Standardised premiership tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe you need to believe that, but there is genuinely no pain here. Let me tell ya, I'm very happy we won our flags before the era of less pressure. Melbourne, Geelong & Collingwood won after the emasculation, and that's a fact.

More hurt. Every little inference just shows more pain. That Premiership drought from a bygone era is eating at you.

Ok, fair post, but you aren't counting how you happen to get the players that got you those 3 premierships, you were crap for years getting high draft picks so you hopefully pick up the better draft picks.

Yes I know some teams have been lucky with FS's but imagine how good Geelong could have been if they were also tanking for picks.
We weren't tanking though we were just that bad, still not at Norf levels but pretty ordinary. Geelong wouldn't have got those F/S players so easily under current rules, they rorted the system before it was a system.

Don't forget Dusty was pick 3, thanks Dees and Cotch was pick 2 thanks to Carlolton tanking the Kreuzer cup, also got Rance in 2007

So if you add this year..........
I suspect a 10 year old wrote the article.

'The major anomaly being Richmond'.

The fact a premiership win was worth 5 times as much as Grand Final loss, and 25 times as much as a Preliminary Final loss, they might as well have just listed the teams in order of number of flags won.

But they're surprised that a team who has barely played finals for 90% of the timeframe referenced, finished behind teams who have finished top 4 more often than they haven't?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back