Media State of the List

Remove this Banner Ad

Still haven't managed to get the net properly installed at home so the next installment, whilst written, won't be posted until Monday.
But they have net at school

Hello.

Welcome to the thread of rhetorical questions. What does this mean?

State of the List – Alberton Swamprats

In today’s episode of State of the List, I dish out some home truths to my Alberton Swamprats, who toiled through a second straight season of disappointment. I wandered in and out of using ‘they’ and ‘we’ through-out the article. Nothing sinister, I just couldn’t make my mind up.

The Swamprats finished third to bottom of the Season 18 SFA, a win outside of the top 8. The usual questions are being asked internally and externally at Alberton, how do they attract new posters to the club? Why do non-Port posters not sign up with the club? Who the * stole MannumPower ’s Johnnie Blue? On field, questions have to be asked about their defensive game, as Kern’s all out attack had the ‘Rats conceding the 2nd highest amount of points during Season 18.

A+ Grade

spookism
Noobz0r

The Swamprats have 2 players in the super-elite category, making them comparable to most other clubs in the league. Myself and spookism lead the way in quality posting during match threads, and more importantly, around the league. Unfortunately the one knock on us has to be that, outside of ourselves and MP, we haven’t cultivated other ‘Rat posters into posting outside of team and match threads. On field spookism and I finished first and second in the Best and Fairest respectively, standing up and dragging the team with us in the ruck and midfield (take note, TheFreshBanana and croweater 41), and both surely have to be in contention for All-SFA honours. Going into the future, the big task for the co-captains is making Alberton a more appealing place for new posters, as well as those looking for a new home, which will be explored later in the piece.

A Grade

Power Raid
I_Dont_Care

The A-Grade bracket is both a positive and a negative for the Alberton boys. Firstly, both Power Raid and I_Dont_Care were playing in their first seasons for the ‘Rats, and IDC was playing his debut season in the SFA in general. Having first year players pick up so much slack, and provide quality on and off the field, sets them up for a long and successful career, and makes for an exciting future. On the flipside, the lack of experience in this bracket has to be a concern. MoOP and MP were too sporadic to be considered as having an elite season, and other seasoned heads had nowhere near enough of a presence. For the future, the ‘Rats need to ensure that IDC and Power Raid didn’t just have a flash in the pan year. They also need more experience posting to this level, as Noobz and spookism can’t be the only ones leading the way.

B Grade

MoOP

This is the area of grave concern for the Swamprats, and what I was alluding to in the A+ Grade bracket. Having 4 A to A+ posters is a good season, but 1 B Grade poster is pathetic. My idea of those in the B Grade bracket are consistent posters, doing their bit to support the A Graders in the match thread, as well as providing an appropriate support cast on game day. MoOP is of A Grade quality, but was inconsistent all season, meaning that he misses a key indicator of a B Grade poster despite being in the bracket. Going forward, the ‘Rats need 4-5 posters in this bracket to improve their list. Making this more difficult is MoOP signing with the Bears during the off-season. The key is to get previous quality (such as MP) posting, signing experienced posters from other clubs, or nurturing rookies into quality contributors. All of which we failed to do during Season 18. Question marks will surely be asked of the ‘Rats longevity as a club if they are unable to rectify this situation.

C Grade

manureid
Ant Bear

Again, this area is of grave concern. To have less B and C Graders combined than A Graders really does show that all of the work is being left to too few. manureid has enough experience in the SFA to be pushing up the brackets (1 season as the number one ticket holder, and now 2 seasons worth of experience), however he just lacks the passion and fire to post consistently enough. However, on field he had a decent year being top 10 in possession and top 5 in goals from a forward flank. Ant Bear had a decent debut year, winning the Rookie of the Year for the club. Ant Bear needs to ensure that he builds on this on posts at a higher level next season, to ensure that he is pushing up into the higher categories and supporting the leaders at the club.

Heading into next year, the ‘Rats really need more posters in the C Grade bracket. There is an obscene amount of F Grades at the club, just 5 of which posting to a C Grade level will help the club out immensely.

F Grade

MannumPower
Powerstufff
RossFC
Marto_
Macca19
Schulzenfest
Abraham Nuscrack
Jonts
PREDAT0R
nivek48
Janus
Ford Fairlane
El_Scorcho
It Just Is
@don dynamite
Asgardian

Obscene. Embarrassing. Unacceptable. These are just a few of the words that could be used about the quality contained in this bracket. And this isn’t a slight on the players themselves (well… it sort of is), it’s about the club as a whole. Some of the posters in this bracket are club legends (MP, Macca19, Ford Fairlane), some had great years previously but have fallen right out of love with the club (Schulzenfest, It Just Is, Abraham Nuscrack, Jonts) and some are rookies that we just couldn’t get into it (RossFC, Janus). The ‘Rats need these posters contributing more than well less than a post a week on average, they need them pushing into the C, B and A Grades. If not, they need to cut the deadwood and attract other posters to the club. This challenge isn’t for the individual players, it’s for the club, and the leaders of the club. Another season of this, and the ‘Rats could be in dire strife.

Overall Grade

C-

The top-end talent, and the fact that we didn’t win the spoon, keeps the ‘Rats from a fail grade for the year. There isn’t serious holes in the ‘Rats list, there is one mother******* sinkhole right through the middle of it. They need a serious recruitment drive (which we’re in the middle of), or they need to light a fire under the F Graders, or they are going to struggle again.

I'd finish first and second in the club best and fairest as well if I did the votes...

