Opinion Speculation over - Eade Coach

Who will be our next Coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going to the Demons as their next coach.

Which club would you rather be a part of..
The youngest team in the AFL Winning against some of the biggest clubs and about to take the league by storm in the next couple years. And QLDS beautiful weather
Or
The AFL basket case.. Worst winning percentage in AFL history and Melbourne's miserable weather

Which club would you rather be a part of..
The youngest team in the AFL Winning against some of the biggest clubs and about to take the league by storm in the next couple years. And QLDS beautiful weather
Or
The AFL basket case.. Worst winning percentage in AFL history and Melbourne's miserable weather

Doesn't matter what I want. The man wants a challenge at a senior gig in a city he already lives. Good on him.

Nice, I like the Simon Goodwin option just quietly :)

The drawcard there is to work with P.Roos - learn, mentor and build a club from one of the playing and coaching greats of all time. You can easily see the drawcard.

We have a nice list yes, but we lack resources so its not THAT great of a carrot to come to the Suns in my opinion.

Only thing to be done as supporters is persuade others to join the Suns as members.
I'm slowly getting people I know in Ipswich into the idea of AFL. I usually try and get a few of my locals to play Suns games when they're on, and generally speaking, the crowd will follow the game and cheer when the Suns play well. Hell, even my Mum who's never cared about any sport in her life has asked me to take her along to a game. It's slow work!

Guys just some thoughts from a Western Australian fan, yes and I was there this year when you flogged the Lions at your awesome stadium. Be patient with your coach selection, Bluey deserves one more year. He has been patient with your list and has nurtured it to the BEAST that is about to break out. Hold...! I think you guys are on the cusp of something big. We all see your massive talent, keep riding the wave.

Mike Sheahan wouldn't put his reputation on the line for a supposed made up story

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mike Sheahan wouldn't put his reputation on the line for a supposed made up story

Interesting. Thanks for the video mate.

Not sure what to think of everything at the moment, but I do feel sorry for Bluey. The longer this issue sticks around in the media, true or not, the worse off Bluey will be in the long-term imo. I just want this 'review' over and done with so we can focus on 2015.

Where there's smoke there's fire, and I have a lot of time for Mike Sheahan. I'll be disappointed for Guy but will be content at least if they have snared Bomber, or on the off chance Mark Williams or Worsfold, but they cant do what Brisbane did, sack the coach before locking in the mastermind.

Where there's smoke there's fire, and I have a lot of time for Mike Sheahan. I'll be disappointed for Guy but will be content at least if they have snared Bomber, or on the off chance Mark Williams or Worsfold, but they cant do what Brisbane did, sack the coach before locking in the mastermind.
Yeah I sure as hope we don't do what Bris did.

Wordsfold is definitely a good candidate so is Choco Williams. Recent premiership coaches don't grow on trees.

I hope we can keep Bluey, just needs some older heads in the coaches box as well as on the field

A) why would 'Bomber' Thompson leave GEELONG to go back to Essendon for only a couple of years, then want to pack again??

B) people CANNOT BE SERIOUS in thinking that Worsfold is ANYWHERE NEAR the level of Thompson, Lyon, Malthouse.

C) if we sack our coach now, its the admittance and acceptance of a failed build. It's giving up on what we are trying to create and having to RE-BUILD, however small or large.

D) Bluey is one of the smartest football heads in the business. Trained under te tutelage of Malthouse, he was the first and most promising Head Coach candidate out of a long line of others.

E) premiership coaches are just coaches before they win the big dance. I hate how people give so much INSTANT credence to coaches that win a flag. They were just as good or bad before they won it.

I hope there's not going to be a huge amount of rage here should nothing (as I'm expecting) happen on Thursday. People seem to be building this board meeting up, despite the fact it's been scheduled from months out. It's a very standard process.

It's hard to fathom the board sacking the Coach despite having us knock over some big teams at home this year, and improving on our W/L record.

Something will come out of the meeting, i'm sure, but it wont be Bluey losing his job in my opinion. The AFL public want to see action now so we will get something. The more I think about it the more I think Bluey is going to get an assistant with experience. Someone who has been there before, but does not wish to return to the top level of coaching again atm. Makes more sense then any other outcome

I dont think we really need a poll. The meeting is in 3 days but feel free to discuss away

I think Guy will remain coach. If not i'm not too sure who would be my next candidate

Would much prefer he kept his job and we brought in some great assistant coaches to lighten the load :)
We havent really got an obviouslr replacement. So the poll would be get rid of Bluey and have no one, or keep Bluey and have someone.

If a couple viable alternatives were offered, it might make it more interesting. Bomber has said no, but Roos swore he wouldnt go to the Dees. These blokes are career coaches, and the SUNS list would be enticing....

Brendon Bolton could be a name being tossed around. He has a strong reputation for being good with young, developing players; I can't think of anybody else worth considering to be honest.
Love Bolton. Didnt play to p grade, but i dont see that as a minus. He played a pretty good standard of footy. Some of the best boxing coaches never had a pro fight....Cus Damato only had a few ams.

Love Bolton. Didnt play to p grade, but i dont see that as a minus. He played a pretty good standard of footy. Some of the best boxing coaches never had a pro fight....Cus Damato only had a few ams.
Gregg Popovich, San Antonio Spurs
Erik Spoelstra, Miami Heat
Frank Vogel, Indiana Pacers
Scott Brooks, OKC Thunder

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back