Stokes joins Essendon as a top up player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with all you say but the SJ comment.
He was very frustrating for many supporters and obviously the MC last season, undisciplined too often, injured and less potent, and we don't know how his departure may have facilitated the acquisition of Dangerfield. At most, one year left at Geelong, and we were not going to get his best; GWS might be lucky that he wants to prove something- would we have got that this year?
just in case he plays well like he did at the end of last year I will make pointless statement that will still make me comfortable with the club decision thus now there is nothing he can do to proove my position was incorrect. Well done.

just in case he plays well like he did at the end of last year I will make pointless statement that will still make me comfortable with the club decision thus now there is nothing he can do to proove my position was incorrect. Well done.
Just trying to be diplomatic and respectful- I acknowledge he was one of our best ever players, and don't want to celebrate his departure, but for me he was stale, tired, sore and grumpy.

Essendon have finally unveiled their long awaited clash strip:
12644726_914596378665782_1970810111604046880_n.jpg

but for me he was stale, tired, sore and grumpy.

"Stale, tired, sore and grumpy" yet still finding plenty of the footy, still kicking goals, still setting up goals, still causing mayor headaches for the opposition and still comfortably one of our top ten best players. ;)

Yep. Does anyone remember Winmar as a dog, Brereton as a pie, Hawkins as a Roy or Mansfield as a blue.
Yeah I remember that cause, in a nice twist, it's how we got the pick we used on Chapman.

I love that Stoker has come out and said that in his heart he will always be a cat! I could see him withdrawing from matches against us, because his heart wouldn't be in it. He has another 12 months of AFL football (and salary) before riding off into the sunset. Good luck to him.

Rather than the ex-girlfriend analogy a better one is an ex-fighter pilot flying for the airlines. In his heart he will always be a fighter pilot - airline flying pays the bills (and is still flying after all!).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back