Thank goodness I wanted to be first and second in this years best and fairest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't really fault any of that Noobz0r , a good tough look at our own club that does need a lift.
It'll be tough minus MoOP but with MannumPower back and super keen he'll jump up the ratings. I really am liking the two A Graders I_Dont_Care and Power Raid and I would love to see Ant Bear take a massive step up next year.

We really need to recruit strongly though and bring in some strong, new posters and we are working hard behind the scenes to make this happen.

Hello.

Welcome to the thread of rhetorical questions. What does this mean?

State of the List – Alberton Swamprats

In today’s episode of State of the List, I dish out some home truths to my Alberton Swamprats, who toiled through a second straight season of disappointment. I wandered in and out of using ‘they’ and ‘we’ through-out the article. Nothing sinister, I just couldn’t make my mind up.

The Swamprats finished third to bottom of the Season 18 SFA, a win outside of the top 8. The usual questions are being asked internally and externally at Alberton, how do they attract new posters to the club? Why do non-Port posters not sign up with the club? Who the **** stole MannumPower ’s Johnnie Blue? On field, questions have to be asked about their defensive game, as Kern’s all out attack had the ‘Rats conceding the 2nd highest amount of points during Season 18.

A+ Grade

spookism
Noobz0r

The Swamprats have 2 players in the super-elite category, making them comparable to most other clubs in the league. Myself and spookism lead the way in quality posting during match threads, and more importantly, around the league. Unfortunately the one knock on us has to be that, outside of ourselves and MP, we haven’t cultivated other ‘Rat posters into posting outside of team and match threads. On field spookism and I finished first and second in the Best and Fairest respectively, standing up and dragging the team with us in the ruck and midfield (take note, TheFreshBanana and croweater 41), and both surely have to be in contention for All-SFA honours. Going into the future, the big task for the co-captains is making Alberton a more appealing place for new posters, as well as those looking for a new home, which will be explored later in the piece.

A Grade

Power Raid
I_Dont_Care

The A-Grade bracket is both a positive and a negative for the Alberton boys. Firstly, both Power Raid and I_Dont_Care were playing in their first seasons for the ‘Rats, and IDC was playing his debut season in the SFA in general. Having first year players pick up so much slack, and provide quality on and off the field, sets them up for a long and successful career, and makes for an exciting future. On the flipside, the lack of experience in this bracket has to be a concern. MoOP and MP were too sporadic to be considered as having an elite season, and other seasoned heads had nowhere near enough of a presence. For the future, the ‘Rats need to ensure that IDC and Power Raid didn’t just have a flash in the pan year. They also need more experience posting to this level, as Noobz and spookism can’t be the only ones leading the way.

B Grade

MoOP

This is the area of grave concern for the Swamprats, and what I was alluding to in the A+ Grade bracket. Having 4 A to A+ posters is a good season, but 1 B Grade poster is pathetic. My idea of those in the B Grade bracket are consistent posters, doing their bit to support the A Graders in the match thread, as well as providing an appropriate support cast on game day. MoOP is of A Grade quality, but was inconsistent all season, meaning that he misses a key indicator of a B Grade poster despite being in the bracket. Going forward, the ‘Rats need 4-5 posters in this bracket to improve their list. Making this more difficult is MoOP signing with the Bears during the off-season. The key is to get previous quality (such as MP) posting, signing experienced posters from other clubs, or nurturing rookies into quality contributors. All of which we failed to do during Season 18. Question marks will surely be asked of the ‘Rats longevity as a club if they are unable to rectify this situation.

C Grade

manureid
Ant Bear

Again, this area is of grave concern. To have less B and C Graders combined than A Graders really does show that all of the work is being left to too few. manureid has enough experience in the SFA to be pushing up the brackets (1 season as the number one ticket holder, and now 2 seasons worth of experience), however he just lacks the passion and fire to post consistently enough. However, on field he had a decent year being top 10 in possession and top 5 in goals from a forward flank. Ant Bear had a decent debut year, winning the Rookie of the Year for the club. Ant Bear needs to ensure that he builds on this on posts at a higher level next season, to ensure that he is pushing up into the higher categories and supporting the leaders at the club.

Heading into next year, the ‘Rats really need more posters in the C Grade bracket. There is an obscene amount of F Grades at the club, just 5 of which posting to a C Grade level will help the club out immensely.

F Grade

MannumPower
Powerstufff
RossFC
Marto_
Macca19
Schulzenfest
Abraham Nuscrack
Jonts
PREDAT0R
nivek48
Janus
Ford Fairlane
El_Scorcho
It Just Is
@don dynamite
Asgardian

Obscene. Embarrassing. Unacceptable. These are just a few of the words that could be used about the quality contained in this bracket. And this isn’t a slight on the players themselves (well… it sort of is), it’s about the club as a whole. Some of the posters in this bracket are club legends (MP, Macca19, Ford Fairlane), some had great years previously but have fallen right out of love with the club (Schulzenfest, It Just Is, Abraham Nuscrack, Jonts) and some are rookies that we just couldn’t get into it (RossFC, Janus). The ‘Rats need these posters contributing more than well less than a post a week on average, they need them pushing into the C, B and A Grades. If not, they need to cut the deadwood and attract other posters to the club. This challenge isn’t for the individual players, it’s for the club, and the leaders of the club. Another season of this, and the ‘Rats could be in dire strife.

Overall Grade

C-

The top-end talent, and the fact that we didn’t win the spoon, keeps the ‘Rats from a fail grade for the year. There isn’t serious holes in the ‘Rats list, there is one mother******* sinkhole right through the middle of it. They need a serious recruitment drive (which we’re in the middle of), or they need to light a fire under the F Graders, or they are going to struggle again.
Quality stuff. I eagerly read this every single time. Abusing your own team eh? Great read though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back