Sponsor Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting article here. Forget who it's by, still a bit of an insight into the current situation. I don't expect either BOQ or Conergy to stick around as major sponsors next year personally.

Brisbane Lions are on desperate hunt for major sponsors

THE Lions are in the hunt for major sponsors to fill a multi-million dollar hole next year with expectations Conergy and BOQ will not renew their annual commitments.
The two major sponsors, who will contribute upwards of $3m combined in 2012 in the final year of back-ended deals, are both considering downgrading or ending entirely their involvement with the club because of the tough economic climate.

Interesting article here. Forget who it's by, still a bit of an insight into the current situation. I don't expect either BOQ or Conergy to stick around as major sponsors next year personally.

Brisbane Lions are on desperate hunt for major sponsors
I think that the boys' grit and competitiveness can be marketed to other keen sponsors who are a little more stable and better off. I'm not worried about the sponsorship situation.

I think that the boys' grit and competitiveness can be marketed to other keen sponsors who are a little more stable and better off. I'm not worried about the sponsorship situation.

A few more wins this year combined with a new logo/jumper design for next year should set us up pretty well I think. Not worried either, but would love to get a big company on board like we had with Vodafone a few years back. There's definitely a few benefits that come from having a very well known sponsor.

Brisbane Rio Tinto Lions ... BHP Lions ... Can Do Lions *grin* ... CM Lions (ok taking the piss that one)

That article is surprising in some ways. I am surprised Hammo has actually got quotes from Holmes & seems to have made some attempts to contact the club's sponsors. I am not surprised that Hammo's ignored what Holmes said entirely.

The share info, plight of Conergy and BoQ all nicely googled.

Have no issue with the club putting out the feelers to see what's the best deal out there - even if it invites 'the sky is falling' articles like this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup

A6qB6KbCcAAWsK7.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back