Sponsor Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Maccas are not the enemy....its up to parents to take responsibility for what their kids eat.

Am rapt we have another sponsor.....why feel anything other than elation for the club?...

... Maccas are just another business advertising to the masses..just like other food products are advertised.

..can't recall the last time I saw a kids happy meal ad.

oh, and they are sponsoring us now....instead of the Pies!:p

If they were advertising to the parents I wouldn't have an issue, but advertising to the kids (and in this case they are specifically sponsoring the kids-centric activities, so there's no argument that that isn't the case) is predatory behaviour designed to get those who don't know better interested in something that's pretty explicitly not good for them.

I
This reminds me of an Auskick game that I saw at the Gabba at half time once. All of the kids were quite skinny and energetic, except this one. He wasn't able to get any air time or run all that very fast. At the end of their games they usually have to trot off the ground pretty quickly. All the kids left the ground but the tubby little fellow couldn't break into more than a light canter broken by occasional walks.

He was still coming off as the players and ump were coming on and a parent from the side ran in and picked him up to carry him off.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that Auskick can be hilariously entertaining.
Yep, love the Auskick pugsleys, they are an archetype. As is the skinny blonde girl with plaits who ends up BOG, and the really tiny lad who's trousers keep falling down who gets gifted the last kick of the game by the umpire.

Geez i miss auskick, bring on the footy.

I
Yep, love the Auskick pugsleys, they are an archetype. As is the skinny blonde girl with plaits who ends up BOG, and the really tiny lad who's trousers keep falling down who gets gifted the last kick of the game by the umpire.

Geez i miss auskick, bring on the footy.

I always get a chuckle from the ones that just do cartwheels.

Any new sponsor is the good thing. West Coast have Hungry Jacks. I can't see a problem with. People are responsible for what goes in the mouth, not the takeaways. In the case of children parents are responsible. That aside, there is nothing wrong with a cheat meal now and again, so long as its a cheat meal. Everything in moderation.

If they were advertising to the parents I wouldn't have an issue, but advertising to the kids (and in this case they are specifically sponsoring the kids-centric activities, so there's no argument that that isn't the case) is predatory behaviour designed to get those who don't know better interested in something that's pretty explicitly not good for them.

Sounds like our jumper.

All the parents have to do is say no. As they say discipline is just deciding between what you want now, in this case a quite kid, and what you want long term, in this case a healthy kid. Just be disciplined. It's also the responsibility of the parents to educate their kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why couldn't McDonald's be our major supporter.. the national storage logo is hella ugly

why couldn't McDonald's be our major supporter.. the national storage logo is hella ugly

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Tough gig getting major sponsors in a competitive market and a struggling economy.

I for one welcome our National Storage overlords.

hail.jpg

I would also like to add that as BigFooty's most prolific poster, I could be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground storage caves.

I feel like we missed out on perhaps securing sponsorship from this inanimate carbon rod:

160114d1332398116-carbon-rod-rod.jpg

Now that's a brand you can trust.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Tough gig getting major sponsors in a competitive market and a struggling economy.

I for one welcome our National Storage overlords.

View attachment 14739

I would also like to add that as BigFooty's most prolific poster, I could be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground storage caves.

LOL!

That logo is still better looking than the Paddlepop lion. :cool:

Laughed big time at that embarrassing "we won a quarter" promotion at Metricon last year, now we are doing to too. :oops:

Don't forget to redeem your free fried garbage and plastic burger today if you are so inclined.

Already publicised but the announcement from the sponsor's website

On the verge of the 2014 season the Brisbane Lions are thrilled to announce a new partnership with Australia's largest publicly listed software company, TechnologyOne.

TechnologyOne will become the Club’s new ball and player shorts partner for the 2014 season.

“This is an exciting new partnership, with a fantastic, Australian company and we are thrilled to welcome TechnologyOne to the Lions’ family,” said Lions CEO, Malcolm Holmes.

“There are strong synergies between the two companies and we are both resolute in our endeavours to guarantee long-term success.”

“TechnologyOne is headquartered in Brisbane. It knows our city and the passion that Queenslanders have for sport and we are thrilled to have them on board!”

Founded in 1987, TechnologyOne provides deeply integrated enterprise software that powers thousands of the leading corporations, government departments and statutory authorities around the world.

"We're very pleased to partner with the Lions and support this great Queensland team, said Adrian Di Marco, TechnologyOne's Executive Chairman. "Like the Lions, we understand the need to fight hard and play smart to triumph against our competitors. We wish the Lions the best of luck for the 2014 season."

http://www.technologyonecorp.com/about-us/media/news/articles/lions-align-with-technologyone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back