Movie Star Wars - Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Well a "Mary Sue" is inherently female, so it does. SJW as a concept has nothing to do with gender and race as a criticism. It's broader.
No it’s not. Mary Sue is a term that can be applied to male characters as well.

the spin masters too proud to admit when wrong. thats even why you guys are locked into interminable debates between yourselves....cant admit when wrong.

but it doesnt work on GG.

I thank you for the likes but you are referring to yourself in the 3rd person.

That's at least the 3rd of 4th step in the "you are confirmed insane" 5 step plan.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

male characters CAN be referred to as mary sue as well.

Eh, irrelevant to my point that Jack was wrong to call a comment about SJW sexist, since he tends to call people using the term Mary Sue sexist.

Well a "Mary Sue" is inherently female, so it does. SJW as a concept has nothing to do with gender and race as a criticism. It's broader.
What on earth are you trying to say here. Because SJW is a pejorative that covers many things, it actually diminishes its effect? SJW is a broad term used to whinge about everything from women to people of other races to sexual identity. You know, social justice concepts like equality. It absolutely can be sexist (and racist) and usually is. When people say Star Wars has become too SJW, it invariably relates to the fact it has a woman in a position of strength, a black man in a position of strength, anAsian woman etc.

What on earth are you trying to say here. Because SJW is a pejorative that covers many things, it actually diminishes its effect? SJW is a broad term used to whinge about everything from women to people of other races to sexual identity. You know, social justice concepts like equality. It absolutely can be sexist (and racist) and usually is. When people say Star Wars has become too SJW, it invariably relates to the fact it has a woman in a position of strength, a black man in a position of strength, anAsian woman etc.
Yeah, so what, criticizing something for being SJW makes that person racist, homophobic, mysogynistic and more all at once? Don't be a moron.

No it isn't. Male characters are called Gary Stu/Marty Stus.
They can be called that but often there just called Mary Sues. And the fact that there is a male equivalent defeats your point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They can be called that but often there just called Mary Sues. And the fact that there is a male equivalent defeats your point.
What? I think you've completely misunderstood. I'm saying jack considers it sexist, not me...

No, it guarantees they are on of them (with a high probability they are more than one). Google TLJ and SJW and report back with the sound, reasoned responses you find.
Jack, just stop. Dig up.

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of what SJW means and what it is used for. It is an intellectually vacuous phrase used by people to justify whatever their prejudice of the moment is. But I do admire you ability to agree with someone and still start an argument.

No, you had a fundamental misunderstanding of the point of this discussion. Calling someone sexist purely because they used the term SJW was idiotic.

No, you had a fundamental misunderstanding of the point of this discussion. Calling someone sexist purely because they used the term SJW was idiotic.
Interesting, you claim others have a lack of understanding without correctly understanding what was said. I didn't say GG was sexist, I said he claimed his comments had nothing to with sex and race, but the use of the term SJW suggested otherwise. Which is does; SJW is inextricably linked to issues of sex, race and gender. If you don't think that's true, then there's no point continuing down this path with you. But as I said, google Star Wars and SJW, peruse the comments about how 'feminists are ruining Star Wars', 'white males aren't welcome in Star Wars' and 'Kathleen Kennedy is the devil' and tell me the terms don't relate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back