Doctor, just finished "The Genesis of the Daleks".

Anyhow see you on Friday 7... there was something else..., nope, can't recall...

In the late 90s at my school, one of the guys "Alex" was a prodigy, a genius. Alex was the kind of student who aced every test, solved complex equations for fun, and even taught the teachers a thing or two about quantum physics. The accolades piled up like textbooks on a library shelf.

Fast forward thirteen years. I caught up with him on the Sunshine Coast at a marine park. There he was, clad in a wetsuit, feeding fish to dolphins and scrubbing algae off the glass tanks. I was in disbelief as to how he could have fallen so far.

I looked at him, puzzled, shaking my head, “what the hell are you doing here? You could have been a high-profile stockbroker, an engineer, a scientist—anything! And yet, you’re feeding fish to a ******* porpoise.”

Alex grinned, his eyes reflecting the shimmering water. “You know,” he said, “I finally found my porpoise.”
IMG_0033.jpeg

Last edited:
In the late 90s at my school, one of the guys "Alex" was a prodigy, a genius. Alex was the kind of student who aced every test, solved complex equations for fun, and even taught the teachers a thing or two about quantum physics. The accolades piled up like textbooks on a library shelf.

Fast forward thirteen years. I caught up with him on the Sunshine Coast at a marine park. There he was, clad in a wetsuit, feeding fish to dolphins and scrubbing algae off the glass tanks. I was in disbelief as to how he could have fallen so far.

I looked at him, puzzled, shaking my head, “what the hell are you doing here? You could have been a high-profile stockbroker, an engineer, a scientist—anything! And yet, you’re feeding fish to a ******* porpoise.”

Alex grinned, his eyes reflecting the shimmering water. “You know,” he said, “I finally found my porpoise.”
Glad that wasn't as long as the Norm MacDonald version.

In the event of a tie the song with the least Billy Madison votes will win on countback. If still tied, the song with the most 5 votes will be given the victory.
this will have a significant affect on the result...

everyone is asleep anyway...

so in last place is...

spudmaster with a decripid 5 points. (32BB). harsh treatment to my favourite Warriors recruit...that I recuited myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

everyone is asleep anyway...

so in last place is...

spudmaster with a decripid 5 points. (32BB). harsh treatment to my favourite Warriors recruit...that I recuited myself.
What was the artist/song?

so much whinging, I thought this was supposed to be fun?

Last: spudmaster - Dire Straights, 5 points(32BB)
11th: por_please_ya - Stars, 6 points (123)
10th: Saint - Less Than Jake, 8 points (521BB)
9th: myblueroan - Pink Panther, 9 points (414)
9th: Fossie 32 - Chicago, 9 points (22113B)
8th: RedmanWasHere - Primal Scream, 11 points (245)

7th: Son of Purple - Weiner Philharmonica, 13 points (1525BBB)

yes, the Billy winner is a Benny of Purple7x08_24 !!

your avatar is now

1715209715783.png

6th: raskolnikov - Goldfinger, 17points (223334B)
5th: Chipmunk - Lethal Bizzle, 18points (545112B)
3th: omgfridge - kamasi washington, 20 points(245144)
3rd: Ocha905 - Nick Cave, 20 points (133355B)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back