Rumour Steven Motlop

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't get why Motlop would want out?
001103x8.gif

Motlop to GC, S.Selwood to Geelong, Omeara to WCE...probably some picks in different directions in there to make sure FA picks are awarded by AFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Motlop to GC, S.Selwood to Geelong, Omeara to WCE...probably some picks in different directions in there to make sure FA picks are awarded by AFL

Explain how that is a good deal for Geelong ...SS is a FA no trade required. That would have to be sweetened a bit. Throw in Schofield...then again maybe we will just till next year when he is a FA as well. Make it Nelson good young Falcon.

Explain how that is a good deal for Geelong ...SS is a FA no trade required. That would have to be sweetened a bit. Throw in Schofield...then again maybe we will just till next year when he is a FA as well. Make it Nelson good young Falcon.

I know a trade isn't required that's why there will be picks thrown in elsewhere so we still get the FA pick, then on-trade that pick and/or something else to GC for O'meara who on-trade for motlop. Geelong end up with SS + pick for Motlop, GC end up with Motlop + pick, WCE end up with O'meara minus picks. Obviously we won't have enough top end picks for O'meara alone, hence why Selwood goes to you guys and we get 1st round or end of 1st round, hopefully not too different. O'meara to us is obviously a pricey one, so we will have to give something of value up not sure 12-17 and FA pick will be enough for O'meara.

I know a trade isn't required that's why there will be picks thrown in elsewhere so we still get the FA pick, then on-trade that pick and/or something else to GC for O'meara who on-trade for motlop. Geelong end up with SS + pick for Motlop, GC end up with Motlop + pick, WCE end up with O'meara minus picks. Obviously we won't have enough top end picks for O'meara alone, hence why Selwood goes to you guys and we get 1st round or end of 1st round, hopefully not too different. O'meara to us is obviously a pricey one, so we will have to give something of value up not sure 12-17 and FA pick will be enough for O'meara.

Again , unless its a R1 pick why Geelong would involve Motlop at all For Geelong. Get Selwood No cost. If WC get a end of R1 pick for him, then thats not early enough for Motlop.

Again , unless its a R1 pick why Geelong would involve Motlop at all For Geelong. Get Selwood No cost. If WC get a end of R1 pick for him, then thats not early enough for Motlop.
I agree he is worth a R1 pick probably somewhere around 10-15, which may mean a swap of picks for you and GC ie if GC end up with pick 3, and you with 10, then maybe a 7 pick upgrade could be worth it, then

GC would end up with pick 10, our 1st say 15 and SS FA pick either 16 or 19 and motlop, and lose omeara pick 3
Geel have SSelwood plus pick 3 and perhaps you also get one of the other picks and lose motlop,10
WCE have Omeara and lose SSelwood,15,19

I agree he is worth a R1 pick probably somewhere around 10-15, which may mean a swap of picks for you and GC ie if GC end up with pick 3, and you with 10, then maybe a 7 pick upgrade could be worth it, then

GC would end up with pick 10, our 1st say 15 and SS FA pick either 16 or 19 and motlop, and lose omeara pick 3
Geel have SSelwood plus pick 3 and perhaps you also get one of the other picks and lose motlop,10
WCE have Omeara and lose SSelwood,15,19

Its all rather elaborate... and the more involved in a deal the more chance of falling over.

Basically... Our R1 pick (sayP10) upgraded to P3 for Motlop. Mmm that would be interesting. It would depend on how we rate players. If we could get Weitering perhaps we would do that. Not sure we are the right club for Shack.

And we are more likely to trade our R1 for Henderson. Id prefer an extra pick in the top 10 id say for Motlop , top 15 at the worst.

Yeah , what for ?
He thinks the Crows will match Dangerfield offer Motlop will go to Essendon for their 1st Round pick and Geelong will give that pick to Adelaide.

He also said Richmond had interest in him as well.

Seems unlikely to me that Essendon would give a pick around 5-10 for Motlop but i could see Richmond giving up their 1st rounder for him.

He thinks the Crows will match Dangerfield offer Motlop will go to Essendon for their 1st Round pick and Geelong will give that pick to Adelaide.

He also said Richmond had interest in him as well.

Seems unlikely to me that Essendon would give a pick around 5-10 for Motlop but i could see Richmond giving up their 1st rounder for him.

Oh this rubbish again.
Honestly , the Ess R1 is likely to be very early... Geelong have not had a pick earlier than P7 for 25 years. If they trade a P5 for a FA , there would be extreme reaction imo , let alone trade a P5 and a P10 for Danger. Id say we would look at other methods if we got a pick that early , and there was 1.2 or 1.4 M on his head... put Danger into the National draft and take him at P5 , and keep P10. Would any of the first 4 clubs be willing to not draft the kids available for Danger? When he say he doesn't want to be there? A P5 and a P10 , just too much to trade. Id rather trade with GWS for Treloar, it wouldn't take both of those picks.

Richmond more doable , yes. The whole match thing is a bit insane for mine but this is a Motlop thread so I'll keep that out of it. Motlop for P12-P14..etc. probably about right

Oh this rubbish again.
Honestly , the Ess R1 is likely to be very early... Geelong have not had a pick earlier than P7 for 25 years. If they trade a P5 for a FA , there would be extreme reaction imo , let alone trade a P5 and a P10 for Danger. Id say we would look at other methods if we got a pick that early , and there was 1.2 or 1.4 M on his head... put Danger into the National draft and take him at P5 , and keep P10. Would any of the first 4 clubs be willing to not draft the kids available for Danger? When he say he doesn't want to be there? A P5 and a P10 , just too much to trade. Id rather trade with GWS for Treloar, it wouldn't take both of those picks.

Richmond more doable , yes. The whole match thing is a bit insane for mine but this is a Motlop thread so I'll keep that out of it. Motlop for P12-P14..etc. probably about right
P12-14 for a 25yo small foward with limited midfield ability who is not in good form. You must be kidding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back