Senior List
Sep 10, 2003
SE Swampland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Source: The Age

Stevens may be training with the Blues next week

From the article...

"Stevens will nominate for the pre-season draft as early as this Saturday to be able to commence training with Carlton next week.

Stevens and Carlton have received advice from the AFL that after Saturday's national draft a nomination for the pre-season draft will automatically remove Stevens from Port Adelaide's list.

In effect, he will become a free agent, a delisted player able to nominate a club to train with until he officially finds a new home on December 16.

Unsurprisingly, that club will be Carlton, which is understood to have a four-year deal awaiting his signature. The Western Bulldogs have committed their first selection in the pre-season draft to former Hawk Jade Rawlings.

Once Stevens nominates, Carlton will have to resubmit its playing list to the AFL with the addition of his name and a guarantee of intent to select the 23-year-old in December. If this process is completed swiftly, Stevens could be training with the Blues by next Wednesday.

Carlton media manager Ian Coutts said he did not believe Stevens would be able to don a Blues singlet before then, but Stevens's manager, Max Stevens, confirmed that "sooner rather than later" was the plan."

No surprises here really... see ya!

I'm beginning to really dislike Nick.

Originally posted by Porthos
I'm beginning to really dislike Nick.

Dislike... yeah, that's one way of putting it ;)

I just can't wait for the Post-Port curse to strike. French, Francis, Brooks.. they left but they didn't really screw the club like Nicky boy has.

Karma's a bitch Nick :)

Four year contract?

So much for him going to Collingwood after a year.

What goes around comes around...

Originally posted by Nicski
Four year contract?

So much for him going to Collingwood after a year.
Thats what I find really grating.

Even after all the **** he's pulled, if he still made Collingwood his preferred destination and only wanted a one year contract so he could try again.....then I would still find what he did understandable.

But this.....going to a `non preferred' club for the long term after deliberately knocking back good trade offers....that stinks of 100% `**** Port'. So **** him.

Even after all the **** he's pulled, if he still made Collingwood his preferred destination and only wanted a one year contract so he could try again.....then I would still find what he did understandable.

But this.....going to a `non preferred' club for the long term after deliberately knocking back good trade offers....that stinks of 100% `**** Port'. So **** him.

Tell me about it. Ever since the day he quit, his actions just got worse and worse. It's almost incomprehensible why anyone would hate a club so much, especially one that's given so much to him.

And to think he was my favourite player too! Too bad I obviously don't have great judgement of character, unlike footballphantom :p

Originally posted by Nicski
Tell me about it. Ever since the day he quit, his actions just got worse and worse. It's almost incomprehensible why anyone would hate a club so much, especially one that's given so much to him.

And to think he was my favourite player too! Too bad I obviously don't have great judgement of character, unlike footballphantom :p

I do not know how old you are but footballphantom has been dealing with men for a looooooooong time. Experience is really the best teacher.

Absolutely.

There was obviously some serious **** going down if it resorted to this. He must have major issues with the club or something along those lines. The "I just want to go home, boo hoo, get me to Collingwood" crap just doesn't wash anymore.

I always thought he was a a ****er but I never would have expected this.

I'd love to meet the person the knows the whole story..

The most cowardly thing about it is that he hasnt got the guts to hold a press conference or speak to the media directly. The little **** has to speak through his manager or an email.

Turn blue next week? The little traitor used to turn blue every finals series ... something to do with choking ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Ford Fairlane
Turn blue next week? The little traitor used to turn blue every finals series ... something to do with choking ...
Hehe. :D
Funny but true.

Remember that the Cows won their first GF straight after they purged McGuinness and A.Jarman. They never looked like they would win anything important while McGuinness was there as it was too much "shut down McGuinness, shut down the Cows".
Hopefully the move of Stevens will have the same positive effect on us.

Originally posted by mic59
Hopefully the move of Stevens will have the same positive effect on us.
To be fair though, they were Glenelg and North Adelaide scum, so it would have to be an improvement.

Nick is just a Victorian, so there's less of a club redemption factor in him going, however much he may appear to be the anti-Christ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back