Split threads for Gameday and Good Bad Ugly - anyone interested?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about a Carmo and Jenny board, and the rest of us living here in reality can post on this board.
Oh, there’s a few more that would post on that board.

The stupid thing with Carmos suggestion is it’s just created another thread where by opposite groups can criticise each others posting

Are you suggesting that negative comments can't be analysis?
I've mentioned the split of the threads 5 times. On four occaisions the split was optimist / pessimist and on one it was venting vs analysis.

Nowhere did I say analysis can't be negative.

Hang on, you think those with valid criticisms are venting and the analysis thread is what optimistic posters are doing?
"valid criticisms" is doing a lot of heavy lifting here.

How about we go thru the gameday thread (the first post after the game starts is 79) and you categorise what proportion of say the first 100 posts on the game is useful insightful criticism vs venting for me? I mean I've done it, but I don't want to put data in your mouth so to speak, so you can do it for yourself?

We could do the same sort of thing for GBU if you want.

The positive thread would be nothing but rolling tumbleweeds and the sound of crickets.
I dunno if that's meant to sound discouraging to me, but the more I think about it the more I might not mind. The only thing that would worry me was if I was the only one in there! I can just talk to myself in my own lounge room for far less effort than posting on an internet forum.

If it were to be a thing, the most logical solution would be a ‘Positive’ and ‘Analysis’ thread after a win, and a ‘Negative’ and ‘Analysis’ thread after a loss

But it still seems complicated to manage
I wouldn't expect the mods to manage it on the fly.
As I said, we all have a fair idea in which group we belong. You'd just hope that everyone was mature enough not to go shitposting on the other groups thread.

I might make a second gameday thread this week and see how it goes. I might wait until the start of the game, if we go a few goals down then I'll make it:grinv1:

Oh, there’s a few more that would post on that board.

The stupid thing with Carmos suggestion is it’s just created another thread where by opposite groups can criticise each others posting
If I didn't see your posts, which I wouldn't if there were separate threads because there's no way I'd look in the pessimists thread, I couldnt think of anything I'd less prefer to do, which means I would have nothing to criticise, would I?

If I didn't see your posts, which I wouldn't if there were separate threads because there's no way I'd look in the pessimists thread, I couldnt think of anything I'd less prefer to do, which means I would have nothing to criticise, would I?
I’m talking about this thread which has basically turned into a thread to criticise each other all because another one of your idiotic posts.

You know there’s an ignore option right?

I’m talking about this thread which has basically turned into a thread to criticise each other all because another one of your idiotic posts.

I think it might be fun. I'm keen to post in both threads.

#Kramerlogic

Kramer: This thread is bad because it has a heap of criticism in it

Note that of the 6 criticisms in this thread Kramer has done four of them (and I'd say all of them are directed at me)

Me: Hmm, Kramer, if you're so concerned about criticism, especially in this thread, do you think there's anything within your power that might be able to fix that????

Also Me: Based on the above you can see why perhaps I'm not so keen to comment around here.

I've never had anyone on ignore ever, but I have to admit, if I did a big cull, it might be the solution I'm after.

#Kramerlogic

Kramer: This thread is bad because it has a heap of criticism in it

Note that of the 6 criticisms in this thread Kramer has done four of them (and I'd say all of them are directed at me)

Me: Hmm, Kramer, if you're so concerned about criticism, especially in this thread, do you think there's anything within your power that might be able to fix that????

Also Me: Based on the above you can see why perhaps I'm not so keen to comment around here.

I've never had anyone on ignore ever, but I have to admit, if I did a big cull, it might be the solution I'm after.
You’re either can’t count or you’ve got a pretty biased interpretation of criticism to suit your count.

Do you think anyone actually cares if you’re not keen to comment around here? And to think you want two threads just so your sensitivities can be accommodated. But there is nothing stopping you creating the threads.

But if you’re going to put me on ignore, let me know so I can start the optimistic thread ;)

And the other thing Carmo, this thread has got to 2 pages. Take out our posts and it wouldn’t be a page. That goes to show how good idea your suggestion is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the other thing Carmo, this thread has got to 2 pages. Take out our posts and it wouldn’t be a page. That goes to show how good idea your suggestion is.
Will be interesting to see which thread gets the most posts tomorrow night

Meh, what I've found on other internet forums is there tends to be a group of betas that are loud, post all the time and have each others backs. Then there will be a large crowd of people that have no time for them, but also don't have the energy to tell them they think they're losers, lest the little betas start attacking them. No different here.

Am I supposed to be bothered by the lack of posts if you guys didn't post, that's not something that bothers me, its sounds really enticing.

Meh, what I've found on other internet forums is there tends to be a group of betas that are loud, post all the time and have each others backs. Then there will be a large crowd of people that have no time for them, but also don't have the energy to tell them they think they're losers, lest the little betas start attacking them. No different here.

Am I supposed to be bothered by the lack of posts if you guys didn't post, that's not something that bothers me, its sounds really enticing.
You found that did you? Is this another one of your thought bubbles? Or was there a poll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back