• Robert Harvey

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Gringo

Votes: 27 12.1%
  • Other

Votes: 12 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The brief seems to be a strong take no prisoners brief and Lyon and Burns fit the mould.
Another couple not mentioned are Brenton Sanderson and Justin Leppatisch.
Some of Sanderson work on sen Thursday analysis is exceptional.
I vote Gringo to the board, he was identifying these issues mid year.

My manager told me this morning that he caught up with a mate involved with our club, I won’t name names but he has a match day role, over the weekend and said Lyon is a done deal. Pushed by Dal Santo, Riewoldt and Blake and it was locked in before Ratten got the flick
st-kilda-runner-tony-brown-is-seen-wearing-a-face-mask-during-the-11-picture-id1320635843

My manager told me this morning that he caught up with a mate involved with our club, I won’t name names but he has a match day role, over the weekend and said Lyon is a done deal. Pushed by Dal Santo, Riewoldt and Blake and it was locked in before Ratten got the flick

could be the reason why Lenny came back?

Instead of bringing back Ross Lyon, go back to the bloke who started our revolution of being a professional club, from a party club.
Kenny Sheldon & he's only 62y.o, seven years older than Lyon. And he took us to 2 final's series in 91'& 92' in his 3 year reign. We hadn't previously played in finals since 1973.

Last edited:
Instead of bringing back Ross Lyon, go back to the bloke who started our revolution of being a professional club, from a party club.
Kenny Sheldon & he's only 62y.o, seven years older than Lyon. And he took us to 2 final's series in 91'& 92' in his 3 year reign. We hadn't previously played in finals since 1973.
Why not rehire Stan Alves hes only 76. He took us to a Grand Final in '97 ;) We hadn't previously made a Grand Final since 1971. It's a pity Allan Jeans isn't still around to hire as he took us to back-to-back Grand Finals in 1965 & 1966 with a Premiership in 1966 and another Grand Final in 1971. Not to mention what he did at Hawthorn. 89 is barely even old nowadays. If we're not taking death as an obstacle we could always did up George Sparrow and appoint him. ;)

Screw it lets rehire all our old coaches and we can rotate through them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not rehire Stan Alves hes only 76. He took us to a Grand Final in '97 ;) We hadn't previously made a Grand Final since 1971. It's a pity Allan Jeans isn't still around to hire as he took us to back-to-back Grand Finals in 1965 & 1966 with a Premiership in 1966 and another Grand Final in 1971. Not to mention what he did at Hawthorn. 89 is barely even old nowadays. If we're not taking death as an obstacle we could always did up George Sparrow and appoint him. ;)

Screw it lets rehire all our old coaches and we can rotate through them.
I was going to mention Stan, but yeah, at 76y.o, probably not.

I am ok if its Lyon. Hird is totally unacceptable. Otherwise its Lenny for me.
The gaul of Hird to go for the Essendon job again? What an over-inflated ego he's got.
And Lyon & his defensive structure, used to bore & frustrate the hell out of me.
As well as his rather long boring speeches.
And that defensive structure was undone, in 4? Grand Finals.

I was going to mention Stan, but yeah, at 76y.o, probably not.
Grant Thomas is only 64 may as well hire him back too. You think Alan Richardson, Scott Watters and Tim Watson might be worth a call?

Plus why are we limiting ourselves to ex-coaches? How about we interview the super fans. I'm sure Eric Bana and Molly would be willing to take on the job.

Last edited:
Haven’t seen it mentioned but a caller to Sen Dwayne’s World said would be announced on Thursday
Director of Coaching Mark Williams
‘Coach Adam Yze
A better option to RTB I am thinking

Last edited:
Back