Opinion Speculation over - Eade Coach

Who will be our next Coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a fence sitter as well, but if Bluey raked Harbrow over the coals regarding the Bulldogs finals, that's pretty far out of line IMO.

dont really care.

I will say it now,, i said it in a thread i started and it got deleted. But next year we will be fulll of drama, doubt we make finals, and clay turns to crap.

I hope im wrong. But its not a good end. The beginning willl have a stench. Just watch.

We have stopped building. POSITIVE CLUB BUILDS. we ARE NOW AT A POINT WHERE WE NEED TO GET MUCH FROM WHAT WE ALREADY HAVE BUILT as the building is ended and we demand more or all from what we have. (Sorry about the bold, its my pc)

Im with a building club. Everyone is engaged. Big difference.

dont really care.

I will say it now,, i said it in a thread i started and it got deleted. But next year we will be fulll of drama, doubt we make finals, and clay turns to crap.

I hope im wrong. But its not a good end. The beginning willl have a stench. Just watch.

We have stopped building. POSITIVE CLUB BUILDS. we ARE NOW AT A POINT WHERE WE NEED TO GET MUCH FROM WHAT WE ALREADY HAVE BUILT as the building is ended and we demand more or all from what we have. (Sorry about the bold, its my pc)

Im with a building club. Everyone is engaged. Big difference.

When did we stop building? Please direct me to the negative trending KPI's? If you can try to avoid answering this question with your usual tripe, I just want the facts.

Jeez you guys are dramatic. What was your prediction at the end of 2013? What was your expectations? These 2 questions are primarily directed at the last 2 posters Ben Drever and GcSunsfan

- We have improved every single year.
- Melbourne have had a heap of top 20 draft picks if not more than we have and have not come good. Therefore top end talent does not equal success.
- We do have a game plan, and if you fail to see the game then that is your issue. You will notice that the game plan is to win contested ball/clearance which we are one of the top teams in perhaps thanks to our midfield coach? Get the hard ball first, beat them in the middle get first use. Then guess what flick it out wide as quickly as possible to an outside player and use the wings. You will notice the gameplan doesn't want us to use the corridor in general play due to knowing our list, and our capabilities and our defence. If we went guns blazing down the corridor our defence is too young to withstand that. That's understanding your list, and where your players are at.
We can't play like a Port/Hawthorn/Geelong and blaze down the middle, if we turn it over we are cooked as we're not quite physically/mentally matured yet. So you play a game plan to your strengths and try to limit your weaknesses.
- We lost our captain, which is compounded by the fact the midfield brigade is probably the youngest in the competition. Find a younger midfield when Gaz is not there. GWS have more experience than ours with Mumford, Ward, Palmer in their mids - we occasionally might have Stanley or Rischa run through, but that's a rarity.
- Injuries, we had a swag of them this year and 2nd half of the year was not settled whatsoever. Expect fluctuation in performance with the experience we were putting out there.
- Top 3 at our best and fairest were under 22. Prestia, Lynch, Swallow - where was Stanley? Rischa? Harbs? We have a significant hole in our list in the 23-28 yr old age bracket.
- Our forward line isn't that bad - Lynchy kicked over 40 goals, and our points for this year we are ranked 9th - we're middle of the road yes. But s**t if you look at the potential of our forward line and the upside their its going ok. Considering we score more points than the likes of Richmond, Essendon, Bulldogs, Collingwood that's ok by me cause at the moment we have matured over the last 18 months to a mid table team, the next challenge is to get to the top end of the table. This shows development and we are moving in the right direction.

Alright end of rant. :)

Bluey is fine in my opinion - he needs better support though. We also need 2 or 3 more experienced players, particularly with our delisted/retired from the last 12 months. Murphy, Bock, Brown, Warnock

Excellent post.

I think it is pretty obvious that the type of fans on here who are whinging and carrying on are mostly not long time posters. They appeared round the time we started winning a lot of games. What that says about what type of fan they are is pretty self explanatory ;)

Excellent post.
I think it is pretty obvious that the type of fans on here who are whinging and carrying on are mostly not long time posters. They appeared round the time we started winning a lot of games. What that says about what type of fan they are is pretty self explanatory ;)

Lol. Really don't think bandwagoners are jumping on with a team that didn't even make the finals this year, and got crushed in every game to end the season.

