Toast Stephen Hill 150 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe... Even then I'm hoping this thread is full of highlights and memories!

Re: Next Week

Sutty - pav - macca - Sandi - Mundy - Johnson - walters - fyfe

That's 8 out without thinking too hard.

We can't rest everyone. Wouldn't be surprised if hill plays.

Hilly is one of the most exciting players in the game today and his line breaking ability puts rival coaches in sweats. He's gotten a hard time from some fans in past years for not getting enough of it, but has this year grown into the kind of player we all dreamed he could be.
I'm looking forward to seeing him tear apart a big game like Peter Matera in 92 one day.

Should be in line for all Australian this year.

hmm hard choice.

The odd part is the drop of his AFL ranking, when in previous years he was ranked so highly. Am genuinely curious why that stupid measurement has got him dropping this year, when it feels he playing the same or at a better level.

hmm hard choice.

The odd part is the drop of his AFL ranking, when in previous years he was ranked so highly. Am genuinely curious why that stupid measurement has got him dropping this year, when it feels he playing the same or at a better level.
Because he's playing further back & the stupid measurement skews towards midfielders

Maybe... Even then I'm hoping this thread is full of highlights and memories!

Re: Next Week

Sutty - pav - macca - Sandi - Mundy - Johnson - walters - fyfe

That's 8 out without thinking too hard.

We can't rest everyone. Wouldn't be surprised if hill plays.

Hill will benefit from a rest more than most other players. After Pav and Luke, Hilly would be the first bloke I'd choose to give a rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. He's been super value in terms of his resilience and the quality of output. A gutsy and excellent pick by the recruiters in what was a bumper year.

Is unfairly marked and not given the credit he's due. Great thing is we will continue to build around him and fyfe at top level for the next 5+ years.

He is getting harder to stop. I hope next year we continue to work him into more attacking positions.

The dummy and delivery to pav today... Class! If that was Cyril the commentary would be off the charts!

What a memory!! My favourite moment also.

Could have been called better but even now I get tingly watching that and hearing the freo supporters roar!
Yep, not sure how your favourite memory can involve Basil commentating unless you were in Geelong.

He was still worrying about if it was out of bounds when Hilly had run 100m already.

Now with added commentary options...

That bit from the last commentary... "The fans are going absolutely bloody nuts!" still takes me back to being there on the day screaming my **** off.

Congrats on the upcoming 150 Humphrey. No doubt we picked the right Hill. FFC definitely made the right call over Rich in the end too :thumbsu:

This one's another ripper, Fyfe and Hilly have their say, and Micky B has the final word on the matter... :D

Loved this game from him, can't believe how much time and space the Doggies afforded him that day. Neither could Cometti.

Great for him to tear it up like that on Indigenous Round too, was really proud of him having such a big day on such a special occasion like that given our proud history of indigenous players at the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back