State of Origin Game 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Why did Inglis play in a dead rubber?
This is why SOO should never come back to AFL, I can't stand seeing star players get injured in pointless games. If it does come back make it at the end of the season.

Why did Inglis play in a dead rubber?
This is why SOO should never come back to AFL, I can't stand seeing star players get injured in pointless games. If it does come back make it at the end of the season.
Ask whether Inglis would rather play in SOO in front of a packed Suncorp stadium and miss a match or two for the Storm, or be banned from playing. :rolleyes:

As for a "pointless match". Well, that's why most Mexicans don't understand State of Origin. No Origin is pointless.

I was there and I was so proud of the way the boys played with no fresh legs. Losing 2 wingers was critical - our attack was out, and we had centres defending on the flanks.

Gee Kimmorley is hopeless.

An amazingly audacious performance from 2 outrageously commited teams. From a neutral's perspective, an absolutely incredible display of what makes RL played at the elite level such a great spectacle.

A bit pissed off about the Melbourne Storm woes, but incredible tv. It just underscores what a crap game Union is by comparison. Congrats to Cam Smith, a fair dinkum master of the game.

That was the best origin game in a while...

Bird your a star! I hate the guy but he is a good player!!

El Magic, your a champion... What a great game he had, sniffed out two QLD tries with great defence and kicked 3 brilliant goals under all sorts of pressure, a true CHAMPION!!!

If El Masri played the whole series NSW would of won IMHO... Lyon provided nothing and King was caught out on the wing so many times in the opening 2 games (He is a centre and i can't blame him)...

Good to see a Real Belter of game, regardless of whether it was a dead-rubber or not.

Well done to NSW, played the situation well in the 2nd half, but a Massive well done to the Maroons players, to battle on with men dropping off around you was a brilliant effort.

Especially Dallas Johnson, knocked cold and yet still came back on put him self on the line time after time in the 2nd half. That shows the passion that these players have for the jumper and the occasion.

A Few decisions went against us last night, that 40/20 should have been given, and im not 100%sure on the Steve Bell incident whether he was taken in goal, but that happens unfortunatly.

Shame about some of the injuries to come out of the game, by the look of Brent Tate's emotions, it could be very serious and i hope that he can get back an play one more game for Brisbane and get the sending off he deserves. Inglis may miss a few i would think, he was really hobbling. I would be suprised if Johnson played this weekend aswell, I think the storm should give him this week off to make sure hes 100%. Nate Myles looked in a fair bit of pain with his shoulder as well.

Give Inglis a month off at least. His knee injury has plagued him all season. Get him right by giving him four to six weeks off and bring him back with two or three games before the finals.

I Agree

It would be bloody scary to bring him back fit and fresh a week or two before the finals.

I Agree

It would be bloody scary to bring him back fit and fresh a week or two before the finals.
Apparantely this injury is not related to his other knee problems that he has been having.
He's having scans today. Hope it's just a minor ligament strain and that he will be back in a month or so.
tate on the other hand looks like he's going for an knee reco which is shocking news. You could last night that he knew his season was over. Was pretty distraught.
With Inglis, the Storm need to make a decision and stick to it. No use just resting him for a week or two and then run the risk of him breaking down completely. We need his X factor in the finals. I'd certainly be erring on the side of caution with this one. We're in the finals adnd a shoe-in for top 2 even without him. Crocker and Kafausi back befoe the finals. Billy back this week. Cronk back next week. Maybe our injury run will take a turn for the better from now on? It can't get much worse. Shows how much depth we have though.

Awesome Game. This is what makes State Of Origin one of the best series in all sport. Superb heart shown by both teams especially the Queenslanders.

Well done to my boys for not losing 3-0. Hopefully they can build and be ready to go next year.

And yes Warwick. Kimmorley was terrible.

awesome game of footy

I'd like to thank Channel Nine for putting the match on at 8:30pm here in Adelaide.

First time we've EVER had Rugby League on at a decent time. EVER

thanks Channel Nine :D

If El Masri played the whole series NSW would of won IMHO... Lyon provided nothing and King was caught out on the wing so many times in the opening 2 games (He is a centre and i can't blame him)...
What a load of tripe.

He offers next to nothing in attack. If Inglis was fit, he would have killed him on the wing.

If El Masri is a "true champion", the game is struggling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see the selectors being shown up- Lyon out, NSW win. Get that Bozo Fulton he is ****ing useless!

As for the injuries-

Inglis is out for 5 weeks
Johnson- unlikely for this week
Tate- season, cruciate and medial gone- knee reconstruction

Kimmorley- 6 to 8 weeks (knee)

Was the charge down that Price did completly wrong?

Obviously there is an argument for yes seeing Kimmorley is out for 6-8.

I thought he was simply going at the ball and his timing was a bit out.

IMO, Greg Birds comments were a little rough.

Was the charge down that Price did completly wrong?

Obviously there is an argument for yes seeing Kimmorley is out for 6-8.

I thought he was simply going at the ball and his timing was a bit out.

IMO, Greg Birds comments were a little rough.

Just an unfortunate incident because Kimmorley turned back inside to kick infield and Price followed him. I hate seeing players whinge about these type of incidents because it could of so easily been a NSW player doing the same thing to Thurston. It was an unlucky incident and one of the risks of playing football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back