When did we stop building? Please direct me to the negative trending KPI's? If you can try to avoid answering this question with your usual tripe, I just want the facts.
what we doing now.....next month, new players, trades, etc? you want short trades? yeah, suns may be an option....depends when you sell.......mid year is my tip...:)

Lol. Really don't think bandwagoners are jumping on with a team that didn't even make the finals this year, and got crushed in every game to end the season.

I politely disagree. They hopped on during the purple patch and now it didn't keep going they are up in arms.

I locked them today and forgot to post why, but let me explain now - Thought it was not really of any benefit to the board to have 3 threads in action discussing the same thing - We already have a season debriefing thread open somewhere, so bumping just to prove a point is just silly.

I will find the debrief thread and might even sticky it :)

why locked?

I'm honestly not sure. One of those was locked before my time. Don't know on the other.

Seems strange as well that you can post in them despite them saying locked. Perhaps a bug in the old software.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I politely disagree. They hopped on during the purple patch and now it didn't keep going they are up in arms.
Some of the people wanting Bluey fired in this thread joined well before the Sun's purple patch. All you have to do is look back through this thread for the people complaining and read their join date. Also, I am probably one of the newest members in this thread and I don't want Bluey fired.

Basically, it just seems like you made an unjustified swipe. Might want to reconsider. That's all.

Sooooo back on topic.

I have 2 questions for everyone, and 3rd for those with magical powers.

1st. Who is potential head coach candidate if Bluey were to be marched?
2nd. Who can we inject int the coaching/development staff?
3rd. Can a mod turn this thread with a poll on some scenarios that a foreseeable over the next couple weeks? Fact is if anything is going to happen it will be now because of trade and draft window opening in a few weeks.

I dont think we really need a poll. The meeting is in 3 days but feel free to discuss away

I think Guy will remain coach. If not i'm not too sure who would be my next candidate

Would much prefer he kept his job and we brought in some great assistant coaches to lighten the load :)

I dont think we really need a poll. The meeting is in 3 days but feel free to discuss away

I think Guy will remain coach. If not i'm not too sure who would be my next candidate

Would much prefer he kept his job and we brought in some great assistant coaches to lighten the load :)

I agree, most here know I think Okeefe should be a target and groomed into a forward coach. Stick him in a forward pocket coach and lead on field, and offer an assistant role after 1 year. Also wouldn't mind maybe a Riciutto I don't like him in the media, but wouldn't mind him to bolster the midfield development. Arguably our midfield have the biggest talent upside and the most important group on the field, we need to ensure they have everything possible around them to develop them to their fullest potential.

Pretty much how I feel too.

"We will have a vigorous review and if anything comes out of that I will make any announcements then, that's how we operate." John Witheriff

Some of the people wanting Bluey fired in this thread joined well before the Sun's purple patch. All you have to do is look back through this thread for the people complaining and read their join date. Also, I am probably one of the newest members in this thread and I don't want Bluey fired.

Basically, it just seems like you made an unjustified swipe. Might want to reconsider. That's all.

Or you may want to go back and read my post. Notice the word 'mostly'?

I am obviously aware that some offenders are long time posters and some new posters are great in that they don't get carried away. Don't be so quick to be defensive, I was addressing a trend.

Sooooo back on topic.

I have 2 questions for everyone, and 3rd for those with magical powers.

1st. Who is potential head coach candidate if Bluey were to be marched?
2nd. Who can we inject int the coaching/development staff?
3rd. Can a mod turn this thread with a poll on some scenarios that a foreseeable over the next couple weeks? Fact is if anything is going to happen it will be now because of trade and draft window opening in a few weeks.

I would want someone of Clarkson or Thompson's calibre to even begin to think about sacking Bluey.

As for two I am not too sure and the details aren't too important. What we need to do though is find a way to gather enough coin to poach the best assistant in the land to add to our team. As well as a retiring player or two. That should set us up. We also need a restructure in the coaching department too I believe.

Brendon Bolton could be a name being tossed around. He has a strong reputation for being good with young, developing players; I can't think of anybody else worth considering to be honest.
Not a bad option as an assistant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back