Review St Kilda vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

It's funny thinking how good we were hitting targets yesterday and just two weeks ago against Carlscum, well........... let's not go there.

I think a lot of this comes down to having a couple of cool heads in the team, especially Fisher, I reckon every time he went near it he used it well.

I've watched it twice today, both times were glorious. Hearing Dermott and co. talk about how the Dockers were going to come out blazing and the Saints would have to fight to maintain their lead, WRONG. 3rd quarter was amazing by the guys, straight back to it, no sluggish start to the 2nd half great snap by Armo and if we had have kicked a bit straighter for goal could have legit been 100 points up. What a great effort as a unit and each individual player. If every player pulls up good I would just make the 1 inclusion for Dempster.

Last edited:
Dempster will get two weeks off so will be right for the next round

I've watched it twice today, both times were glorious. Hearing Dermott and co. talk about how the Dockers were going to come out blazing and the Saints would have to fight to maintain their lead, WRONG. 3rd quarter was amazing by the guys, straight back to it, no sluggish start to the 2nd half great snap by Armo and if we had have kicked a bit straighter for goal could have legit been 100 points up. What a great effort as a unit and each individual player. If every pulls up good I would just make the 1 inclusion for Dempster.
6 goals 8 behinds in the 3rd quarter.... Geez I wish that was 10.4 instead! 3/4 time lead would have been 88 points :eek: :cool:

Andrew Wallis (i think) who updates the injury news said Sam Gilbert will be back for the Gold Coast game not sure what to make of that, you'd think at least 2 weeks in the VFL.

I'd put Gilbo on ice for the year. Play him in the VFL but noneed to risk him.

Fish and Schneids had to come in based on VFL form and we needed to see if they were still good enough to go on next year.

Gilbert, Geary, Steven, Hickey, Acres... Reward VFL form but no rush on any of them coming back in the last few games.

I went to fry up an egg for breaky sat morn. When I cracked it open it was a double yoker :eek:
I jokingly said to my wife "its a sign from the footy gods that we will win today" She just gave me the :rolleyes: face.
It looks like the egg never lies. The Wife might get a bit cranky the morning of our next game when she walks into the kitchen to find this
egg-shells-2.jpg

I will find another one if it kills me:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went to fry up an egg for breaky sat morn. When I cracked it open it was a double yoker :eek:
I jokingly said to my wife "its a sign from the footy gods that we will win today" She just gave me the :rolleyes: face.
It looks like the egg never lies. The Wife might get a bit cranky the morning of our next game when she walks into the kitchen to find this
egg-shells-2.jpg

I will find another one if it kills me:p
Get the heaviest eggs - I once got multiple double yolks. Might have been in 2010, can't remember...

Ok...

Great game and effort.

I am now convinced that Armo should be our next skipper.

Fwd line worked well and Bruce worked hard all game. But that is what someone like Lee should be doing because we will need Bruce at CHB eventually.

You don't appreciate how good Fisher is until he's back at his best.

One game does not make Stanley a KPF, but if he can average 2 goals per game as fwd/ruck then that will be great. If he goes beyond that, then that's a bonus.

Longer is lost up fwd and if Rhys continues his form then it will be a great battle between Longer and Hickey for the #1 spot... all good.

Murdoch is an interesting one with massive upside.

Savage has finally settled and is deadly by foot - just what we need.

As some one else commented... if Ray becomes a bottom 6 player then we are looking good.

These sorts of results pose more questions than provide answers for the future.

The best thing about the game was our game plan. I've been despairing in recent times at our insistence in chipping around the boundary line. Instead today we went through the middle when the opportunity was there and I relaxed - if we chip round the boundary because our confidence is shot and we refuse to risk playing the proper game plan, well that happens. I was just worried that that was what we'd been told to do.

The other pleasing thing was how our structure worked. Having Fisher in his old role was fantastic. Having Savage in Gram's old role was almost as good - his turnaround in form has been monumental, and Armo said this morning that the players had given him a spray about a month back. The forward structure was also great - Bruce didn't have a lot of the ball but really played the third tall role well - they had to man him up as he made a lot of aerial contests and he was also good defensively, as you need a third tall to be. In addition, Murdoch is almost a fourth tall. I think having him up there is a real bonus - I saw him play one game at Etihad last year as a short CHF and he did a great job. Our forward line seems much more potent with him there.

The best thing about the game was our game plan. I've been despairing in recent times at our insistence in chipping around the boundary line. Instead today we went through the middle when the opportunity was there and I relaxed - if we chip round the boundary because our confidence is shot and we refuse to risk playing the proper game plan, well that happens. I was just worried that that was what we'd been told to do.

The other pleasing thing was how our structure worked. Having Fisher in his old role was fantastic. Having Savage in Gram's old role was almost as good - his turnaround in form has been monumental, and Armo said this morning that the players had given him a spray about a month back. The forward structure was also great - Bruce didn't have a lot of the ball but really played the third tall role well - they had to man him up as he made a lot of aerial contests and he was also good defensively, as you need a third tall to be. In addition, Murdoch is almost a fourth tall. I think having him up there is a real bonus - I saw him play one game at Etihad last year as a short CHF and he did a great job. Our forward line seems much more potent with him there.

Murdoch very impressive. Playing pretty deep he had 11 touches, 6 marks and 4 shots at goal. He should've had a 5th shot when he tackled a Docker in the forward pocket but for some reason Armo ended up with the shot. If all things fell for Brody he could've kicked 4-5 goals.

Murdoch very impressive. Playing pretty deep he had 11 touches, 6 marks and 4 shots at goal. He should've had a 5th shot when he tackled a Docker in the forward pocket but for some reason Armo ended up with the shot. If all things fell for Brody he could've kicked 4-5 goals.
I think somebody said that was an in the back to Armo...

i was extremely impressed with his improvement. and that boot holy crap!!! some of those passes were deadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back