Media State of the List

Remove this Banner Ad

In all honesty, why aren't there mods who can delete these off-topic posts?

Maybe there are or maybe I'm just used to the luxury of Gibbsy being a great guy and doing it :hearts:

Gibbsy overmods and he stinks.

Hello.

Welcome to the thread of rhetorical questions. What does this mean?

State of the List – Mt Buller Demons

In an (admittedly very short) episode to hopefully sooth the tension and stop my rolled gold analysis getting lost amongst the controversy that it itself starts, today we look at the Season 18 premiers, the Mt Buller Demons. The mountain men finished 5th during the regular season, managing 10 wins out of a possible 17 for the season. They started their finals campaign off with a bang, flogging the Hawks by 95 points. They then overcame a couple of more challenging games, particularly the 2 point prelim win against the Bandits, to make the Grand Final, which they duly won.

Off field, the Demons have an extremely settled list, but is this a good thing? Can fresh blood rejuvenate them towards another flag tilt? Also of note is that the Demons are the second side I have come across that doesn’t have someone doing posting stats. Props to Eth for keeping the match statistics up and running, perhaps someone else needs to take some responsibility?

A+ Grade

Unfortunately I just can’t rate any of the Demons as having had an A+ season. There were just players missing a tiny piece of the puzzle required to be the true all-rounder required here. Whether it be league wide presence, statistics work, match thread posting or on-field performance, some posters listed below just didn’t quite put it together enough. All it takes is a poster to take one little step forward next year, and the Demons could have several A+ graders.

A Grade

Footypie32

That said, the Demons only have 1 posters in the A Grade bracket. Footypie32 was lineball A and A+, he had an excellent season and was definitely the public face of the club. He was also a member of a leadership group that was disappointing overall, and he was one of two leaders who I consider to have done their job. A good match thread poster with a relaxed style, he also has a presence in most threads outside of match threads. He dabbles with his own, however I’d like to see more of his own media, as well as taking on more responsibility in his role in the team.

The problem? They only have one A grade poster, though admittedly a very good one. As I’ll explore later in the piece with the other brackets, the Demons is a list in need of serious rejuvenation despite just winning the flag, and part of this is getting more footypie’s.

Congratulations on an excellent season.

B Grade

Eth
Logger
Smartys Power
cooney

Straight off the bat, this is where it may become a bit dicey due to lack of posting stats. However, I can categorically state that these 4 posters deserve to be here and it may be those who miss out that will be aggrieved. The thing I love about these 4 is that they each bring something different to the side and league, which is something I’ve always spoken of as a key indicator of a strong list. Eth and Logger do amazing work behind the scenes, both for the Demons and the league as a whole. Both are both seen around the traps, but have wound back their posting in match threads and in media to the point where it is holding them back from A Grade status. Cooney is always present, but never in your face. The Mobbs Medallist continued doing what cooney does without notice of much around him. I don’t think he is someone that will ever be an A grader, but he is the quintessential B grader. Always posting, always moving threads along. Smartys Power has never posted enough, not being enough of a league presence to be more than a B grader. But the potential is certainly thereis definitely potential there if he put himself out there.

I don’t see a particular issue with this group of B Graders, outside of who they are. The variety and depth is perfect, however they need more youth in this bracket. They also need 2 or 3 of these posters pushing themselves up to an A grade level. Can they do it? I am doubtful.

C / F Grade

Deestroy
Rhodesy_Blues
Bartel
Danger in Texas
LP04
tasmanlvr
Mateyman
Modbury_Hawk_12
DEMON PRIDE
Big Stiff
hdecure
raven echo
WestCoaster87
lanky_wes
NinjaSwan
matty_boy08
Gentlemen
Headless
thorne89
Hawk Patrol
stewie griffen

It says a lot that I had to merge these two brackets. I can guarantee you that @Gentleman and lanky_wes would have been C graders, but of the others I have no idea. There is just a lack of presence in the Demons list at the moment, and a lot of these posters I hadn’t heard of until now. A few I had, and showed great potential over the last few seasons; names such as DiT, Hawk Patrol, raven echo and Mateyman just haven’t delivered. Others have delivered before, and have just completely faded; Deestroy (though that is deserved) and Rhodesy_Blues. Others clearly just didn’t find an enthusiasm or niche in the league and have never come on. Either way, for a club that just won the flag, the Demons list lacks a lot of enthusiasm and depth. These posters need to be on notice, the Demons are a successful club and can’t accept mediocrity. These posters need to be moved on, or get posting, or they may miss out on the next Demons flag.

Overall Grade

C

Due to their on-field success, the Demons have avoided a failing grade for season 18. But off field, despite this success, there are all sorts of problems. They lack image. They lack public faces. Outside of a select few, the rest of the list is too content sitting back. Admittedly, posting high numbers and getting outside of match threads isn’t for everyone, but there is an alarming number of Demons not putting themselves out there. The leadership group is where it starts, they need to be more proactive. They need those with potential back posting, they need those hiding to come out, they need to find a spark.

Congratulation on the premiership, it was obviously well deserved. But I fear that it is papercracking over some deeper issues.

Until next time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was the first one I've read. First impressions count and yours wasn't great.
How nice of you :rolleyes:.

It was poo, it didn't come to me today. The others I am proud of though.

Enjoy your F, flog :D

How nice of you :rolleyes:.

It was poo, it didn't come to me today. The others I am proud of though.

Enjoy your F, flog :D

If you're struggling, try a cup of coffee or a high-fibre diet.

Harsh, but fair.

I'll read the others since I have nothing else to do but watch the unfolding mess of the GoG game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back